collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
What would you do?
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:35:53 AM »
Hello Everypony

Just wondering what you would do in this situation.  :what:
(trying not to let this get to me too much... shaking at the moment)

So first time ever for a pony I have very unhappy buyer.
(we have had to deal with unhappy customers before when USPS was being a nightmare last year & not delivering parcels to our USA customers in time, so I am used to them, although most of these customers were lovely once you explained USPS hold ups to them & helped them find where their parcel is (which is pretty darn difficult from here in the UK, especially when USPS are so vague with their answers  :P))

First off they purchased this pony on a Saturday. Our processing/dispatch time is 1-3 WORKING days (which as far as I understood everyone understands that Saturdays & Sundays are not working days  ^.^).
They sent a message on the Tuesday (2nd working days) asking why it hadn't shipping yet.
Told them it was packed & in our mailing bag ready to be dispatched the following day (3rd working day)... which we did as shown on our proof of postage & tracking.

So we were not late posting it at all, right on schedule.

Then the pony arrives & this customer is now unhappy with the pony, saying we were late shipping the pony (we were not as mentioned & can prove it) & they also were saying there are things wrong with it, which I actually pointed out in the listings description. (i try to describe as much as I can with my individual pony listings as anyone knows who has purchased before. Most of the details I point out are hardly ever pointed out in other pony sellers listings (unless they are like me & like to know every little detail  :biggrin:)

I said the symbols were slightly worn (they are in quite good condition tbh except for a little wear, I did say they have slight wear in my description though).
The pictures also show very clearly all the flaws this customer was pointing out too, so even if I had missed something in my description the pictures are still there for the customer to see. (everything this customer pointed out though, I had said in my description)
I am only human though not a robot so it is possible for us not perfect humans to miss something  :P... although I did say there was wear to the symbol.

I think they were expecting a Mint Pony :( I never stated the pony was in mint condition & I even listed all her flaws, wear to symbols etc.

Anyway I have asked them to send the pony back in her original condition we sent her in & we shall refund as soon as she is back in my hands.
(had somebody years ago try to send back a different pony (same type of pony but in a completely different condition ... extremely bad condition!)... seriously not sure how they thought they could get away with that)

Since our first message saying they can return the pony, they have sent a rude & threatening message.
Again I have asked them to return the pony to me.

(I knew from her first message, I should of cancelled the order... I went against my bad pony senses though & still posted it  >_< won't be going against my bad pony sense again  :P)

Not sure what this buyer wants as I have told them very clearly that they are more than welcome to return the pony. They are in the UK too meaning we refund their original postage cost too. (not as if postage is expensive anyway)
So I really do not get why this buyer is being so rude .... I am completely puzzled by this  :huh:

I will not be bullied or threatened into giving a refund for a pony that won't be returned to me if that is what they are thinking. Won't be threatened with bad feedback either, we have lots of other feed back from other lovely MLP buyers. I also have the feedback from the lovely buyers, traders & sellers I have dealt with on the arena too.

I know someone else was interested in this pony, so happy for her to be returned, but to be honest at this point I just want the her back in my own collection now. Her pony friends are missing her  ^.^
(don't know about anyone else, but I always think of my ponies as if they were in Toy Story :P so right now I am thinking this pony is feeling unloved & sad. She just needs to come home now to be with her pony friends)

Just wondering how others have dealt with customers like this. When you are saying they are more than welcome to return the pony but they are still being rude & threatening.... & ignoring you when you said they can return it.   
:sad:

I am actually getting quite upset over this buyers behaviour  :( ... maybe because its a fellow MLP collector....
Going to go and distract myself now ....

Sorry for the rant/long message.

Thank you lovely ponies ^.^
 :lovey:
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline blazywazy110

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 10:21:55 AM »
People can be like that. From what I can sense the buyer is unpleasant and most likely trying to scam his/her way into a free pony. It makes me very sad when people try to manipulate the ebay/sales system that people use fairly every day.

It's not at all your fault, hun. People can just be nasty.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 10:31:09 AM »
I think it's definitely an attempt to either get a free pony or someone bought it, can't actually afford it and so now are putting it on you to deal with. Or, finally, they didn't read the description before buying and this is now somehow your fault. People are like that sometimes, sadly. I saw a lad yell abuse at the bus driver for the whole diversion the other week because he didn't know the diversion area and didn't know to get off the bus earlier - except the driver made a very clear announcement to tell people in advance of the diversion. The lad just hadn't listened.

Sadly in the modern world people like to blame other people for their own mistakes. Hold firm and keep politely reiterating that if they return the pony they will have a full refund including postage charge.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 11:07:23 AM »
The person should of read the description before buying. They should give you the pony back.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 12:04:23 PM »
People can be like that. From what I can sense the buyer is unpleasant and most likely trying to scam his/her way into a free pony. It makes me very sad when people try to manipulate the ebay/sales system that people use fairly every day.

It's not at all your fault, hun. People can just be nasty.

I think it's definitely an attempt to either get a free pony or someone bought it, can't actually afford it and so now are putting it on you to deal with. Or, finally, they didn't read the description before buying and this is now somehow your fault. People are like that sometimes, sadly. I saw a lad yell abuse at the bus driver for the whole diversion the other week because he didn't know the diversion area and didn't know to get off the bus earlier - except the driver made a very clear announcement to tell people in advance of the diversion. The lad just hadn't listened.

Sadly in the modern world people like to blame other people for their own mistakes. Hold firm and keep politely reiterating that if they return the pony they will have a full refund including postage charge.

The person should of read the description before buying. They should give you the pony back.

Thank you lovely ponies  :hug: thought I was going mad because surely a full refund upon return is enough.

Does seem to be more and more angry people in the world & far too many people taking advantage of or scamming people too.
(the amount of people I have seen on Etsy & Ebay forums saying... just give them a full refund and let them keep the product....just because the buyer is threatening a bad review)

They have come back again with more threatening behaviour, saying things about trading standards etc... but we know the law... we are abiding by the law as we are telling her to return it for a full refund. (& she gets postage back too... we are the ones out of pocket because she didn't read the description :( not her)

I don't know why people think they can get away with bullying people into giving them what they want. (although we offered to accept the return after her message saying she wasn't happy with it)

I thought last year was a weird year.... this year is turning into a completely bonkers year.... side effects of last year perhaps..  :lol:

I have repeated myself yet again about sending the pony back to me & once I have it back in my hands I will refund her in full.... lets hope they send it back again now. I have said to return it for a full refund several times now  :huh:
Lollipop

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 12:27:40 PM »
Sounds like they were just trying to take advantage of you. I'd report them as a bad buyer, abusive, rude, possible scammer. Keep all the notes and emails in case they're stupid and try to push things, let ebay staff know first that you did list flaws and did what you could to try to remedy the situation.

:hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 01:25:28 PM »
Sounds like they were just trying to take advantage of you. I'd report them as a bad buyer, abusive, rude, possible scammer. Keep all the notes and emails in case they're stupid and try to push things, let ebay staff know first that you did list flaws and did what you could to try to remedy the situation.

:hug:

This, definitely. You have tried to handle your buyer in a professional manner and you shouldn't be out the pony and the money. It sounds like a scam. If nothing else, call eBay and explain the situation. They may be able to help you.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 01:54:22 PM »
Definitely keep us all updated!  Sounds like a buyer many would like to avoid. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 04:28:35 PM »
Stand your ground. You are doing the right thing. At this point, I would stop talking to them. If they open an item not as described case, then check off the option for 'return item for full refund'. Then they will with either return the item or not. Do NOT give them a partial or full refund and let them keep the item. This is a classic case of a buyer who is trying to pull a fast one on you.

If they leave negative feedback, get in touch with ebay via phone. They can go back through the messages and see how nasty the buyer is being, and will likely remove the feedback.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 05:52:57 PM »
Stand your ground. You are doing the right thing. At this point, I would stop talking to them. If they open an item not as described case, then check off the option for 'return item for full refund'. Then they will with either return the item or not. Do NOT give them a partial or full refund and let them keep the item. This is a classic case of a buyer who is trying to pull a fast one on you.

If they leave negative feedback, get in touch with ebay via phone. They can go back through the messages and see how nasty the buyer is being, and will likely remove the feedback.

I completely agree with Thunderwing.

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 02:49:05 AM »
Thank you everypony, good to know you all think I did the right thing about offering them a full refund once the pony is returned to me.

I have told them yet again to send the pony back to me for a full refund.
No reply yet.

I think they just wanted a discount from the day they purchased... they were just looking for something to complain about I think, especially as they started moaning about slow posting on the 2nd working day as it is (when we state 1-3 working days for our dispatch time)
Certainly won't be ignoring my bad pony senses again.

Just hope they haven't done this to anyone else before.  :(

I shall let you all know what happens. Hopefully the pony will be on its way back to me soon.

Not going to let this get to me anymore. Anyone who reads our messages can clearly see we have offered them a full refund several times.
Luckily I just received some of my own pony mail today from a lovely arena member :biggrin: great distraction  ^.^

Thank you everypony for your help
 :grouphug:
Lollipop

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 04:53:17 PM »
When this is all over Lollipop, can you post their ID? I REALLY don't want this one bidding on any of my stuff, and I dare say that most of us here would concur. So sorry that you're going through this, it truly is awful when you let something go, only to have it end up someplace you don't really want it to! I've been lucky of late though, last week I sold a big lot of MIP G4s to a mum whose little girl has a rare bowel disorder, and she came home from surgery to a room full of ponies! Just remember that sometimes you can make a huge difference to someone's life with the amazing products you sell, and that it really is worth it the majority of the time! Pony Hugs!!!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 05:01:41 PM »
When this is all over Lollipop, can you post their ID? I REALLY don't want this one bidding on any of my stuff, and I dare say that most of us here would concur. So sorry that you're going through this, it truly is awful when you let something go, only to have it end up someplace you don't really want it to! I've been lucky of late though, last week I sold a big lot of MIP G4s to a mum whose little girl has a rare bowel disorder, and she came home from surgery to a room full of ponies! Just remember that sometimes you can make a huge difference to someone's life with the amazing products you sell, and that it really is worth it the majority of the time! Pony Hugs!!!
. Aww I'm sure that so made that little one's day :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 05:42:28 AM »

Aww I am sure all the ponies put a big smile on the girls face  :biggrin:

Ok so after another rude message they seem to have finally listened to me & the pony is apparently on her way back to me. Been over a week since this all happened now  :huh:

I don't have a user name it was a guest checkout customer on Etsy. I do have their name and full address though.
Shall I just post their name here?

Thank you you everypony for your help.  ^.^
Lollipop

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 08:33:38 AM »
I don't have a user name it was a guest checkout customer on Etsy. I do have their name and full address though.
Shall I just post their name here?

Thank you you everypony for your help.  ^.^

Too bad... you can't post any of that info on the Arena.  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal