collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello lovely people!  (Read 527 times)

winglessfae

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello lovely people!
« on: July 28, 2017, 07:04:16 PM »
Thanks for letting me join!
My name is Cecily Allen. I'm 36 and live in south central Indiana, USA.  :cool:
I am a professionally trained metalsmith and jeweler, I own my own business and am self-employed as a fine jeweler and sculptor. My husband and I both enjoy collecting toys, pop culture memorabilia from our youth, and designing art in many different mediums.
I still have many of my childhood ponies, and G1s will always be my favourite and the majority of my collection. I was born in the 80s so accept for a short hiatus in my teenage years, I have been an MLP fan since the very beginning. The colors, soft sweet shapes, and playful attitudes are responsible for a lot of who I am and I will forever influence my style as well as my youthful outlook on life.  ^.^ I also collect Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, Shimmers, Gargoyles, and a few other magical odds and ends vintage and new. I love trading toys as well as bartering for my handmade jewelry. I hope to branch out into the world of custom ponies for the fun of it soon, too.

I don't have many local friends that get my desire to collect these magical toys (although my real friends love me *for* my love of rainbows and glitter), so it's great to have a place to go to reach out to similar peeps and not get blank stares of confusion.  :lol: Also, new pony mail is my most favourite thing!!

Thanks for letting me in. I hope some of you recognize me from Instagram (@winglessfae, @utunnitoys) and facebook groups, and that I can make some new friends. Cause making new friends in your late 30's is not the easiest thing to do!

love and starsprinkles :blink:,
Cecily

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello lovely people!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 09:19:29 PM »
Hay there from Canada! You're a metalsmith? Oh cool! Don't see a lot of them around here. And don't worry about it. Age is just a number. Making friends is easy peasy, even when you're 90. Just ask my great grandma! Anyway, hope to catch you around!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 01:12:44 AM »
Welcome!

Oooh you professionally make jewellery and sculpture - awesome!

Custom ponies? Can't wait to see your creativity on here!  :art:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

winglessfae

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »
Hay there from Canada! You're a metalsmith? Oh cool! Don't see a lot of them around here. And don't worry about it. Age is just a number. Making friends is easy peasy, even when you're 90. Just ask my great grandma! Anyway, hope to catch you around!

Hey, thanks!! :D Yeah, most people don't even know what it is so it's fun to find someone who even knows we are kinda rare.  :inlove: I'm looking forward to a bajillion new pony people to teach me new stuff. Thanks for the welcome! <3

Post Merge: July 29, 2017, 05:32:21 PM

Welcome!

Oooh you professionally make jewellery and sculpture - awesome!

Custom ponies? Can't wait to see your creativity on here!  :art:

Thanks so much! Once I get the hang of the Arena, I'll make sure I post some art. :D Thanks for the welcome! <3

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 10:43:29 AM »
Hi there and welcome to the Arena!! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!