collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GSP and the invisible people  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
GSP and the invisible people
« on: July 27, 2017, 02:01:58 AM »
So yeah, another GSP issue, although to be fair to the GSP the issue is the local delivery agent. But as anyone who suffers with GSP knows, its antisocial as a service and this is just another example.

So I mentioned on the other thread the couple of lots I bought. Lots are easier to get to the UK via GSP because of the shipping cost and import cost together actually being less than paying shipping and import duty outright.

The first lot arrived safely, but only because my sister was home and she rescued the parcel from under a bush in the rain. They had just left it there, but told Ebay they'd delivered it successfully. Apparently the bush signed for it. Clever bush.

This morning I got a notice from them about the second. This is the one they told me I won and I lost at the same time, but I did win it. It was delivered successfully yesterday at about 1pm. The only problem with that is that my sisters graduation was this week so nobody was home at any time yesterday. My parents are on their way home now, so in a couple of hours I will know its fate - but appaently this one was signed for by invisible people.

It rained at home last night. The options here are:
#It stayed outside all night and is now soaked and horrible, especially if it is under the bush again
#It may have been stolen or interfered with (This doesn't happen often in our neighbourhood but it can't be ruled out)
#3 Our neighbours have seen it and rescued it. Because this delivery person has a habit of doing this, my parents did mention to one of our neighbours about this and she promised to keep her eyes open, so that's my best case scenario. If it's safely in the neighbour's house, it isn't getting rained on. But right now, I have no idea which of the above is true.

I have complained to ebay about this and am awaiting their response. I can't use the phone so I have to use their chat program and wait for an email. But I really am annoyed by this. Firstly, I don't want poor sad ruined ponies, but secondly, I don't want to be left unprotected because apparently our garden has an extremely literate bush.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: GSP and the invisible people
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:02:20 AM »
Man, I wish I could get one of our bushes to do stuff at our house! Do you think with time and effort your bush could expend its repertoire?

Seriously though, I am sorry that you have to worry about your ponies especially as this has been such a stressful experience from the beginning. Can you not perhaps call/message the neighbours and ask them about your package? Maybe they could go and look under your amazing bush if they don't already have it?

I really hope everything turns out ok, please let us know.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:27:24 AM »
Parents got home this afternoon to discover the neighbours had rescued the parcel and another one that also came yesterday so it seems that all is well. But yeah, that bush could make a fortune as a postal depot. O.o.

In serious terms, though, I did have a rant to ebay about this and discovered that they do not expect a signature for delivery on GSP items under £750. Which means that basically a courier can dump the item where they like, tell Ebay it is delivered and then the buyer is stuck. I think that's worth mentioning as if you send via ebay and paypal they expect you to provide tracking if you want to be protected as a seller and in those cases a signature is required. A serious doublestandard here in terms of item security and protection for a buyer.

I actually think that the only reason this item didn't end up under the bush is that coincidentally the other parcel came via the same delivery company and it did require a signature. So they had to knock on a door to get that, and my neighbour was in. Because of that, both items spent the night in the warm and dry. If not, the ebay ponies would definitely have spent the night in the bush in the rain.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 12:49:42 AM »
That is great news that your ponies are safe! Please post photo's  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 01:29:33 AM »
They're at home with my folks and I'm in London, so not possible! XD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 02:02:08 AM »
I've had similar mail problems, though no literate shrubbery:p  Stuff just gets dumped on the porch where it's visible from the street.

I've put out an opaque plastic and clearly labeled "PACKAGES" bin with a lid to at least corral the packages left on my porch.  I leave a note on my door for the postal service directing them to put packages in the bin.  It seems to work for the most part.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 07:16:56 AM »
This isn't about GSP but about package delivery. (My post is not about a GSP issue I mean.) ;)  I had a carrier that threw my packages from the driveway onto my porch and let them land anywhere she wanted. I confronted her nicely and asked her to stop doing that.  Then she was replaced by an army vet that has PTSD and walks with a leg brace.  He found out I was disabled and ever since he waves at me when he sees me, places my packages neatly on the table I have under the mailbox and rings my doorbell to let me know they are there.  Wow what a difference it makes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:29:52 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 08:21:17 AM »
It is about GSP because with normal post it comes via royal mail. They usually know our bush cannot sign for things. GSP means ebay choose the courier service on cost not reliability. You cannot do anything about it because ebay tracking doesnt let you know which company. Although we know who they use here, we don't have any control over arranging delivery times or a designated safe space.

GSP is not the end of the world and on heavy lots it can be the best option. But ebay decide not to protect the buyer by insisting on a signature and you have no say in that. With proper mail, you do.

GSP could work well if eBay addressed these issues...and the repackaging issues...but until they do it is a service designed to make the seller's life easier at the expense of the buyer. And that is true wherever the seller is. I have heard some horror stories about this delivery issue in europe when a UK seller insists on GSP. Packages abandoned in laybys and no protection offered....
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 10:29:01 AM »
Oh that is not what I meant.  When I said, "this isn't about GSP."  I meant that my post wasn't about a personal GSP problem, but was just relating about having packaged treated like trash for myself.  Sorry, I didn't mean it the way it read out there that I was challenge the issue with GSP.  That was not my intention.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 10:40:24 AM »
I did LOL about the bush being literate and signing for your packages  :lol:

Even in the US the postal service is extremely frustrating sometimes. I cannot tell you how many times things have gotten rerouted, or gone missing, or been left when they could have just rung the doorbell. And trying to get in to the call center is a complete nightmare ;(

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »
Oh that is not what I meant.  When I said, "this isn't about GSP."  I meant that my post wasn't about a personal GSP problem, but was just relating about having packaged treated like trash for myself.  Sorry, I didn't mean it the way it read out there that I was challenge the issue with GSP.  That was not my intention.

Ah, ok. Sorry for misreading you xD I was replying on the bus so was trying to make sure my post was as literate as my garden bush apparently is ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal