collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony.. .Team Pony Sign Up  (Read 21814 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony.. .Team Pony Sign Up
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2017, 04:18:13 PM »
Counted up my steps for the last week and I walked 47 miles.  Woo!  I need to get better about my eating again.  My brother recommended an app that I think was called My Fitness Pal.  He said it works really well.  I should probably get a phone that I can use apps on so that I can try it.  :P

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2017, 05:35:34 PM »
Well, as the 1st post on page 10...i really can't give you a phone:p hahaha.

So send me a pm with your adress, or pm me with someone you would like me to send to, as you my dear, pokeyonekenobie is the winner of first post on page 10!!!!!!!!

Congrats pokeyonekenobie!!!

Next team challenge is to 15 pages. WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Time to get posting:) we do have until November:)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:37:12 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2017, 05:45:59 PM »
I hope you feel better soon, Crowing Glory. Congrats Pokeyonekenobe on all of your miles walked and on winning the page 10 prize. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2017, 07:58:32 PM »
Congrats everyone on getting so much done! Everyone is doing awesome this week!

Get better Crowning Glory - I hope you ace your audition!

Everyone wish me luck - I have a job interview tomorrow! Eeeeek!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2017, 11:19:34 PM »
Stormness_1 - sending good vibes to you for a successful interview - remember, it;s about YOU interviewing THEM, too!  :biggrin:

Congrats pokeyonekenobie on being the 10th page poster! 47 miles?!?!? Just. Wow.  :dropjaw: yes, My Fitness Pal is awesome - have been using it for over 2 months now, it is FREE and has motivated me to diarise EVERYTHING that I eat (get scales to weigh your food at the start, I know it is tedious BUT it really shows you how big a portion of food you are eating!) Also - any exercise that you do can off-set your calories and gives you more to eat (handy if you have a  nice meal planned!)

Crowning_Glory13 - keep on singing, you will breeze through that audition! That fair sounds amazing - did you dress up for it?

Kikwifluff - some great artwork there!  :art: :accomplished: and yes, you must feel proud of yourself!

Ponyfan - hoping your respiratory illness gets better soon - that last thing you feel like doing is being super-great at healthy stuff when you body just needs time-out to heal!

Kiwi - I am the same - I seem to be living in my sports shoes recently (I haven't worn a heel in months!) it just means I am prepared for unexpected walks (like when I was locked out of my house last week and had to jog to school with my girl to get there on time!  :lol: )

As for me - spent yesterday at my parents' as a doctor was doing a home-visit/assessment for my Mum's mobility (she has pinched nerves in her spine that makes walking painful in her hip/back region) Mum wanted me there for some girly support  ;) while waiting for the doc, I slow-cooked a huge pot of bacon/lentil/barley/veggie soup, at the request of my husband - the house smelled good  :lol:

Earlier in the weekend - had a big Sunday blow-out with our Italian family feast, I think I had a little bit too much cheese so was too chicken to weigh myself yesterday...  :blush: will do so next week  :P

Today - back to the old house to continue clearing junk + breaking-up rotten, damp furniture; such a shame it is in poor condition as in its day it was decent stuff and I would have gladly donated it to a needy cause; Also - NEW GYM tonight - aarrgh so excited and nervous, too! Just hope my sore elbow behaves itself, will tell the coaches tonight so that I use very light weights just to demonstrate my form (body positions) rather than doing actual strength training. I have a new, orange support sleeve for it so it will be a visual reminder to the coaches, too!  :lol:

Still feeling happy at my free hair-cut yesterday (as written about in the What Makes You Smile thread)  will have to wear a hat to stop cobwebs getting stuck in it today!  :lol: :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2017, 10:34:18 AM »
Stormness 1, I hope the interview went well. Glitterball how did the first night at the new gym go? Thank you for the get well wishes I am better but struggle with asthma often and the weather has been damp and rainy the worst kind of weather for my asthma.

I've already eaten a lot of fast food today. *sighs*

Ponyfan

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2017, 01:16:54 PM »
Oh dear, Ponyfan, that damp weather can't be fun for you  :( hoping some light winds blow away the rainclouds and give you a little sunshine!

I came back from my new gym an hour ago (late session, was 7pm-8pm) there were just the two of us doing the first part of a three-part "Foundation" course (they show you all the moves that they intend for you to do). It was fun because the coach was really friendly and helpful - I have tight muscles in my shoulders and he noticed this when I did a front-squat lift with my barbell - he showed me some little exercises to help loosen these muscles a bit more.

Part two tomorrow night and part three the night after! Then they will ask us if we want to join  :lol: I intend to as I would love to increase my fitness and learn more exercises to help stretch my non-stretchy bits  :lol: bumped into my friend again so it was good to see a familiar face.

I have been RAVENOUS today... I wonder if I am hormonal, it is so difficult to predict with my PCOS and irregular "aunt Flo". I munched on a few naughties and felt ashamed as I logged them in my MFP food diary, but my exercises and earlier work clearing the junk at the old house earned me just enough calories to break-even  ;)

Tomorrow - recycling lots of old cardboard, removing two sections of yucky, wet carpet and breaking-up 3 large, rotten, wooden pieces of furniture. The bonus is that all this stuff is damp + dirty so I will be filthy by the time I'm done!  At least the soggy sofa has been dealt with today, can hardly believe I managed to break it into small enough pieces to put in my car!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2017, 03:07:23 PM »
Jeez I have missed so much!
Pokey-47 miles?! Huzzah!
Glitterball-sounds like you are working hard! The house you are cleaning, is it your old house? Seems lime a lot of work!
CG-feel better!
Stormness-how did the interview go?

I have been unsuccessful the last few days in the water department. I don't know why, but I seem to peter out at the last bottle and a half I am trying to drink. I have been getting my PT in about 75% of the time. I went back today and found out that I have 3 herniated discs and arthritis on the last three levels of my spine-S1, L5'and L4. So, they started me on traction twice a week and betamethasone TENS for the pain. I hope it stops here! I can't take this anymore!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2017, 07:20:30 PM »
I ended up eating more fast today. *deep sigh*

Congrats on a successful first night at the new gym glitterball. Nessa16 I hope you don't have to do traction twice a week for long. I should drink more water but sometimes I don't want water even though I know I should.

Ponyfan

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2017, 11:34:59 PM »
Glitterball-sounds like you are working hard! The house you are cleaning, is it your old house? Seems lime a lot of work!
It was my Granny's. As a WW2 veteran, she immigrated to the UK with nothing - then worked hard to pass her exams and build up a career in psychiatric nursing + teaching; she had gone through so much in life, which in turn left her as a bit of a hoarder - she threw nothing away, even when it decayed... so lots of stuff for me to sort through before I dump it (little boxes of money, jewellery hidden about etc) It has taught me to *try* to live a more simple, less cluttered life (very difficult!)

I have been unsuccessful the last few days in the water department. I don't know why, but I seem to peter out at the last bottle and a half I am trying to drink. I have been getting my PT in about 75% of the time. I went back today and found out that I have 3 herniated discs and arthritis on the last three levels of my spine-S1, L5'and L4. So, they started me on traction twice a week and betamethasone TENS for the pain. I hope it stops here! I can't take this anymore!

Oh no, back problems really are awful - I had a problem after giving birth and could not walk or rise out of bed due to the pain - it would take me 20 minutes to slowly angle myself in order to hobble to the bathroom! I hope the traction works to straighten-out the spine and pull-back the herniated bits. Are those the electric pulsing TENS pads that you are talking about, like the ones that some pregnant ladies use during birthing?

Water tip - it is such a chore to drink water but I have found a way to drink it that, for me, works well:
morning routine -
boil some water,
then fill a large glass 3/4 full of room-temperature cold water (I have a 300ml glass)
top off with the boiled water
stir and drink
repeat (if your tummy can take it!)

being warm, I find the water goes down quicker  :lol: and split over two 300ml glasses I have one just before breakfast (with my Metformin + vitamins) then one after my porridge. If I am about to go to the gym I have an extra glass, but I need to be near a bathroom later as, well, all that water... I just find cold water less easy to drink, having it warm has helped me so much!

Ponyfan - don't feel bad over eating the fast food - how about preparing a big pot of cooked veggies (not potato!) and challenging yourself to fill your plate 50% veggies against what else you eat? Even if the rest is fast food, the veggie bit will give you a psychological feeling of smugness and will go a little way to getting back to healthier eating? It is what I do when my husband decides to get fried chicken, I boil some cauliflower and broccoli and plough through that so I feel a bit less bad about eating the take-out.  :biggrin: :biggrin: oh, substitute your soda for a warm water if you are feeling virtuous!

Stormness - how was the interview? Did they live up to YOUR expectations? Is it a place that YOU would choose to go to?

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2017, 06:49:09 AM »
Thanks for all the well wishes guys, pretty sure I aced it - as they checked my references a couple of hours afterwards, which is a really good sign! I've worked for the company before, but at a different location, and I liked it there. This location is re-organising the whole department, so there's a new hierarchy being put in place, and it might be a couple of weeks before I hear back. I'm pretty optimistic though, they were ticking and writing lots of notes, and along with the ref checks, it doesn't seem like a huge stretch to have a little hope. The job is a little different to what I've done before, but it sounds pretty easy tbh, and the pay is pretty generous company-wide as a rule. I was earning several dollars per hour over the award for my position the last time I worked for them, and it's something they pride themselves on pretty publicly. It'll be nice not to have to worry so much about money if I get back in and get a decent schedule!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »
I did something to my ankle but I'm not sure what.  Yesterday it just felt like it needed to pop but today it hurts!  :cry: I think I may have sprained it in my sleep.  Super sucks trying to get around on it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2017, 12:53:47 PM »
I hope you get the job Stormness. Thanks for the veggie tip glitterball. I'm usually much better about not eating so much fast food but it's been an unusual week for me and fast food is easy and coveinent right now. Pokeyonekenobie I'm so sorry about your ankle.   
I walked 2 and 1/2 laps around the mall. Crowning Glory how are you doing on points for your MLP watch.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:59:38 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2017, 06:06:38 PM »
Sorry for the bit of quietness. Still fighting my cold:( I might have to postpone my audition. I hope not to, but I still can hardly talk let alone sing. I have felt better towards the afternoon, but it's only 8:00 and I am exhausted. I am working on a complicated knit project so tiredness will only cause problems. No work out. I taught my piano lesson today so, 1 point for that. I did not do much demonstrating to get more points. On the most part I had a good birthday
:) its really neat the arena send you a pm. Did nothing special just work and home:) the preschool class sang to me, so that was awesome. So only 64/100.

I might be revamping my process to my goals. I gave advice to a friend about breaking your goals into tiny pieces to reach the goal, but that will take some thinking for another post, but it could help me feel more motivated.

Great to hear interview went well:)

So many great stories, I love to see/read all the posts:)

We all have a booboo moment. Eating more food in a day, bad food in n a day low water...it happens with or without reason, but like a kid it's just a booboo. It last 30secs and you forget and move on to that you across the room:) so kids the booboo and feel better:) yup been working in child care too long:)

Hope to you all to keep these good post coming...on to page 15!!!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2017, 03:52:25 AM »
Everyone is doing so well keeping at their goals, even with hiccups along the way.
Make sure you rest CG, that's the best you can do for your body right now, stress won't help heal.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal