collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony.. .Team Pony Sign Up  (Read 21825 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony.. .Team Pony Sign Up
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2017, 04:03:05 PM »
I updated during the week, so I wasn't too stressed about not updating yesterday, it was international stillborn and infant death support day (the 15th here, probably still is today for some around the world), so we went to a local event and released butterflies in our son's name. We also participated in the wave of hope, where you light a candle at 7pm, and leave it to burn for at least an hour, so that there are candles burning continuously across the world for our babies. Our city also lit up one of the bridges to participate in the event, so that was really beautiful! It also marked 6 months since he was born, so it was a pretty tough day, but it felt right to celebrate the love he brought into our lives.

In other goal-related news, I walked heaps on Friday, I had to do a whole bunch of errands, and then meet hubby on the other side of the city in the afternoon, so lots of walking for trains, etc. I walked most of the day! We also helped set up for the event on Sunday, so I was running up and down the stairs packing the van all morning. Got a little puffed, but not tired, so my fitness is definitely improving! I was super stoked to realize that, as even when I was thin, I was never very fit unless I trained! I've noticed a few subtle changes in my body too, places where I used to have fat but don't, or have noticeably less. Those little realizations feel really amazing, and it helps me to keep going, seeing the progress I've made.

Sorry to hear about your knee, Crowning Glory, but glad to hear you're singing again!

Congrats on the fundraiser Pokeyonekenobie!

Glitterball, you sound like you're an amazing cook. I do cook sometimes, but I seriously suck! Lately I've been microwaving lots because I've been lazy.. Microwave omelets are pretty awesome though, and it's been a good way to use my leftovers for breakfasts, and to add calcium into my diet now that I don't have milk in my tea anymore.

Keep going everyone, we can do this!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2017, 05:50:17 PM »
Sounds so beautiful. Got to see the my little pony movie. I enjoyed it, but not a huge fan of the animation design of the ponies, but enjoyed it:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2017, 09:29:31 PM »
Stormness_1, what a beautiful celebration! It must have been such an emotional yet uplifting day for you  :heart: :heart: :heart:

Regarding noticing the little, positive changes in health: what a boost to your confidence when you realise that you have just done something that previously would have left you too tired! Going to the gym has certainly helped me this year achieve most of my manual-labour tasks with house-stuff and garden-clearance. It has been ages since I have been able to spend days at a time working hard - then waking up next day with my back feeling fine; I used to be in so much pain but a stronger core + squatting when lifting heavy things has helped me stay mobile  ;)

Dinner was a success yesterday - my Dad is my harshest critic and even he said that the food was very nice! Eek, but the amount of fat and sugar in the recipes... I know it was split over 8 servings, but oh my...  :blink: my goal this week is to stay on track and work off any calories that have crept on me yesterday.

4 weeks until my hospital PCOS checkup at the diabetes clinic (I am not diabetic, it is just that some PCOS issues are linked to insulin levels etc) so I am already 1 stone lighter (14 pounds) than my last checkup 6 months ago... I wonder if I can drop a couple more pounds by then? My new gym is great for technical strength workouts but I am doing far less cardio than my old gym - I kind of miss it as it helped burn the calories a bit faster!  :lol:

Crowning_Glory13 - I will be taking my girl to see this soon - we have half-term school vacation at the end of this week  :cool:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:32:41 PM by glitterball »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2017, 06:40:27 AM »
Such a touching and meaningful  ceremony. 

I agree. Glitterball sounds like a great cook. I can only cook things that can be boiled or put in a microwave.

I've noticed my stamina is better since I started walking regularly. I still get tired but not as easily and can walk faster than I used to. My new pedometer is on and I'm excited to see how many steps I can get throughout the day.

Crowiing Glory, I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I have to wait for the DVD to come out.

Edit: According to my new pedometer, I walked 4 miles today and got over 8,000 steps.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:13:09 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2017, 06:31:39 AM »
Thank you for all the encouraging comments lovely people, I'm sorry I had written personal replies to everyone but next time I logged in the post had disappeared.  Maybe it's one of those ones where I wrote something and forgot to hit :post:  :huh: I've had problems logging in a lot lately as well and now I've completely lost track. 

I am thinking of you all and wishing I had something more positive to report.  I have had pretty bad anxiety since the guy left and also some sort of viral bug that is making me either really tired or really manic/anxious. I keep wanting to smoke and not having the energy to go out running. I can't do much cardio until I cut down smoking because it makes me feel wheezy.  I so need to quit! My idea of simplifying my life to reduce stress has just gone out of the window again since I'll have to get back on the band wagon with regards to job hunting. I can't believe how quickly the last 7 months have gone since I started my current one year contract.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 18, 2017, 11:11:00 AM »
Don’t give up Artemesia Floc.

I feel like I am still in my slump. I’m having respitory issues again and I’ve lost my motivation to eat healthy foods instead of overeating junk.  :sad: :sad:

On the positive side, I am still walking. My pedometer says I walked  over 10,000 steps and 5 miles today.

Ponyfan

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2017, 02:19:23 PM »
Don’t give up Artemesia Floc.

I feel like I am still in my slump. I’m having respitory issues again and I’ve lost my motivation to eat healthy foods instead of overeating junk.  :sad: :sad:

On the positive side, I am still walking. My pedometer says I walked  over 10,000 steps and 5 miles today.

Ponyfan

Thank you, I needed that.  Just spent the evening updating my CV.

Well done on all the walking! 5 miles is pretty impressive!  Have you thought of trying a few squats and arm/leg raises first thing in the morning? It's the only thing I've been managing to keep going. If you start to see results from the exercise you might be more motivated to eat better as well.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2017, 12:04:13 PM »
I haven’t tried exercising in the mornings but that is a good idea. :) I walked 4 miles today and ate a smaller meal at lunch.

Ponyfan

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2017, 07:09:36 AM »
Artemesia Floc - so much going on for you at the moment, it is no wonder that trying to give up smoking is so hard right now  :hug:

Ponyfan - great walking!

Well, this week started off ok-ish - at the gym on Monday I started to get a sneezy nose and by the end of the session I had a runny nose + sore throat. Coughing later into the week, I cancelled my other sessions as there is no point in stressing my body because it needs to heal before I give it a beasting ;) also my eye is really irritated at the mo' it feels like there is an eyelash tickling my eyeball but nothing there... I guess I must have scratched it somewhere...  if it does not clear up by itself in the next few days I will get it checked out... so I have been drinking copious cups of hot tea to keep up with the fluids but not being strictly accurate with food logging - meh, I'm ill, lol!

No school today (teacher training thingo) so I took milady to see the mlp movie this morning!  :happy: a nice Rainbow song sung at the end by Sia  ;) gah, the pick-n-mix sweeties bag was too tempting for me - I munched some naughty junk but I only bought a small bag so... damage limitation...  :lol: 

Right, must entertain milady some more... either a trip out or some messy craft, decisions, decisions...

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »
Im sorry you’re not feeling well glitterball. I hope you feel better soon. Don’t feel too bad about eating the pick-n-mix sweeties bag.  :hug: I think it’s important to allow yourself a  treat every once in a while.

My motivation still needs work. I ordered a double hamburger last night and the restaurant got my order wrong and gave me a double hamburger with some kind of sauce on it, but I left part of the bun and a few of the fires.

Ponyfan

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 21, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »
Illness is definitely contagious via internet. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and the sneezes!

I probably got it on my first day of work. Urgh. I had to shadow someone on Thursday, I'm not working in that section, they just had me in to get the lay of the land before I actually start, and a general idea of duties and what happens where, but a lot of things will be different come next month anyway. I'm back at work on Mon/Tues to set up our new area, where I'll be working, and then I have the official orientation on Thurs. On Friday we're headed to the Gold Coast for our anniversary weekend, back to tradition after last year's grand adventure. 6 years of marriage has gone by so quickly, I can hardly believe it's been that long. So I won't be online next weekend, I'll be hanging out with hubby at the beach. Back home on Monday, ready to actually start my new job.

This week I gave myself a 5/5. I walked sooo much at work, but I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be.. which means my workouts are doing far better than I thought they were, and that makes me so unbelievably happy. But I have to keep working at it, and I have been. So proud of myself, keeping going, even when I have to cram it in in spare moments. Squats in the hallway or a few stair runs while waiting for hubby to put his shoes on to go shopping, a few high leg lifts while I wait for my computer to boot. Stretching while I wait for my train. Little things, but I feel better than I have in a long time. Healthy eating is the hardest, especially going back to work. There's no cafeteria, so I'm having to prep healthy stuff, and that's so hard! Last week I took the unhealthiest sandwich ever, and at present I have no idea what to take tomorrow... I'm thinking sandwich again, but maybe a healthier filling? I'm thinking to keep the carbs until I get a bit more used to such hard work again. This week coming I'm going to be moving furniture, so I'm gonna need the energy for sure, and I'll take something much lighter Thursday, as orientation should technically only be a theoretical day, sitting on my backside, so maybe some fruit.

Guys don't worry about slip-ups, they're gonna happen! As long as you recognize what you did, and it helps you to make better choices next time, you're getting somewhere. We're all on our own journey, but we're all here for each other. Let's do this!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #251 on: October 22, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »
Sorry it has been awhile. And sorry I haven’t had a chance to read anyone’s post. So both my husband and I have to get a second job to pay for my surgery back in Aug. so I have pretty much been working. I will try and post when I can. Husband says we might be ok with seasonal and go to 15-13 hours after the holiday. So that makes me feel a bit better. Felt like I was sinking. Still working on selling stuff to make that I don’t have to keep working 2 jobs. So I am revamping my goals to fit my time.

1. No extra food!!! I tend to eat all my lunch and then extra food with my daycare kids. So need to stop doing that.
2. Working out when I can. If I work a 12 hour day that is a work out. If I only work an 8 hour day I need to work out.
3. Play piano when I can. I do have 1 song for my recital ready, so I might only do one song. Or find a simpler song.
4. Knit. I am almost finished with my gift for an October 31st birthday. Then I have 3 projects to get done before the Friday after Thanksgiving.
5. Prizes sent out. I am going to wait till we get to page 25 winner and ship at the same time:)

Thanks for understanding and have a good week.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #252 on: October 22, 2017, 01:32:57 PM »
Funnily enough...

Glitterball i think I have the same cold as you.  I also have an itchy eye as well! It's the left one  :blink: I have been surviving on lemsip and haribo, oops.

Ponyfan I ordered a burger last night and the burger arrived correctly but I also left my bun and most of the fries.

Stormness well done on the exercise and have fun at the beach :)

Crowning Glory I'm sorry you're both having to work so many hours. I do admire you.

I just had a fairly nice weekend but not very healthy.  With this runny nose cold arriving I just haven't focussed much on health goals. I did apply for a job though. Also following a couple of fairly careful dates my BF and I are back together and he took me to see his sister play a gig last night.  She sings in a rock band and they were very good.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:52:33 PM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 23, 2017, 12:21:17 AM »
OMG I felt awful last night - spent a lovely day lunching with friends... was about to go for a dog walk with them afterwards but I felt a bit ill - my joints in my neck, back, knees, ankles etc were all achey and stiff and I felt really, really cold :(

I left my husband and child with them and went home - then the shivers started. 3 blankets later and curled up in a ball (had my laptop as company, lol) they soon returned home and left me to shake in my nest on the sofa. I knew my body was trying to fight some sort of fever + that I just had to bear it out.

I crawled up to bed early, my head was pounding + I could hear the blood flow through my ears  :blink: but I eventually fell asleep, only to wake up again feeling too hot (aha, the fever had broken!) I have been up early today, had breakfast etc but still have the headache; I shall have some water in a mo' to hydrate myself a bit more. NO GYM TODAY lol! I will try not to eat comfort food either, if I can handle it, I will pop to a quiet supermarket + get some healthy option ready meals as NO WAY am I in the mood for noisy cooking today!

Marks + Spencers do good meals and their store is nice + quiet, I shall go there after dropping off my kid at half-term school camp.

==================

Artemesia Floc, I hope your cold doesn't give you the shivers! Good to hear you had fun at the gig, wishing you luck with the job application!  :)

Crowning_Glory13, you are so busy at the moment, I hope things work out for you job-wise and that the bill from August gets paid off quickly. It must be really stressful for you.  :(

Stormness_1 - great to hear that you are noticing that your workouts are having a positive impact on your health! Every little bit helps!

Ponyfan - ah, pesky restaurants getting things wrong! Trying to sabotage your healthier choices! Reminds me of my Mum - she will prepare something "healthy" then smother it in butter or oil or cheese...   :brow:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 23, 2017, 08:33:39 AM »
To everyone with a cold:
Pineapple Juice
Pineapple Juice
Pineapple Juice
And did I mention Pineapple Juice?

I swear it works wonders and will cut your sniffle time in half!  (Plus it's delicious!)  I just get mine in the juice aisle.  A 2-quart bottle usually costs less than $4.  I find if I can drink the whole thing over the course of 3-4 days (or faster sometimes because it's delicious!) then my colds go away.  If I even think I'm getting a cold I'll grab some juice to have on hand because the sooner you catch it, the better it works.

I cannot stress this enough!

:pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:  Pineapple Juice  :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:

:P  In all seriousness, I hope everyone starts to feel better soon.  Being sick isn't fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal