collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite ponies, episodes and/or toys......and why?  (Read 1741 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Favorite ponies, episodes and/or toys......and why?
« on: August 15, 2017, 02:59:30 PM »
Across all gens of Pony, what are your favorite ponies? episodes? toys?

I'll go first.  My favorite ponies are G1 Applejack because she freed the Twinkle Eyes from the mine (defeating the wizard with nothing but clumsiness!), G4 Diamond Tiara before and after her reform, Coloratura, Big Mac (cuz he's the pony I wanna be) and both G4 Pinky and G3 Pinkie Pie.

My favorite G1 episode is The Glass Princess because of the awful ponywash scene and because I just LOVE Porcina (and her ghastly power!), and my fave G4s are Crusaders of the Lost Mark in S5 because it's a musical like a micro-Le Miz where everything is told in a song, and I loved the struggle within Diamond Tiara as her bad side resists her turn to good, and how she finally succumbs because doing good gives her satisfaction that had so long eluded her.  In the current season I love the two Apple romances:  between Big Mac and SugarBelle, and the Apple parents, because the Apple stallions are so straightforward and wholesome find the most genuine, sweet and hardworking mares and I especially love the parallels between the two couples.

My new favorite pony toy is the robot Twilight Sparkle.....can I call her Twilybot?  Unlike all the other movie toys, she sings the complete songs and she's actually pretty sweet and snuggly once you get used to her.

My favorite G1 toys are all the original collector's pose ponies and Wriggle Pocket (US name Bubblefish).  I love her pose and the goldfish, and the CP ponies are just so simple and sweet with their chubby round bodies and humble smiles.  Butterscotch and Cotton Candy have the best hair, too.  I also love G3.5s for their luxurious hair and how heavy and solid they are.

What are your all time favorites?  ponies, episodes or toys.  Thanks for sharing!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite ponies, episodes and/or toys......and why?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:55:13 PM »
My first pony was G1 Sparkler (the unicorn) so I always wished we got more of her in animation format. She's in one special, the Katrina one, and I think she has a total of one spoken line and is then regulated to background pony. Sigh! But I always loved her color scheme. I'm really glad she exists in new form as Rarity, my fave of the Mane 6! (Well, tied with RD because I had mad love for RD back in the G3 days so my fondness carried over despite the rehaul of the character lol)

Interesting question about the favorite toy... I really like some of the things Hasbro does (although more often I'm just exasperated lol). I really liked the G1 and G3 glitter ponies, even though it's weird to see inside them lol! I love the idea of scented ponies too.

I think my favorite were the G1 merry-go-rounds. So detailed!

Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:14:28 PM »
Across all gens of Pony, what are your favorite ponies? episodes? toys?

I'll go first.  My favorite ponies are G1 Applejack because she freed the Twinkle Eyes from the mine (defeating the wizard with nothing but clumsiness!),
I love how that's gone pretty much viral now as a pony legend even though it came from the UK comic xD.

I don't have one favourite but I have a nostalgic love for a lot of the early ponies Hasbro brought out. I have never been able to pick one favourite G1.

I am not a huge fan of any of the MLP animated series, G1, G3 or G4. I like G1 best of the three but not enough to have a favourite episode :/ My favourite stories came from the comic and it was stories like the one with the ice slide and the Mountain Boys and also the baby first tooth ponies, Chief and someone else (Speedy?) playing slitherwigs and ladders. Also the one when Baby Lucky drew the newborn twins and brought them to life and the one when the baby Dragons go on a quest to rescue their Princess Ponies.

My favourite G4 pony is Sunset Shimmer but it's largely because of her personality in EQG. I don't know if she is in FIM. But specifically toywise, it's Fluttsi. Of course ;) Couldn't be another answer to that :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 01:19:57 PM »
My childhood favorites were Moondancer (my first pony), Baby Moondancer (my favorite baby pony), and Skydancer (my only boy pony--I decided he was a boy as soon as I got him.)

Out of the twenty or so ponies I had, the baby ponies in general were my favorites. They had many adventures together, often saving the adult ponies from the nefarious Queen Barbie.

Out of all the ponies I have now, it's really hard to choose because I just have so many.  I like G3 Alphabittle's personality trait of thinking she is receiving secret messages through her alphabet soup and she's also a really pretty G3, so her maybe . . . ?  On the G1 side I love Nightlight's dark color, very unusual in a line that usually went for brighter hues.  G2 favorite is definitely Princess Golden Light.  For G4, I really love the translucent ponies.  Especially Starlight Glimmer.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 02:35:37 PM »
Love positive posts like this. Favorite pony is G1 Merry Treat and G1 baby rice krispie baby Stockings. I love the holidays, and ponies as a kid. I was SO jealous my cousin got Merry Treat from us for Christmas. (I picked it out for a family Christmas) I prayed and wrote santa for her. Nope I did not get her. It was not until my boyfriend(now husband) got her for me as a Christmas gift. My grandma got me the rice krispie baby as she knew I loved them. She got me two...they both fell to a burn barrel, as my mom hated clutter, but I got 1 out of the 2 back.

Favorite episode/show Midnight Castel. I watched that video till it died and I still want to find it:)

G4 pinkie pie as her personality is matched with me. Even when she gets sad. G4 Rara. Loved her in her episode and I have 3. MIB, loose and goes everywhere with me, and one with her Countess look (waiting on her return)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 03:05:19 PM »
Favorite Ponies: Galaxy, Sweet Stuff & Fizzy. I loved the TE ponies as a kid, and I still do.

Favorite Episodes:
The Ghost of Paradise Estate (I loved the creepy vibe of parts 1 & 2), Baby It's Cold Outside (because it starred Galaxy), Somnambula (because it starred the Big Brothers), and The Quest of the Princess Ponies (I loved the plot)

Toys:
G1- Galaxy, Speedy, TE Bright Eyes, Blueberry Baskets, Mirror Mirror, MM Windy, & Salty
G3- Autumn Skye & Desert Blossom (I love everything about those 2: names, colors, symbols, poses)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 03:14:58 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 04:35:25 PM »
Oooh this'll be fun!

Favorite G1 pony: Spring Song! (fave pony overall)
Favorite G2 pony: Copper Glow or Hip Holly (I have neither yet)
Favorite G3 pony: Waterfire
Favorite G3 Core 7 pony: Toola-Roola (don't have her yet, just her G3.5)
Favorite G3.5 pony: Cheerilee (choosing her over Toola-Roola because I like her pigtails)
Favorite non mane 6 G4 pony: Blossomforth
Favorite mane 6 G4 pony: Twilight Sparkle
Favorite pony new to the toyline as of G4.5: Princess Skystar (don't have her yet, out of the G2s I do own Magic Motion Moon Shadow is my favorite)

Various favorite toys... beyond the normal figures of the above ponies. G3 Sing & Dance Pinkie Pie is really cool, I love my big G3 Sweetsong plush, the Fan Series Discord, the new G4.5 seaponies are all really cute, especially the pearly ones! Pearlized ponies in general I'm a big fan of. And of course I can't forget My Pretty Pony!

I need to watch more MLP and Friends and Tales before I can choose favorite episodes for them!

My favorite G3 cartoon is probably both Dancing in the Clouds and Friends Are Never Far Away. Skywishes and Star Catcher are so cute! I also really like G3.5's Twinkle Wish Adventure.

My favorite FiM episode is probably The Saddle Row Review.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »
Favorite G1 pony is Wind Whistler.  She was my first pony when I was a kid and I associate with her cartoon personality.  :)

Because I associate with her cartoon personality, I'm fond of the episodes where she's front and center.  Episodes like The Gold Coins and Crunch the Rockdog.

G3 ponies; I like the Easter ponies, including Morning Dawn Delight.  I think this is because I was born on Easter.

G4 ponies - My favorites are Twilight Sparkle and Starlight.  Again, I identify with the characters. 
My favorite episode is the season 2 closer (the one where the introduce Shining Armor,) but I don't know the name of the episode.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 03:21:22 PM »
It is so interesting seeing what everyone has to say here, there's so much diversity on likes.

For me it'd be:
G1 Toys as the all-time faves for sure with: WindWalker & Crystallyne (They're DBs!) But strictly ponies: Masquerade, Sky Rocket Sparkle, Princess Tiffany, Twist SS, Tictactoe , Twisty Tail (Childhood fave) & either Dancing Butterflies or Night Glider. I can just go on, there's so many great g1s & I like their mold best out of everything ever. Diary is amazing too but her symbol is just kinda 'meh' and she doesn't have a lot of personality going but her color is just waaaaaay out there good.

Episode-based G1 faves: Wind Whistler she was kind of 'spock the pony', and Sweet Stuff I generally remember as very charming. I would need to refresh myself on the show though to truly pick 'fave eps', because I've got real hazy memory on lots of them and hesitate to choose.

NEW Category: Your Favorite SMELLing pony (any gen): Cocoa Berry & Red Roses

G3s: Wish a Whirl, Waterfire, Ribbonwishes (I think she's quite dark purple) SeaBreeze (vivid blue with starfish) Silver Lining maybe...

G3 Show: Gotta be Skywishes / Starcatcher and the theme of making friends, it's so nice without being super typical maybe. (Like where Rarity goes awry or Minty does at Christmas)

G3 Personality on Box: Maybe Coconut Cream because she's afraid of everything but does her best and everyone loves her for it. Plus she's so pretty.

G2: -

G4: Twilight probably, her color scheme is good, Rainbowdash the same thing, but personality Twi. Sunset Shimmer for looks for sure & Lady Rara from the show (toy didn't get as vivid) Also LUNA. And Celestia too. Magic hair and more 'horse-like' is cool. I love the dark vividness of Luna.

Episode: Def. an action one like vs Chrysalis or Twi vs the time stuff Starlight did. That had a bit of a Madoka Magica vibe going, and avoided the 'helpless princesses' thing.

lostpony

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
I'm so loving the responses so far, thanks so much everyone! (and everypony) 

I'm going to have a great time looking closer at each of the ponies/stories mentioned here.

Yes also please feel free to include favorite accessories, playsets, stories including personal or comix or back-card etc, favorite smelling ponies, anything like that is wonderful!

Here's another favorite of mine:  Princess Big Mac! Absolutely best Princess!

"Oh, this is so much FUN!"  -TwilyBot

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 06:05:36 PM »
Ooooh, I love threads like this :)

Morning Glory is my absolute favourite in the cartoon. I love her voice and sweet personality :) Wind Whistler and North Star are awesome, too, and I have a bit of a soft spot for Baby Lickety-Split in the movie for some reason XD Maybe cause a lot of people dislike her (which I understand), I do tend to gravitate towards "underdog" characters, haha.. oh and SWEET STUFF!! And Fizzy! I love them both, Sweet Stuff's such a sweetheart (no pun intended.. well, not much :silly:), and Fizzy's adorable, and just, aaaa. (Fun fact - the TV show totally sold me on Twinkle Eyes. Before then I thought they were weird - I liked some of the ponies otherwise, but the eyes themselves were a "dealbreaker" for me. Then I watched the show, fell in love w/ Sweet Stuff's personality, and was like "who cares about the weird eyes, I NEED her" and now I love TEs :P I mean, I still think their eyes are kinda weird, but they definitely grow on you ;))

Haven't seen enough of the G3 cartoons to really have a favourite there (I've only seen "A Very Minty Christmas") and I don't watch FiM, though I do love Flim and Flam. I'm a sucker for con artist characters :P I love Maud, too.

Toy-wise..
G1: Nachtlicht, Re Unicorno, Applejack. And boy ponies in general :)
G2: IVY!!! My absolute favourite pony in general, always has been, always will be. I love Miss Painter, Trixiebelle and Princess Twinkle Star, too. Oh, and Clever Clover. And Ivy's baby Fern, of course ;)
G3: Tie between Pumpkin Tart and Port-o-Bella - I can never decide which one I like more. I loveloveLOVE the Diva pose (it's my absolute favourite pose across all the gens) and I love Bella's shroom symbol (and her puffy hat!!!!), but also I really love Pumpkin Tart's colours and kitty symbol.. I just love them both. :P I like Applejack and Waterfire, too.
G4: -pokes sig- Trixie! And her Taobao oddball/hybrid "sister", "Holly Blue" aka Trixieshy - sure she's just a weird factory second, but for some reason I really love her.. I also love the princesses especially Sterling and Gold Lily, and all the baby ponies, they're so cute (Silver Spoon, Diamond Tiara, Star Dreams and Twirly Treats are probably my favourites - don't make me narrow it down any more :P). I like Lyra, too; something about her just draws me in.

Episodes.. let's see.. Well, my absolute *favourite* MLP cartoon is "Rescue at Midnight Castle". It's just fantastic, I love everything about it. Then after that.. I like "Catrina" and the movie too, and most of the MLP and Friends eps.. but my *favourites* are "The End of Flutter Valley", "Bright Lights" (for some reason this ep just.. clicks with me...?? It's weird), "Somnambula" (boy ponies! <3), "Crunch the Rockdog" (I love Wind Whistler) and "Sweet Stuff and the Treasure Hunt".

Hey, how about favourite songs, can we include those too? :D Though it's always hard for me to narrow it down to just a few.. ^^;

(btw lostpony, I keep getting thrown off since you changed your av XD I keep forgetting it's you, I'm so used to your old one, haha. If that makes sense.)

lostpony

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 09:23:17 PM »
Haha yes I know Carrehz, that used to really get me too when people change avatars!  I actually changed it twice recently, to a droll Twily when her song failed in the last episode (reflecting my mood the other day) then to the TwilyBot for the time being, having been the G1 Rainbow Dash I drew for a long time.  Don't suppose my imaginary G1 Rainbow Dash made anyone's favorites list? haha.

Yes please songs too!  That's a good catch!  I was thinking of dredging up an old song thread I had a long time ago, and posting a new one with all the great song links people contributed to the old one.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »
Oh boy, what fun!

Now to start with, I have not watched any of the new mlp episodes/series of anything. And I do not exactly remember the G1 episodes I watched as a child. So really, I just cannot comment on any of that.

As for the toys: I always struggle to choose 'only one' favourite. It just isn't possible for me.

G1:  I love Night Glider (of course), and NSS Truly, and Whizzer, and Gingerbread, and Glow, and Sparkler (the unicorn), and Powder, and Medley, and Hopscotch, and... I think you get the idea. I love my ponies. And these are just ponies that I actually have. We are not talking about ponies that I would one day like to have. Oh, there are so many.

G3: This is easier as I don't have very many. Yet. My favourite pose is the Diva pose and my favourite pony right now is Silver Glow. And Heather Winds. And Rainbow Dash, because she was my first G3. I think that at the moment the pony that I would most like to add to the herd is WaterFire  - she has Fire in her Eyes. Wow...

@ lostpony: Your new avatar also completely threw me at first  ;)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 09:16:11 PM »
lol I really like that they gave Big Mac a Sailor-Moon-style make-up animation in that episode. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »
i love minty because of her color scheme and her character
sprinkles because she was my first g1
the white unicorn from g2 because she lit up
celestia because shes pretty
any g3 film there super funny
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal