collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 373 times)

Offline Kmaa19

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
Hi!
« on: July 26, 2017, 08:22:36 PM »
Hi All, my name is Kris and I am a newbie...I have just started to add to my collection of My Little Ponies.  Most of my ponies are from my childhood and are very much loved.  I mainly have G1's and a couple of G3's. 

My Little Ponies were an integral part of my childhood and my first pony was a Twinkle Eye Gingerbread! I still have her, and been trying to restore her as she is quite discoloured. If anyone has tips, they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and looking forward to chatting with other enthusiasts.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:46:05 PM »
Hi welcome to the arena!

I love childhood ponies stories.  And I love Gingerbread.  She's a challenge though, because you can't sunfade her (she yellows not whitens in the sun) and she's prone to age spots.  I've accumulated a handful of Gingerbreads including one that's to be part of my study on age spots (also called pony cancer) but I haven't solved her special issues yet.  One of my favorite ponies is a Gingerbread that has discolored in a way that i really like. 

The place to go looking for restoration tips is our Pony Corral.  If you don't find the answers you need there, feel free to post a question asking for advice, and you can get more useful answers if you are able to post a picture of the pony/issue you want help with.  We have a lot of people with a lot of helpful knowledge to help you get the best results possible!

We love to see pics of your ponies so if you'd like to share some, those go in the Pony Brag forum.  There's a lot more forums too, so look around and make yourself at home.  We hope you have a great time with us!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 12:14:08 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :newpony:

Gingerbread is such a lovely pony!  Good luck in your restoration of your childhood beauty!

Look forward to seeing you around the forum :)

Offline Kmaa19

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »
Thanks!  I will definitely post pictures of my ponies, as well as hunt around for advice on restoring some of the ponies that I do have.

I really appreciate the support from people here, as it is so nice to be around other people who enjoy my little pony's

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 01:01:07 AM »
Welcome!
Ah, sweet Gingerbread, a lovely childhood pony!  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal