collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Closing the FiM forum  (Read 6972 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Closing the FiM forum
« on: August 09, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »
Hi everyone!
After careful consideration, the Mod team would like to announce that we are closing the FiM forum.
We will be keeping a few select threads which will be beneficial to the overall forum but they will be moved into the Corral.

We will close this forum up on August 30th. From there, we recommend making use of the Facebook forum groups that delve into FiM.
Thanks
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Closing the FiM forum
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 05:33:00 PM »
Out of curiosity, what will happen to the pre-existing threads in this forum? Will they be deleted or..? Just wondering :) Thanks for letting us know + giving us advance warning, I appreciate it.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 05:40:31 PM »
Out of curiosity, what will happen to the pre-existing threads in this forum? Will they be deleted or..? Just wondering :) Thanks for letting us know + giving us advance warning, I appreciate it.

We move them into an archive.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 11:29:12 PM »
I'm sad to see the episode discussions go, but we'll still get to talk about the G4 toys in the Corral right?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:30:47 AM by lostpony »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 06:28:27 AM »

We move them into an archive.

Awesome, thanks for the reply :) Good to know that they're not disappearing completely.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 06:35:38 AM »
So what's the reason?

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Dulset Tarn

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 07:08:21 AM »
Huh, guess I'll have a reason to stop coming here entirely.

Offline blazywazy110

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 07:14:34 AM »
I'm confused. Why?

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »
I appreciate the warning, but why close it? It seemed pretty active to me

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 09:29:58 AM »
I'm very disappointed with the Arena as I read this. I've always been told that the Arena is a place for all pony fans to come together and interact, and I was really proud of being part of a community like that, but now you're purposely excluding certain fans by removing the forum where they spend the most time? Is it because there's a lot of complaining going on here? Arguing between members? This is hardly the only section of the MLP Arena that gets into arguments, nor is it the only threads that get negative complaints (just look at the amount of people who complain about the G4 toy styles in the Corral).

By excluding the FiM section of the Arena, you're effectively telling some people that they aren't welcome here. "We only want a certain type of fan on the Arena, and your interests aren't acceptable or worthy of a place to hold discussions." I'm very disappointed that the staff here would support such an implication. I thought the purpose of the Arena was that all types of fans had a place here, but I guess I'm wrong. That's very discouraging.

You aren't going to completely remove all talk of the FiM cartoon on the Arena just by removing the section, you're just going to make the Corral more cluttered. I for one will be continuing my discussion of FiM episodes and topics in the Corral. I hope other people will join me.

Maybe when the staff sees half the front page of the Corral is FiM topics it will remind them of the reason they made the FiM forum in the first place, and that is because there are many people who visit the Corral who don't want to wade through half a page of cartoon discussion to find the topics they want to be included in.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 09:49:18 AM »
I agree with Dragonflitter. This is a forum for MLP fans, isn't it? Shoving a specific group of MLP fans off to Facebook or whatever doesn't feel as fun and friendly as the arena should be.
If the only reason behind this decision is that there's a lot of arguing and complaining in that section, I don't think merging it with the corral will solve much. It'll just make it so there's more arguing and complaining in the corral :huh:
I guess I sympathize with the mods who have to deal with angry people every time a new episode comes out, and I sure can't think of a better solution. But this solution is one I'm pretty sure is actually worse than nothing...

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 10:26:00 AM »
I totally agree with you, excluding the fans of a generation and saying them to get on facebook is almost showing elitism against g4.It isn't what the arena should be.By doing that you're lowering yourself to the level of the bronies that hate the older generations and that most of you seem to hate.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 10:57:51 AM »
How long until this thread gets locked? :lol:

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »
Um, why is it getting closed if I may ask? Seems kind of out-of-the-blue and makes me wonder where new topics regarding the show will go.

lostpony

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 11:46:01 AM »
I think this has to do with that this site is supposed to be for collectors.  Several mods and long-term members have mentioned this.  I am counting on that we'll still be able to discuss the current toys all we want.

It's been obvious for a long time that the staff is frustrated with the naysaying and squabbling that goes on in the show discussions and other threads in the FiM forum, and while some may say they dislike the toys I don't see anyone getting into arguments about whether they should like the toys or not.  On the other hand, there's been a lot of negativity about the show that quickly leads to argument, which i am as guilty of as anyone else, even since I've been trying to do better.  Maybe they just couldn't see any other solution to cutting the bickering, and as much as we love this forum it's not a democracy.

I'm disappointed that i won't have anywhere to say everypony/anypony anymore.  When I found out that annoys some people, I switched to just using those in the FiM forum, and now I have to decide between annoying people or not using anypony/everypony at all around here anymore. 

I feel that if we had not so often disregarded the forum rule to keep things light and fun, we wouldn't be seeing such an announcement.

Perhaps we can use this thread to exchange ideas for places to get our discussions about the shows on?  I don't like facebook at all and don't know my way around anywhere but here at the arena so....i have no idea where to go  to get show discussion.  I'd like to keep up our discussions about FiM episodes in particular, can we figure out a place where we all go for that so we can still hang out and discuss the show with each other?  I don't think posting unwanted episode discussion threads in the Corral is going to be a good solution.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal