collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi everyone ! Here is my presentation and my collection to begin with !  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Nuada

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Hello everyone !  :frolic:
First of all, thank you so much for accepting me here.

I will present myself through simple questions, such that you can read what you are interested in.

How did I discover My Little Pony ?

I am 20 years old, I live in Switzerland and came across My Little Pony by accident ; I simply surfed online and saw a G1 pony and immediatly fell in love ; I’ve always been attracted to vintage toys, but this time, it was on a whole different level.
As many collectors, I go to flea markets the most I can – and then restauring the ponies I got there -  and the rest of the time, I am looking for ponies on eBay. Here will be a new interesting spot for me to find ponies.

Since when have you been collecting My Little Pony ponies ?

Only a couple of years but I have the feeling I’ve been doing this from much longer !

Which generations of ponies are you collecting ?

I used to collect every single “My Little Pony” item, but now I realise that the two generations I truly like are G1 and G3. I also like the basic model of G4, so now I am going to downsize my collection, selling G2, G3.5 and a few G4.

Are you collecting fakies ?

I used to. Some people on certain forums who really love fakies made me feel empathy towards fakies but as I tried to restaure them, the quality was so poor that I couldn’t even brush their hair as soft as I could without them  completely falling off, so it definitely put me off !

What about custom ponies ?

It’s hard to say, because I think creativity is one of the most beautiful things in this world and I’ve seen many wonderful customized ponies as well. On the other hand, G1s are so hard to find in general  - on my side, in flea markets, I don’t find more than one for every market I do -. So, if customizing can be done on fakies and on none of the G1s, I would say this is good

What about restauring ?

Thanks to the rich website MyLittlePonyPreservationProject, I’ve learnt a lot and I am able to give a second chance to ponies but, in the process, I still try to keep them as original as possible. For example, if the hair is so trimmed such that the pony has punk hair, I will definitely rehair it. But if the pony has a scratch on the eye, I will keep it intact.

About my collection :

I will try to post a picture of my collection soon. I don’t know how many I have, but there are a few pieces I am really happy to have such as :
-   Peachy Piggy pony
-   SugarBerry from Brazil with Posey pose
-   SS Angel
-   SS Twilight

To conclude, I would like to thank every single person that has posted on this forum or anywhere else (Youtube or other websites) because even if I came lately here, all the knowledge I have – even though I still have a lot to learn - , all the restauration techniques, all the free online references guides are a precious gift that you all made to me. I am really happy and greateful ; this community is a nirvana in itself !

My Wish List ?

I have a wish list like, I guess, every collector. Here it is :

Wish list
US PONIES :
So soft Gusty
So soft lofty
So soft Wind Whistler
Twisty Tail
Mint Dream
Sweet notes
Starglow
So soft Satin 'n Lace

I am also interested in all nirvana ponies, such as :
German Nightlight
Brazilian Melody - and all Brazilian ponies !
All Spanish piggy ponies

UK ponies:
Hopscotch
Twisty Tail
Ice Crystal
Vanilla Treat
Daffodil
Starlight
Bangles

They must be in very good to perfect condition. – yes, I am kinda picky xD I do it that way such that I don’t have th buy the pony four times to get the perfect version. Of course, I am less picky for extremely rare nirvana ponies.

Thank you for having read me ! <3
Have a wonderful pony day ! :work:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:50:47 AM by Nuada »
:work: If you have any piggies for sale do not hesitate to write me a message  :frolic:

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone ! Here is my presentation and my collection to begin with !
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 08:36:25 AM »
Welcome to the arena!!  There are so many wonderful people here and we can help you with your wish list!  Check out the wanted and for sale sections  ^.^
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline Nuada

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 08:48:56 AM »
Thank you so much !
But how can I post photos ?
I wish I could do it to show my collecton :)
:work: If you have any piggies for sale do not hesitate to write me a message  :frolic:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:20:54 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :newpony:

You may also wish to post your want list in the "Wanted" forum too as some collectors go through before selling to see if there's anyone that wants particular ponies for their collection.

A lot of members used to post photos through photobucket but they've now changed their hosting agreement so I think another alternative might be Flickr?

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 12:24:08 AM »
Welcome!  :frolic: :frolic: :frolic:

Thank you so much !
But how can I post photos ?
I wish I could do it to show my collecton :)

I use imgur - it is quick and easy to set up an account!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 08:17:48 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! Sounds like you have been busy. It will be great to see pictures of your collection when you get them online!!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »
Hay there! Welcome to the arena!  I think the others summed up everything you need to know. The wanted areas and sales area will really help you with finding all those ponies. What's it like in Switzerland though? I've never been, but I hear the landscape is quite beautiful!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Nuada

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 08:07:33 AM »
Hello !
Yes I have been busy, but now I am back ! Yes, I think I will use imgur as soon as possible !

I have already bought some piggies I've dreamt of here, like Perla, so I am incredibly happy !

Switzerland is indeed really nice I think ! And I am quite lucky as I can see the Geneva Lake and the mountains from  my balcony !

Unfortunately, in terms of ponies, there aren't a lot of collectors,  and in flea markets, I mostly find G3s ; G1s are pretty rare !
If I find one at a market, I am happy ! Well, recently I've found Snuzzledrop from Macau, the Lemondrop with Snuzzle colors so sometimes I can still find something interesting :) How is it in other countries ? Are G1s abundant ?

Thank you all for the welcoming !

Offline CarolSpain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 11:06:55 AM »
What a good introduction! I enjoyed reading.

Welcome  :biggrin:
If you have pics of MIB with text in Spanish, please, share with me!

Offline Nuada

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 11:30:46 AM »
Thank you so much, I am touched and happy it has been enjoyable :) I could talk about ponies for days and days !

Offline Nuada

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 07:57:47 AM »
Here is my collection :

https://imgur.com/gallery/RYOs0

I have about 300 ponies ; And I don't think the number will get higher soon as I am Nirvana - hungry and got completely addicted to piggies  (and they are expensive, I won't have a piggy army that soon )! :3

I also looove Brazilian ponies ; I will definitely try to have more !

And maybe order the G1 inventory to finish the US "basic" catalogue.

Yes, the G1s are the only ones I am actively collecting. G3s and such, I let the flea markets surprise me :)

Thank you a lot all of you for your interest :)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 12:08:56 PM »
Holy moly that's a lot of pony! I have enough trouble trying to find space for my 30 or so ponies. How on earth do you find space for so many lovely ponies!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Nuada

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 01:57:59 PM »
I am sooo happy you enjoy seeing my collection :DD
Yes, that was the challenge actually ; I wanted to present them as a pony room because you have the illusion that you have even more when you have only one rank of ponies instead of such a dense Pony/m^2 on a table, but I had no other choice and I think it is fine like this. So it was veeeery long, but I moved all my ponies in my veranda to take theses pictures for this presentation :)

Post Merge: September 04, 2017, 02:01:58 PM

Someone here suggested me to use imgur, but isn't there something better ? or a way to avoid a side-effect problem :  Because you have to post the thing and it appears in a public area and I have troll comments such that : "it gets creepy, get your life together please. " I don't need these useless comments.

Post Merge: September 04, 2017, 02:08:27 PM

Or maybe something else than imgur . . .
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:08:27 PM by Nuada »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 02:22:52 PM »
Someone here suggested me to use imgur, but isn't there something better ? or a way to avoid a side-effect problem :  Because you have to post the thing and it appears in a public area and I have troll comments such that : "it gets creepy, get your life together please. " I don't need these useless comments.

Post Merge: September 04, 2017, 02:08:27 PM

Or maybe something else than imgur . . .

There's an option for private photos/albums on Imgur. Click where it says "public" while uploading, then click "only me". Imgur is a wonderful image hosting site as long as you never upload images to the community. Pretty much every public post seems to get troll messages and downvotes. I don't understand why anyone *wants* to use it for commenting cause the "community"'s exclusively toxic from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:24:48 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Nuada

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 02:32:24 PM »
But if it's private, you guys could still seem my stuff ?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal