collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Big Birthday Brag (long and pic heavy)  (Read 1575 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Big Birthday Brag (long and pic heavy)
« on: August 12, 2017, 07:17:35 PM »
My birthday was on the 9th, and I picked out a bunch of ponies for it! I got $100 in total from grandparents, and then I was also allowed to have a few extra things with my parents' money. :P

The first thing I got was the singing Songbird Serenade from Target, on my birthday:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She has two short song clips. I look forward to hearing the full version of this song, without all the awful audio compression this toy has. Wish we could get some pony toys with good audio for a change. Her tail hole is pretty large compared to the metal piece holding her tail, so it can come out easily. I was brushing it and pulled on it a little and it popped out, but it's super easy to put back in. While it wouldn't be too much of a problem for collectors such as myself and most people here, I can easily imagine this leading to a kid losing the tail... My Songbird also has a couple marks on her from the factory that will not come off. One on each wing (on the inside of them, so they aren't visible), and another to the top and left of her cutie mark button. Since it's on her display side I have her displayed with her wing positioned to where you can't see the mark as well. Her tail also feels a little greasy, even after conditioning it. Perhaps I'll try again later.

Flaws aside, she's very cute! I love her cute little jacket (which is removable though I'm too used to it on that she looks weird without it to me!) and her design. I really love that her bow lights up when she sings. I look forward to whenever the normal sized toy of her comes out, I want to get all the merch of her now (and I don't even listen to Sia, though perhaps I should look up more of her stuff beyond her hits sometime).

At the same Target trip my mom let me pick out a birthday card, of course I picked a pony one. They had three pony ones there but this one was my favorite of them.

I'm not usually a fan of cards with glitter like this, but the popup feature completely makes up for it.

I also got one of the double packs of the Series 4 trading cards that came with a bonus foil card:

They only had the ones with the foil Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, I chose Fluttershy (I want to get the Twilight one sometime...). I love how they have some cards drawn by fans, that's super cute!

Then the next day (the 10th) I went to Toys R Us and got the big exclusive Party Friends set:

Individual photos here.

I like the unique tinsel they used here for the Mane 6. It's so different from the normal tinsel ponies have, and instead of being among normal hair, the parts on these with the tinsel are exclusively tinsel. It alternates between the tinsel and the normal hair. My favorite of these tinsel Mane 6 is probably Rarity, I love the silver tinsel and clear glitter they used so much.

The other 6 are normal ponies. Like other people I'm a little confused by the combination of Twilight and Muffins, and Fluttershy and DJ Pon-3, but it's nice to have both of them in G4.5 form. I never ended up getting the Muffins brushable from G4 so I'm happy to have this one. My favorite of these 6 is Coco Pommel, I love her colors!

All of the ponies in this set have such silky soft hair, and it doesn't at all seem greasy!

Yesterday I went to Walmart planning on just seeing what Movie toys they had without buying anything, but I couldn't resist buying the Seapony Twilight:

The pearlized look her body has is absolutely beautiful. I am a sucker for pearlized ponies. I love how they give the winged ponies fin wings in seapony form. I look forward to eventually getting the Rarity and Applejack too.

On the downside though, her hair is frizzy. I have a feeling hair frizziness is coming from the way they have their hair packaged, with those plastic things you pull apart. All of my recent ponies I've got whose hair was packaged like that is frizzy. Meanwhile the TRU set have nice silky hair, likely because their hair was not packaged with those awful plastic things, and instead with rubber bands.

Then just today, the GoH Fan Series Discord I had my dad order from Amazon arrived (he was ordered Thursday night, so it took two days to arrive):

The only flaw I have noticed with this is that there's some white paint above his right eyebrow which shouldn't be there. Aside from that he seems to be perfect.

And finally, I just got back from Sally's Beauty Supply to get the Songbird Serenade nail polish:

I plan on putting some on tomorrow, it's been quite a while since I've worn nail polish!

That's everything for now! Then when the Songbird Serenade BAB plush comes out I'll be getting that as a later birthday present.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Big Birthday Brag (long and pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »
Happy birthday! And my gosh you got the discord GoH! Excuse me while I stare in awe. They weren't lying! They actually made a discord figure! My prayers have been answered! Looks like someone had a very lovely birthday! Hold on...PARTY CANNON!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:35:42 PM »
Happy birthday! And my gosh you got the discord GoH! Excuse me while I stare in awe. They weren't lying! They actually made a discord figure! My prayers have been answered! Looks like someone had a very lovely birthday! Hold on...PARTY CANNON!

It's 51% off on Amazon if you wanna get it! It's a big figure too, I love it a lot!

And thank you!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 07:47:33 PM »
Congrats on all of your birthday goodies.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 08:20:56 PM »
She's cute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 09:55:14 AM »
Congrats on all of your new ponies and Happy Birthday!

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 10:02:28 AM »
Thank you, everyone!!! :lovey:

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »
I love your the Discord figure.  I have it too.  I don't collect g4, but I like the show and had to get Discord. 

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »
Happy Birthday! Congrats on all your new ponies :D

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 12:59:39 AM »
Wow, what a lot of new ponies and merch. I really like those cards.  Congrats and happy birthday :tort:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal