collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hej!  (Read 745 times)

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Hej!
« on: August 15, 2017, 08:21:57 AM »
I'm an American living in Sweden, and yes I did lug my toy collection across the atlantic  :biggrin:

I'm a 90's kid but since most all of my stuff was hand-me-downs or found at yard sales, I grew up with 80's toys! When I was little I generally only bought garage sale ponies if they were in decent condition and I cringe now thinking about what I probably missed! I went through a phase where I just bought any G1 or G3 ponies I could get my hands on, and now that I am going through all my things (kon mari, anyone?) it seems like the time to say goodbye to some and start looking for the ones I really want. I am an adult with a salaried job these days after all. Time to start spending my money in the right places  :P

I also loved breyer horses, polly pocket, fairy winkles, starcastles, and littlest pet shop, though I don't collect those any longer. There is just something special about ponies that keeps me coming back  :)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hej!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:32:40 AM »
Welcome to the arena!

There's definitely something about ponies! 

Hope you get all you want and enjoy your time here.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:16:48 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I love that you took your collection with you on your move :)
Good luck finding those ponies you love with your adult wage - I know I did something similar to you and I bought myself the long wanted Paradise Estate!!!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 12:19:12 AM »
Welcome! Wow, you brought your toy collection over The Pond? That's dedication!  :frolic: :frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline alaskaallie

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »

I love that you took your collection with you on your move :)
Good luck finding those ponies you love with your adult wage - I know I did something similar to you and I bought myself the long wanted Paradise Estate!!!

I love stories of people buying childhood dream toys  :lol: It's not such a big collection at the moment- fit the whole thing into one (hard-sided, with padding of course) suitcase! My parents definitely gave me a lot of looks  :blink:

Post Merge: September 01, 2017, 11:26:11 AM

Welcome! Wow, you brought your toy collection over The Pond? That's dedication!  :frolic: :frolic:

I didn't do the whole move all at once- every time I went back to the US to visit I brought a little more of my stuff with me. So I knew the move was serious when I took my toy collection  ^.^
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:26:11 AM by alaskaallie »

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 11:52:21 AM »
Well howdy there! Pleased as punch to meet ya! I'm sure you can find all the ponies you could ever want in the sales forums. There's oodles of ponies there. But what made you move to Sweden? I don't know much about the place, as I've never been there. But what made you move halfway across the world?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline alaskaallie

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 12:36:01 PM »
Well howdy there! Pleased as punch to meet ya! I'm sure you can find all the ponies you could ever want in the sales forums. There's oodles of ponies there. But what made you move to Sweden? I don't know much about the place, as I've never been there. But what made you move halfway across the world?

I have family friends here so I first visited when I was about 8 or 9, and again when I was in my teens. I studied at Uppsala University then got a decent job, made lots of friends, then lucked out on renting apartments... now I have been living here since I was 19 and going back to the US would feel like moving to a different country all over again!   :shocked:

I am certainly looking forward to the sales posts as soon as I get my paypal set up   :lol:

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 05:10:03 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena!
We're a friendly bunch and very pleased to meet you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal