collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Now I'm sad  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Now I'm sad
« on: August 03, 2017, 09:15:56 AM »
Have you ever received a pony you wanted a lot in so poor condition you won't accept them to your collection? I just did. Wow, it hurts.
I always wanted G4 Cadance from the playset. I got one for free from a person who gives me their baits as gifts for buying other stuff. I needed Cadance for custom. So I got her. Frizzy hair, one wing, scratches on eyes and body, head whitened from sun exposure... Perfect for custom. Bad for my mental health  :lookround: I can restore her, I can sculpt her a new wing but I'm picky and I can't accept her. Poor thing.

She's gonna be a great Flurry tho  ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:12:15 AM by Mirnyj »

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Now I'm sad
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:22:51 PM »
Well, she was sent as a bait so I'm not sure what you were quite expecting?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline haircutsandhighlighters

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 06:55:39 AM »
On one hand, I'm with Loa here. Knowing that some collectors can't accept less-than-"perfect" ponies is what makes me sad, but I can't really say anything about that since I'm just as picky with my collection, only in reverse.  :P

That said, I'm sorry to hear it upset you. We all have different things we look for in our collections; my favourite ponies are the very baity kind, but I have to admit I'd be ever so slightly annoyed if someone handed me a G4 pony in any condition, so I can understand what you mean. Anyway, if you do restore this pony, good luck with it!  ^.^

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 07:42:25 AM »
I'm with Loa here too, partly. I'm sorry you were disappointed, but she did come as bait so she is bound to have some major flaws, some of which you can't fix. At least you can make a custom though, that will be fun! :biggrin:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline mylittELLEpony

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • #SaveTheG1s
    • View Profile
    • my collection catalog (IG)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 07:58:02 AM »
I'm an odd man out on this one, as I don't believe in "baits." I'm big on restoration and don't think any pony or vintage toy is beyond repair (ETA: I see she's G4 but this still applies  :))...unless we're talking some kinds of mold. I had a moldy Teeny Tiny that was so bad I had to throw her out. I cried. If you can fix her, why don't you?
You can see my collection on InstaGram @ mylittELLEpony  :lovey:

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 08:37:37 AM »
I'd feel the same way. Not because I got a bait pony when I expected a bait pony;  but because I was so close to getting what I wanted but still not quite there. Just that little twinge of being so close but so far.

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 08:38:20 AM »
Yeah, nothing like receiving a pony you really want in bait condition to customize. I hear ya. You'll get a good condition one eventually, never fear. *hugs*
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 08:57:49 AM »
I understand, but I don't think the G4 Cadance you're talking about is that rare. She'll likely pop up on EBay soon and you'll have both an awesome Flurry Heart custom and Cadance.  :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 10:04:47 AM »
I understand what the OP is getting at. It's not about knowing the pony was bait to begin with, it's the feeling that you're about to customise a pony that you still need for your collection, because this one has been abused by someone else lucky enough to have it.

My sister and I had the rule that if we found a pony at the boot sales that we didn't have, no matter the condition, we would buy it. And later along the line we might get another one in better condition, but the first one always stays. So I have a Rainbow Curl pony with literally no hair left and a bunch of ponies with no tails still, all of whom I eventually upgraded but the originals are still here.

But if I'm buying online, then I'm more picky. So I understand all these thought processes on baits and collections. If I were in your position, I couldn't accept a bait to customise of a pony I still needed. I have avoided that situation a few times, because I don't want the conflict of interest :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 02:28:23 PM »
Yes, Taffeta, exactly! I still haven't customized her. I feel like I won't ever do this XD I just brush her frizzy hair and think "gosh she's so precious" XDD
EnaRocketQueen, I'm located in Russia so buying from ebay gets a little... problematic xP But I don't complain. I'm sure I'll find her someday  ^.^

EDIT: totally forgot. When it comes to g1-g3 there is no word such as "bait" for me too. They're just too vintage and rare to discard them. If they're damaged I'd restore them or if I'm not skilled enough or don't have the needed resources I'd leave them be.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:32:04 PM by Shabi »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal