collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got my 3D printed BJD fox!  (Read 610 times)

Offline wystearyaTopic starter

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Rapunzel Pony
Got my 3D printed BJD fox!
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:22:37 PM »
First off I want to apologize for the terrible quality pictures.  A new camera is at the top of my current wish list.  :P

I ordered my fox from Walloya Morring on Etsy.  It took a few months to make (custom order), but 'she' finally arrived today.  <3

I do have to say that a 3rd head I ordered did not arrive, but they are taking care of it and will have me one made.  They have asked that I send the sleeping head back to them for color matching.  >> I am ok with this in principle, but I hate to risk it getting lost in the mail.  I need to decide right away if I want to risk off color (and keep the head with me) or send the head and worry about mail..
What would you do??  (PS- They said they would reimburse my shipping cost AND they are in Russia, I am in the USA.)

Anyway, with no further ado, here is my lovely new Vixen:
(Please forgive these awful pics!)

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

What came in my box.  (Minus a chocolate I have actually not yet eaten!)

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Trying to show size here.

This pillow is cozy!

Close-up attempt.

------

A couple more taken with my husband's phone, not sure they are any better though.  :P

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 11:43:38 PM by wystearya »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • MOC Mimic
Re: Got my 3D printed BJD fox!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 05:51:29 AM »
Such a lovely color! :lovey:

Can't help with the third head issue, I would have really hard time deciding, too!

Online glitterball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 06:14:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Such a lovely color! :lovey:

Can't help with the third head issue, I would have really hard time deciding, too!

They did a very good job, though! Nice!  :lovey:
:glitter: :glitter: visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 :glitter:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 02:00:23 PM »
Wow, she's so cute!

Personally I would go ahead and send the sleep head back. Color mismatch would be pretty obvious on that style of doll so I'd want to make sure it matched.

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 03:43:07 PM »
Thank you all.  I do love my little vixen.  :)

-----

I think your right, I sure don't want to end up with a head that is obviously a different color than the body.  I'll just mail in a small box and cross my fingers!  (And try not to worry so much!)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
She's such a pretty fox! I love the pics you took.

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 02:36:12 AM »
That's so cool

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »
Thank you both.  I do love her, can't wait to get the open-mouth head too!

-------------

I went ahead and mailed them the sleeping head for color matching.  Hopefully it arrives safely.  I sent in a *very* sturdy little inner box.  lol 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »
Very cool!

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 09:39:44 PM »
Thank you!

She holds poses so well!

New pic:

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 09:56:29 PM »
So gorgeous.
Please sign the petition for a second season for the Tron Uprising series. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 12:08:18 PM »
I love BJD animals, it's incredible how poseable and detailed they can be in such tiny scale. Your lilac vixen is such a sweetie, I wish you luck recieveing her third head safely. ^.^

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 08:57:18 PM »
I am posting a little update! 

I got my open-mouth head today, and it's wonderful!

They also sent back the sleeping head (of course) and an *extra* head as a gift!  <3

I'll try to get some pictures soon, maybe even later today.  But I just wanted you all to know that I did get everything I paid for.  And also the extra head as an apology for the mix-up on my order.  :)

Post Merge: October 14, 2017, 09:47:15 PM

I still have an old camera, but I got some OK lighting and went ahead to take some pics:

All four heads here. 
The one in front is the extra apology gift.  (It has half-open eyes and the ears back.)

Closer look at the open-mouth head I had wanted originally.  It's really cool!

The gift head.  (Looks like a sneer at this angle, lol!)

A side view of the gift.  Love the angle of the ears!

And one sleeping.  I love the sweet expression on the sleeping head.   ^.^

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:47:16 PM by wystearya »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 01:06:42 AM »
awwwww so sweet!

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 01:55:15 AM »
I suddenly want one of these.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login