collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony.. .Team Pony Sign Up  (Read 21429 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony.. .Team Pony Sign Up
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2017, 12:41:49 PM »
So, I finally got better after coughing up my lungs for the past few weeks - I was itching to go to the gym on Friday... then that morning at 2am my kid had a nightmare and screamed us all awake - I settled her down but - that was it - I couldn't get back to sleep. I took her on the school run and got home. I felt so tired and cold (frosty morning) that I went ahead and cancelled the 10am session. I know, coward that I am, I felt really angry at myself. Ah well.

I am going to try again tomorrow after the school run, I am so scared at losing my toned-up bits and don't want them to turn into "wobble" for Christmas. I am also hormonal and want to eat ALL. THE. CHOCOLATE. (even though I can normally not care for it... great timing, eh?)

You probably saw my other post - I got my grail pony, Nightglider! She's a beauty and I can't believe that she's now mine!  :inlove:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Crowning Glory - so glad these pages have been fun and a support to you! It is so nice when everyone shares their worries + gets support from the others + then get congratulations on their efforts. Oh and WELL DONE with your soup diet, the fact that your body feels different and has boosted your self esteem means that your week of sacrifice has been a success, even with the cheating!  :lol:

Stormness_1 - I feel bad not making the gym on Friday but tomorrow I will try again!

Kiwi - congrats on raising so much in your auction!  $1420.69  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: WOW!

Ponyfan - I am feeling similar to you - been off gym for a few weeks while letting my lungs recover, it feels very daunting going back for a workout - my motivation is not there, it's mostly "scare".

Pokeyonekenobie - here's hoping that the knee / hamstring recovers soon - I know it can take quite a while, try to take it easy + remember to do light warm-up / cool-down stretches to ease your muscles and not do any more harm!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2017, 03:23:24 PM »
Thanks Pokey! I was floored at what it went for - it even beat last year's. I hope your knee/leg heals up!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2017, 06:50:54 AM »
Update -

Did the school run, turned to walk home - "Oh Hello!!" a lady jumped out at me - it was the grandmother of one of the little boys in my child's class - she had flown over from Algiers (north Africa) - she gave me such a big hug and cheek-kisses, it was a lovely moment! She doesn't speak much English so we tried to understand eachother with simple French - she was over last summer to help care for her grandkids and did not get to mix with the other English mums (she dresses in black abaya robe with a veil and is quite shy) but we would end up chatting and struck up a friendship - what a warm hearted lady she is, it made me smile and walk with a spring in my step as I went home! Just goes to show a little smile can make someone's day  :)

:happy:

Gym went very well!

I was dreading going in as I was anxious at how rubbish I would be - but hey, I got my butt in through the door! Had a quick chat with the coaches to let them know my bronchial illness/recovery situation.

I certainly built up a sweat - especially as one of the workouts was 7 deadlifts, 45 seconds skipping (a killer for me) 15 pull-up rows on the suspended rings, then another 45 sec skip - aaaand repeat everything a further 2 times... to all be done within 13 minutes (did mine in 10m 30s! Yay!)

The skipping really got me tired quickly - well, at least it is a benchmark of (lack of) fitness level for me to work on improving. The coaches and other exercisers were really kind and helpful. A small class of 7 - I think 10am is a good time to go! One coach reminded me of Yoda, he walked around with a wooden stick and tapped bits of your body to make you improve your posture e.g. shoulders, back. By the end of the session I had improved my "snatch" - where you lift weights above your head and bend your knees like a traditional strong-man.

:frolic:

REWARDS:

Afterwards, I popped to the shops to buy healthy lunch (wholemeal thinly-sliced bread, fresh tomato, onion, sliced pickled gherkins, mild mustard, pastrami slices - made some lovely open-top sandwiches!) then had a look in the charity shops - buying 3 posh dresses for Christmas!

One of them was a HUGE vanity purchase - after years of hiding my upper arms, all this weight training has helped to tone them up - I now wanna show them off LOL!  :lol: so one of the dresses has a black velvet, closed halterneck that meets at a pewter sequinned collar - it is floor-lentgh, chest area is fully covered, arms and back are exposed... but in a classy way. I just need to find some special chest underwear for it hehe. A wardrobe malfunction here would be...  :shocked:

The other is a square-neck, knee-length, black dress in the style of a Roland Mouret Galaxy dress (google it) it is very complimentary to the female form as it has a tiny peplum detail at a slant above the hip.

The final dress was a red patterned one from Laura Ashley - it is a faux wrap-over style and seems to cling in all the right places.  :P I think it would look great worn on Christmas day or a smart business lunch.

The thing is - if I had gone in needing to buy a dress, I would never have found them. If I randomly go into a shop then I will find something!  :lol:

So, will see if I am up for a repeat performance at the gym tomorrow - by waiting until after the school run I can decide if I want to sign up or not, no pressure unlike if I sign up the night before and then cannot get to sleep  :lol:

Oops, turned into an essay again - sorry!  :blush:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2017, 09:16:52 AM »
Congrats Kiwi on your Desert Bus entry going for so much. :) Pokeyonekenobie
 I hope your knee and leg feel better soon. I have trouble from time to time with one of my calf muscles because I pulled it and it was healing and then I accidentally injured it again.

Glitterball, major congrats on completing your workout and in your new pony and clothes.

I walked several times around the mall today and yesterday but my motivation is still lacking. :( I think it’s because real life has a lot of drama right now and I’ve been feeling a little down as well.

I enjoy the support here too and don’t want to see it end at the end of healthy pony.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2017, 11:12:04 AM »
I enjoy the support here too and don’t want to see it end at the end of healthy pony.

We can't end Healthy Pony!  :cry:
Maybe we can extend it to Christmas and New Year?
Are we allowed to?

I am worried about some folks being too scared to relax and enjoy themselves over the festive time - then get depressed in the new year that they have put on a few pounds - I think kindness + encouragement in January would be valuable!

Just my opinion  :lol:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »
I will keep this forum going until Jan if you want:) i get verry little time to post but i will:) anyone else can stay on until i start the Jan healthy pony:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2017, 03:49:12 PM »
I really appreciate healthy pony, but I don't get much time to post iether.  I just finished a job application at 11.45pm and I'm just checking in quickly.  Got to find my next job before my current contract runs out in March and I'm really hoping to secure something before Christmas.

I've been to Yoga twice recently and fully plan to continue so that's good. It's a shceme at work and it only costs £5 with my favourite teacher.  What could be easier.  I'm still cycling for 1/2 an hour per day to get to work and have cut down smoking. I need to cut down another step soon.  I am keeping up with therapy and have been keeping in touch with my parents.  These things are good. I put on a bit too much weight recently but it's coming off again, back to a 32" waist.

Sending lots of good wishes to you all.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »
It sounds like you are making good progress Artemesia Floc.  :)

For some reason I didn’t realize we would be doing healthy pony in Jan.   :blush: I’ve had a lot of stress at home lately and it’s starting to build up.

Ponyfan

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »
Everyone loves Healthy Pony :)

Glitter - I want to see pics of these dresses, they sound gorgeous.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2017, 11:02:47 PM »
I will keep this forum going until Jan if you want:) i get verry little time to post but i will:) anyone else can stay on until i start the Jan healthy pony:)

Yaay!
So the plan is to carry on until a brand-new HP to start in January 2018? Sounds great to me!  :cheer:

Artemesia Floc - great to hear that taking these steps has helped you cut down on smoking and that your cycling and yoga is happening! Good luck with the waist reduction, I still have my little post-caesarian pot-belly that has gone down but still wobbles at me in the mirror  :lol:

Ponyfan - it is that stressful time of year too - all the rush for year-end / Christmas / new year. Add that to normal life + it makes for trying times  :hug: hang in there! 

Kiwi - I will try and post pics of those dresses - just before I launder them today  :)

- - - - - - - - - -

So, I am up this morning with slightly stiff hamstrings - only slightly - which reflects the results of my exercise after about a month off!  :lol: I will do some gentle stretches later + the creakiness should fade... thought about going again today but will give myself 48 hours so that I can easy my sorry body into this again  :P

Wednesday - Budget Day in the UK - I will be interested to see what happens especially if it has any relevance to property selling/buying. The UK Tax year cycles from April so I need to make some calculated decisions about when to buy/sell... 2018 is the year when we get our bigger house! There, I have said it! It has to be done now LOL! 

Granny's house is still on the market with lots of viewings but no bites - agent feedback says the price is too high *sigh* well, the house has got to be sold, I think today I will instruct them to reduce the asking price... no choice really  :( as we still have to pay bills for this empty house. I may go in face-to-face rather than via telephone for this task.  Still have furniture junk left to clear from the garage, but all in good time.   

ok, busy day planned for me... first the school run to attend to...  :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2017, 12:52:49 PM »
Glitterball., I hope your hamstrings feel better soon. I also hope you get a fair price for the house.

I walked 3 laps around the mall today but overate at lunch.

I am trying a motivation jar. I get one marble for each lap and one also for each working day as I am on my feet a lot when I'm at work.  Maybe seeing my efforts build up will help.

Ponyfan

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2017, 11:39:27 PM »
Oh my gosh I am so bad at posting!!!

Glitterball, I hope you feel better after your stretches, I actually love that slightly stiff feeling, because it reminds me that I didn't wimp out, and I pushed through my tiredness. It makes me feel kinda proud - and I'm hoping you feel that way too, because you should, you did awesome!

Ponyfan, you always have awesome ideas. I think I need to try something like that, a visual reminder of how hard I've been working, or of how much I've slacked off. A motivation jar is an amazing idea... but where to put it?! I really hope it works well for you, you seem to be doing really well. Portion sizes are tough, but you'll get there. It's a hard habit to break!

Artemesia Floc you sound like you're doing AMAZING. Like seriously, you got this. I honestly am a little jealous! Yoga, cycling, cutting down smoking, therapy, resolving to keep in contact with your family? That's awesome. Heck, I don't have any of that stuff nearly as organised! (I don't smoke, but I do have a caffeine addiction I'm pretending is totally fine!) Your resolve sounds seriously hardcore!

Crowning Glory, our fearless leader - you are amazing to keep this going for us! I know I've probably neglected this thread as much as anyone, but we do love it and appreciate you, I positively swear - Cross my heart and hope to die, put a cupcake in my eye!

As for me, I'm about to pop off and have a nap. I worked really hard today, and I think my sleep disorder has reared it's ugly head again, because I didn't feel rested at all this morning, and I've been yawning all afternoon. Also, hubby struggled to wake up this morning, and he's the proverbial early bird. For him to still be tired means I probably got up a few times in the night, keeping him from getting any really proper restful sleep. I have an afternoon shift tomorrow, so I can take my medication tonight and we can both get some proper rest. I did do a touch of shopping on foot after work today, and did my horrendous uphill walk home at a very brisk walk, so I was knackered when I got home.

Ooh that reminds me, I have to call the PO, as I found my bank letter two doors up from my house on the footpath when I walked home. (Thank god I did!) Our postie is useless, which is why we fork over a ridiculous amount of money for a PO box, but you know banks, they won't send to anything other than and actual address. Urgh. Just last month I had a parcel shoved into our mailbox and damaged (I warned the seller that the PO box was the best option, and he assured me he'd re-ship a new one if it was damaged... maybe listen to your buyer?!), and our neighbour had medical documents damaged from him shoving them into her box with a bunch of other stuff all at once. She had to pay to get them re-sent! Not to mention parcels being thrown over fences and broken, and other horror stories. This guy is the most useless postie that ever lived. So off I go to complain yet again... I used to feel bad complaining about him, until I realised it wasn't just a once in a while thing - he treats everyone's stuff like crap, all of the time.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »
Today is the USA holiday Thanksgiving. So I take the moment to thank you all for your understanding as I post little and not have much time to read. I am power knitting to finish a hat tonight:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »
Have a great time powerknitting, Crowning_Glory13!  :accomplished:

Stormness_1, hope the sleep issue resolves itself, the only "tip" I heard, that supposedly works, is forcing yourself to get up at very-early-o'clock for a few days in a row - and it is supposed to help re-set your body clock.  :relaxed: 
I hope that you get a positive result from your postie complaint! He sounds dreadful!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »
Stormness !, I am so happy to hear that I inspired you to make your own motivation jar :) I got the idea from my mom and thought it might help me too. It's a pretty large jar when you consider how small the marbles are so I might let myself get a reward at the halfway point as well as when the jar is full.

I hope you are able to better service from your postman and I hope you get some rest tonight, I sometimes fall asleep during the day when I don't intend to and have trouble sleeping at night. It makes it hard to function during the day.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal