collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check on G1 Seaponies?  (Read 4793 times)

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Price Check on G1 Seaponies?
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:45:26 AM »
Hi pony friends! I've been out of the collecting loop for awhile and I was wondering if some of you wouldn't mind to help me price check some sea ponies? I'd like to trade some with a friend and I want to make sure I don't stiff her! But I'm having an awfully hard time finding any recent prices for them ^^;;

I have:
Whitecap - Excellent shape. No flaws at all. She's ivory rather than pure white, but I think they all are?
High Tide - Perfect paint, no frizz or damage, but her hair is faded and she has an orange stain on her chin (Looks like highlighter, but it's probably from being rested against  pink plastic at some point).
Backstroke and her float - Factory eye-painting is a little blurry and she has some discolouration from her neck glue but otherwise she's good. I'd also be interested to know the value of just her float? It is pretty-near mint with just one tiny scuff to the orange paint on the crest.
Pearly Surf Rider and her float - Mint asides from her faded hair. Her float has a few small scuffs.
Splasher and her float - She has no flaws, but she might be slightly yellowed? I can't quite tell.  Her float has a couple small scuffs.

Any guidance anyone could offer would be great! Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:56:39 AM by Mirnyj »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check on G1 Seaponies?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »
Baby Backstroke with float-$25-$30
Baby Surf Rider with float-$25-$30

That's what I usually see those baby ponies go for with their floats.

I don't know if any floats are specifically more expensive/HTF, but I usually see floats without sea ponies go around the $10-$20 mark.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:35:26 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:39:08 PM »
Whitecap - Excellent shape. No flaws at all. She's ivory rather than pure white, but I think they all are?
High Tide - Perfect paint, no frizz or damage, but her hair is faded and she has an orange stain on her chin (Looks like highlighter, but it's probably from being rested against  pink plastic at some point).

Whitecap almost always comes up with brown splotchy age marks - if yours is stain free, could go very high indeed.  2nd set adults are some of the most expensive sea ponies.  It'll depend on how far off white she is.  High Tide it'll depend if the mark can be faded out or not, and how much pink, if any, is left in her hair.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »
Thanks for the help you two!

As far as I can tell Whitecap really does have no marks, but she's definitely ivory and not white. I'd say she's about two shades darker than white? Undeniably ivory, but not quite cream. Unfortunately it's much too dark here to take a good picture of her just now! She might go paler if she had her insides scrubbed out because I can see signs that she's a bit rusty inside but her head is still glued and I knew she was the most valuable one so I've never been keen to mess with her.

I've never faded a mark off a pony (they don't bother me) so I wouldn't know what to do with High Tide, but her hair is definitely more white than pink. There's only just enough colour left in it to tell it was pink at some point.

I remembered them both as being worth around $50 (American) dollars without their shells if the condition isn't too bad. Would that be about right?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:31:19 PM by Nonnavlis »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 11:24:18 AM »
50$ seems low?  That said I personally haven't bought any of these lovelies as I already have them all.

Have a poke at ebay's completed listings, a Whitecap recently sold for 80$ off-white and with some minor paint rubs, didn't look for High Tide.  You wouldn't have to fade the (potential) highlighter mark yourself, but it would matter if it looks like something that could be easily taken care of or not.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 04:58:56 PM »
I just sold a Sand Dollar with a few flaws for around $60 USD. I would think an unstained Whitecap would be higher though, because that's so unusual for her and for Sea Mist. I would start at $80 with her personally, because of that...depending how bad her internal mess is.

I also have a rough looking High Tide so am interested in what price analyses come out for you on this. I have been thinking around $35 for mine which is rougher I think than yours, but will be interested to see what other people think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 05:47:23 PM »
$50 is too low for Whitecap, especially if she doesn't have any discoloration.  Not sure what her current price is, I just know that's too low. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »
Thanks again everyone! <3

I ended up giving her the ponies other than Whitecap because she brought me some very thoughtful presents, aha. But I was glad to have an idea of their value! I'll probably try to put Whitecap here on the Arena? I've never sold anything here before but I'd like to keep her in the community ideally, so I am very happy to have all of your advice as to what price might be good for her! It's hard to believe such a tiny pony could be worth so much!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal