collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rehairing electronic ponies?  (Read 227 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Rehairing electronic ponies?
« on: July 27, 2017, 08:14:17 PM »
So, I got a Princess Twilight Sparkle at the Goodwill, and she has cut and frizzy hair, so I was thinking about rehairing her. Since she's an electronic pony, I assume rehairing her would be an entirely different situation compared to rehairing normal pony. I haven't even rehaired a normal pony before. I was wondering if anyone here has tried doing something like this before. With the way her head is fit on differently than normal ponies (no neck plug, her head is on over her neck), would it be possible to put her head back on after rehairing her and still have the head be movable?

Would it even be worth attempting to rehair her or would it be better to leave the original hair despite it being cut and just try to defrizz it?

Here's the image of her:

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:23:07 AM by Mirnyj »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Rehairing electronic ponies?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 08:50:32 PM »
Oh I'm not sure anybody has done that before, so I have no advice. By, if I had to guess is see how it's put together and check that. I mean, it's a regular old mlp head with a lightbulb in it. Just has wires and motors fidly bits. The hair should go back the same way as any mlp. What I'd be concerned about are the motorized and mechanical bits. Best of luck!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal