collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Peru purple hair variant?  (Read 3898 times)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Peru purple hair variant?
« on: August 05, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
ok... so I have a dark and medium purple hair glory

now you are all probably like = what?  there's only one type of purple hair

that's what I thought until this posey showed up = does anyone know more about if this is just the lighting regarding this peruvian?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I wasn't able to get any information from the ebay seller which is unfortunate as he's also gotten ahold of a white moonstone so I know there are some funky variants out there

and my peru posey seems to have the standard lilac, curly hair-type

so perhaps like I said it is just the lighting on that purple hair posey but I am wondering if she's a variant of a variant and if anyone has any additional information I am most appreciative as I am slowly going through my massive MLPherd and trying to figure which of the family groups I look to rehome some of these lovelies :-)

here's the three purple hair colors

I had catagorized my former glory as a rehair/discolored  and now I am not so sure

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Peru purple hair variant?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 12:30:29 PM »
What are the tail washers and the mane weave like in Posey, Glory and Glory? :)

What is the texture like of each of the different shades? How does it compare to your other Peru ponies?

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 09:11:35 PM »
I have had a glory from Peru with hair that colour. She was a rehair. I guessed they must have had some doll hospitals like in Argentina that used that hair to restore ponies or else the seller uses it to rehair ponies with. The purple is a nice colour and mine had the same sort of curl as yours so I am pretty sure it's the same hair used. Mine also had a different sort of rehair weave job done in that I am not familiar with, one strand of hair was used to reply 2 holes so the hair weave looked like this /////// rather than :::: if that makes sense. I would class factory weave hair more like xxxxx

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 07:56:44 AM »
guessed they must have had some doll hospitals like in Argentina that used that hair to restore ponies or else the seller uses it to rehair ponies with.

yep that was my position as well = did they have doll hospitals in peru?? I was only aware of Argentina

and lemme go get a pic of tail washers - good call PKW

Post Merge: August 08, 2017, 05:01:14 AM

here's tail washers so to me, both peruvian

and I tried to get the mane weave to show:

dark purple

medium purple

I agree the quality of the hair is good (as can compare with the other two "curly" varieties)  and that is cool to me to know that it might have been a local hospital that allowed a haircut pony (?) to get a second life

so yeah that posey threw me when I stumbled on the picture and so I began to wonder if there was more to peru pony stories regarding their purple curly hair...

thanks guys :-)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:01:14 AM by maycrestmom »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 05:08:31 AM »
I'd love to see picture of the tail washers :D

For comparison here is my Brazil dolls hospital rehaired Starshine :) There are a few other ponies out there who have identical rehairing to my Starshine. I have seen a Brazil North Star and a Brazil Shady, as well as an Argie Baby Applejack.

Inside her head the front of her mane is factory weave, but part of it is ||||| at the bottom (the yellow and part of the pale pink). She has been seen by other collectors including LadyG and Taffeta, who both confirmed she is factory weave.

What it looks like on the outside

My Peru lilac curly haired Starshine has burnt ends inside her head and her tail is a burnt lump. Other collectors have looked at her and said her hair is the same as Peru lilac curly Posey's hair in both colour and texture.

I have been wondering for some time is Peru/Argie/Brazil etc ponies were sold in other parts of South America (kind of like Italy ponies being sold through out Europe) Another thing that wouldn't surprise me if they all ended up either at the same dolls hospital or there was another doll hospital somewhere else :)

Love pkw xxx

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 06:41:49 AM »
yes that would make sense if there is a "standard" regarding how professional the rehair is and the "local" tail washer (not a modern zip tie)

I am not familiar enough with MLP lore if Hasbro would have offered such a service like this hospital?  I know my brother could send in his busted star wars figures and Kenner would send him a new one in replacement (smart kid! in figuring out how to keep C-3PO shiny after sinking him in a backyard Degobah (sp?) swamp... but I digress) and we had the pony points program/mail order stuff here in the US

yep, other than she's a bit more yellowed with age she's a great custom/variant... man, if only these gals could talk

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 07:27:28 AM »
no info, just stopping in to drool. I love these purple haired girls
fascinating post though!

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 08:42:02 AM »
They are all gorgeous!! 

I've never taken apart a pony and looked at the hair.  PKW, is the Lilac Haired Starshine thought to be a custom because of the burnt ends?
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 03:32:02 PM »
MCM with out a doubt those are true Peru washers :bigups: they match and look factory :D

Hasbro sold the licence to manufacture MLP to the local toy companies, El Greco in Greece, Top Toys in Argentina and so on. If there was a dolls hospital it may well have been linked to the factory that produced the ponies rather than being directly linked to Hasbro (like your brother sending his C3P0 directly to Kenner). On saying that the hospital might have been totally independent (I do think more likely linked to the factory on looking at the washers).

I recall my Mum writing to Hasbro UK when my flutter wings broke and she get sent a replacement set. I am not sure about any other kinds of repairs that may have been offered since non of my ponies had hair cuts.

KC  I think she is some sort of rehair, but it is not "new" rehair if you understand me :( I have had her for a looooooong time I got her back in 2006, I bought her off a lady in Germany who got her from Peru in around 2004/5 (I remember the original auction as I got out bid on her, the original seller was in Peru and selling off ponies). I *think* my lilac Starshine is the same as the one in the Nirvana Gallery, I have messaged the image owner but never got a reply so I cannot be 100% sure. I still love her though :)

Out of interest here is Fizzy_NZ's North Star

And this lot where on ebay ever such a long time ago (I don't know who owns them as I saved the picture, but lot the name of the owner :(

Love pkw xxx

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 04:22:53 PM »
Oh WOW!!!  Those ponies are so unique and lovely!   :stunned:.  I love them!

And pkw your purple haired starshine is gorgeous! 
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 04:42:11 PM »
A collector from Brazil confirmed at the time they where indeed Brazil Dolls Hospital rehairs.

I wish we could somehow confirm the others though, MCM is right if only they could talk!

I have to admit I prefer that other shade of purple hair on Glory ^.^

Love pkw xxx

Offline mylittELLEpony

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • #SaveTheG1s
    • View Profile
    • my collection catalog (IG)
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 05:03:52 PM »
I know absolutely nothing about Nirvanas, but I'm amazed by the gorgeous ponies in this thread! Thank you all for sharing photos.
You can see my collection on InstaGram @ mylittELLEpony  :lovey:

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 05:30:25 PM »
my glory had the same rehair pattern as your mcm so chances are high the same person did them, I brought my girl about 2 years ago but I have seen a few pop up on ebay over the days. Pkw your rehair pattern looks different but the hair looks the same, that purple curl is quite unique.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 11:51:29 PM »
Slightly off-topic but still connected >>>

I am fascinated by the idea of a dolls hospital connected to the original factory.

I would love to hear about the folks who worked there and what tips and tricks they had for a fast and professional re-hair, I guess they had access to the proper re-hairing machines... I wonder how many poorly toys they fixed per day?

Gah, when my flutter wings broke as I (carefully) opened up my pony box I was so miffed... I should have written a letter too, oh well!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 04:41:58 AM »
my glory had the same rehair pattern as your mcm so chances are high the same person did them, I brought my girl about 2 years ago but I have seen a few pop up on ebay over the days. Pkw your rehair pattern looks different but the hair looks the same, that purple curl is quite unique.

I have seen quite a few over the years with the official washer and the ||||||| weave or the mane. Not just Peru ponies, Argies and Brazil.

Brazil Starshine's rehair pattern is a weave at the top and |||||| at the bottom, it is almost impossible for me to take a picture.

Peru lilac Starshine has the ends of each individual mane plug burnt/melted (like her tail), so inside she looks like ::::::: but not a weave if you understand. It is a little messy with stray hairs, so you can't see the pattern to well. Her hair is beautiful, it is quite soft, not stiff at all and the curls are original.

Love pkw xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal