collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can't find the new movie toys  (Read 6018 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find the new movie toys
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »
Where are those darn baby  merponies?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beckysaurus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2017, 06:29:12 PM »
My Target had several of each in stock. If anyone needs help with pickups I am happy to assist. They were super cute. I posted them on my Instagram :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Instagram: NoTimeforAdulthood
Loyal Subjects Ponies for trade/sale
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,387609.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2017, 08:29:49 PM »
My Target had several of each in stock. If anyone needs help with pickups I am happy to assist. They were super cute. I posted them on my Instagram :D

Argh and they're nowhere else but at Target? Stupid stupid Hasbro!

lostpony

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »
I've changed my mind about the giant Magical Twilight Sparkle or whatever they've named the Starlily robot Twily.

While she does look odd from front-view and looks awful in her hunched-over posture in her display box, from her side when she's standing up properly she actually is pretty darn accurate looking and from behind her ears and head are just perfect.  I wondered why she is a bit chubby but then I realized it's to perfectly complete the bean-profile body shape and it's perfect.  Her wings are pretty good too, and you can move them into the various poses they use in the show and they look pretty accurate.  In almost every way (except for directly in front) she's got a perfect G4 shape and presence.

She has at least three songs, including the Festival of Friendship song in full (not just a clip like all the other movie toys) and a seapony song I haven't heard anywhere else yet that's probably in the movie, and when you interact with her a while she actually does have quite a few sayings including "this is so much fun!" and "you're my best ponyfriend" and several other things.  Won't shut up about friendship of course but that's ok.  She hiccups and sneezes and yawns and says "nity night sleep tight" and at least two other going-to-sleep phrases and once asleep she doesn't wake up without pushing her hoof button so she's not obtrusive.  While her voice isn't tara Strong, it's actually really accurate and sounds really good, sounds great in the songs and is clear and not scratchy or anything.  She's all happy tone of voice, none of the negative Twily voice like she has a lot in the show like when she says "you know she's NOT a tree right?" etc.

And it turns out she's pretty snuggly to curl up with all night (just checked and she's nice to wake up with too) and her wings squash up against her body for hugging and like Starlily, her joints are tough and you can wangle her around without hurting her.  She's got that nice clean plush smell (polyestery) and doesn't get grungy right away which is good cuz she's unwashable.

So, she's great.  I hope everyone that is thinking about her gets one.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2017, 01:16:56 PM »
I finally found a piece of movie merchandise with my own eyes at work last week. Had Applejack as a pirate at a ship's steering wheel in it. Someone had left it lying around.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

lostpony

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2017, 02:28:14 PM »
The steering wheel is from the pirate airship, that's a $40 playset that's been in one of my Walmarts for a week, which has lots of pieces like barrels that it can drop.  Guess we have a barrel-dropping scene in the movie probably.

Seems we get all the 6 as GoH pirates, the pirate airship comes with RD and AJ is separate, with a little flight backpack propeller thing.

Without question, the movie transforms our 6 into as many different toys as possible!

lostpony

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2017, 03:22:59 AM »
I got the FS Fluttershy merpony today.  It's pretty cool I guess.

I finally made it back to my regular target that had put out a whole bunch of the old Wonderbolts FS set, but seems (two weeks later) that I missed whatever liquidation deal they had on them cuz every last one's gone replaced by Magic of Everypony set.  I was just starting to want that Wonderbolts set and I wonder how low its price went....guess I'll have to keep my eye on the Goodwill that gets Target stock n see if any of them end up there.

Hasbro Toy Shop actually approved my Twilybot review! 
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-c02990950?catName=

I want a second one now.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2017, 04:08:49 AM »
Lostpony please I can't afford a Twibot don't make me want one ;-;

I visited a nearby toy store the other day, they didn't have much pony in general, but they did have the baby seaponies. So if they are Target exclusives, at least they aren't the kind of Target exclusives that don't make it overseas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2017, 05:23:40 AM »
Netherlands finally got the seaponies! I got Rarity :D

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2017, 06:21:28 AM »
Lostpony please I can't afford a Twibot don't make me want one ;-;

I visited a nearby toy store the other day, they didn't have much pony in general, but they did have the baby seaponies. So if they are Target exclusives, at least they aren't the kind of Target exclusives that don't make it overseas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's positive to know. If you have them chances are they're not exclusives, though I didn't see the target logo on Beckysaurus' photos of them. Not sure how I feel about them as no brushable hair but they are cute and kids will probably love them.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2017, 09:03:51 AM »
I finally found Princess Skystar and her musical shell. :) :) :). I checked a different Toys R Us than usual and they had one all the movie toys including the baby sea ponies.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2017, 08:07:27 AM »
Is Songbird getting a smaller, single version? $24.99 is way too much!

Has anyone seen a single Queen Novo yet? She is my biggest want.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2017, 09:44:11 AM »

She is! A normal Songbird Serenade will be in the same wave as the All About versions of Rainbow Dash, Cheerilee, and Pinkie Pie. They'll come out in September, and the Songbird is not a Target exclusive, turns out that only applied to the singing one.

As far as I'm aware you can only get a Queen Novo via the Seaquestria playset. I wish they'd release her on her own though (although I want to get Seaquestria anyway myself to use as a display shelf).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2017, 09:54:00 AM »

She is! A normal Songbird Serenade will be in the same wave as the All About versions of Rainbow Dash, Cheerilee, and Pinkie Pie. They'll come out in September, and the Songbird is not a Target exclusive, turns out that only applied to the singing one.

As far as I'm aware you can only get a Queen Novo via the Seaquestria playset. I wish they'd release her on her own though (although I want to get Seaquestria anyway myself to use as a display shelf).

Hooray! :hifive:

Hey look, a new adult merpony! Great color choices, though the head fins remind me of Dartrix's foppish hairdo. :s
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:13:29 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2017, 10:29:02 AM »

Hooray! :hifive:

Hey look a new adult merpony! Great color choices, though the head fins remind me of Dartrix's foppish hairdo. :s

Wait!  New adult seapony?  Where?  I missed it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal