collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has Anyone Cancelled A Victoria's Secret Credit Card Before?  (Read 574 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Has Anyone Cancelled A Victoria's Secret Credit Card Before?
« on: August 09, 2017, 08:03:00 AM »
So, I used to go to Victoria's Secret Pink a lot when I lived in Warwick, because they had one at the mall.
I would sometimes buy bras but mostly I bought lounge type stuff.  I would make sure I had enough cash on me for whatever I bought then I would pay the balance off the card right away while I was there.

I don't order from them online because I'm overweight and petite so I need to try to stuff on before I buy it.
 I haven't gotten anything from them since I moved to Smithfield since there's no Victoria's Secret or Pink store nearby.  I keep getting mail from them telling me about sales and what not but it doesn't matter to me anymore.

I was thinking about cancelling my credit card but don't know if they'll charge me for cancelling.  My balance is zero but I don't know if it's going to be more trouble than it's worth to cancel it.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has Anyone Cancelled A Victoria's Secret Credit Card Before?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:16:23 PM »
Just call customer service and ask.  The number should be on the back of your card. 

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has Anyone Cancelled A Victoria's Secret Credit Card Before?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 03:36:33 AM »
One thing to keep in mind when cancelling any credit card is that it can damage your credit score for a while if you do.  It's going to have the biggest effect if you've had the card for a long time and/or you don't have many other lines of credit. Basically cancelling the credit card is going end whatever credit history you've built with that card, and it'll change your available lines of credit. If you carry a balance on other cards, closing an available line of credit can hit your score if it pushes your debt to open line of credit ratio over 50%.

If this is your oldest credit card, it's probably not a bad idea to just leave it be until you need to cancel it(like if they start charging a fee to keep it or something).  Odds are you'll still get the advertisements either way. They have your information - they can send you sale notifications even if you don't have a credit card with them.

More info about what cancelling a credit card can do to your credit score:
http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/help/cancel-credit-card-6000.php

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal