collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beware ebay seller: funko_pops_dorbz  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Beware ebay seller: funko_pops_dorbz
« on: July 26, 2017, 03:46:47 PM »
Beware ebay seller: funko_pops_dorbz, paypal: ToyUsa2011

I bought 4 of his BIN My Little Pony Loyal Subject ponies including the chase figure "Snuzzle," and the listings stated: shipping $3.50, each additional item is free. 

I tried to request an invoice, but ebay stated "seller requires immediate payment" so I paid for all four along with $14.00 in shipping and then sent this note with the payment: "Hi :) Your listing says each additional item ships free, and I just bought four of these Loyal Subject My Little Ponies. May I please get a refund on the shipping? :) I tried to request an invoice, but ebay said it needed to be paid right away."

Seller: New message from: funko_pops_dorbz
Just saw your note on the purchase
Our ad doesn't state shipping is free after 1. Priority Shipping to your address for 4 of these is gonna cost $12+. If you still want them let me know if not I'll Cancel the order.
Please message in advance of purchasing if there is ever a question on combined shipping.

Me: Hi, I'm a little confused, I've attached a picture of your listing, which shows that shipping for one is $3.50, and each additional item is free. I do still want the items.
I also did attempt to message before ordering, but as I stated in both messages, ebay would not let me send an invoice or message, I had to pay right away. :)

seller: I see this being an issue going forward
I have cancelled the entire order and money has been refunded to your account
Please Contact sellers beforehand about combining shipping in the future
Thanks

me:  Why did you just randomly cancel my purchase? I stated very clearly that I still wanted the items. I will be reporting this to ebay!

seller:  No, You have been demanding that I ship all items for $3.50, so therefore order has been cancelled.
You need to contact sellers with your demands before purchasing items and demanding shipping refunds,.

me:  I never demanded anything. YOU however are being rude and unprofessional. I will be leaving negative feedback and I have reported you to ebay.

seller: Learn to use eBay properly
By asking Any questions first before bidding

What?!  I've never dealt with someone who has had such a short fuse!  I didn't demand anything, and these were not bids, they were BIN.  I checked his seller feedback and he apparently has a history of cancelling payments and then re-selling the same item for a higher price.  I then went and checked listings, and lo and behold, the same items were up and for a higher amount.   Avoid a possible headache and steer clear of this person.   

Screenshot of one of his auctions that I bought.  Hope this image thing works, I'm not the best at posting pictures.  ^.^
https://ibb.co/cx9xFQ
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:14:01 PM by Nimrodel »
I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Beware ebay seller: funko_pops_dorbz
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:50:06 PM »
How awful!!  Definitely a seller to avoid.  I'm sorry you had to go through this... :huh:
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »
jfc, some people. Hope they get that eBay banhammer.

Oh, and you've gotta love how this guy tried playing the victim here. Geez. >_<
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:20:20 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 04:16:37 PM »
Wow. I almost bought some of those Loyal Subject ponies from him, but after seeing this I think I won't. All of his listings are showing free shipping now on Ebay.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Nimrodel

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 07:25:24 PM »
Thanks guys, honestly, I was really taken aback.  Issues on ebay are few and far between, but this one will stay with me.  It's a bummer though, I really wanted to buy them, and frankly, I would have just paid the extra shipping if he had given me the chance, but he jumped the gun!  He just cancelled the auctions; so I'll take my chances with Big Bad Toy Store blind boxes.  No drama there.   :biggrin:

PonyFan:  You totally dodged a bullet there.  Yup, that was his third iteration for those ponies.   

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 01:55:01 AM »
Wow. I almost bought some of those Loyal Subject ponies from him, but after seeing this I think I won't. All of his listings are showing free shipping now on Ebay.

Ponyfan

Sounds like he put the price up to include the shipping cost he wants so that nobody else can dispute his arbitrary postal pricing. If it says it in the listing then he's bound by it, so the onus is on him. Sorry you lost out on this sale, but probably better for you going forward.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
I actually just bought some of those figures from this seller. I did ask before I BINed them if he combines shipping and he said he does and gave me a list of how much shipping is for additional ponies. It was not free for additional ponies, but it was a reduced amount for each additional one. I was satisfied with that, but did wait until today to purchase some of the ponies because I was waiting to see if he'd get another one I really wanted and he finally did. ;)

But yes, he now has the ponies all marked with "free shipping". Their price is a little higher than they were before ($18 now instead of $15 each) to include the price of shipping he wants per item I guess. So, I guess that's how he fixed the combined shipping issues.

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with him, but he does have really good feedback and I'm hoping all will go well with my transaction. Thanks for bringing this issue up, though! Just so I know to be wary. Wish I had seen this before I paid for my ponies, but hopefully all will go well anyway.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 10:39:23 AM »
*adds to list*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Nibbles666

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • I'm a g1/g3 my little pony mommy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »
I had just received my BIN order from this seller and everything was just as described, shipped out fast, packaged very well with plenty of popcorns, everything sealed in a brand new priority box. I had not seen a "free shipping" on my BIN, the rate was on the listing, so no hidden agenda there. So this seller gets a positive from me.

Sorry some has had some troubles. The problems could be with how ebay has their site and the way you set up your sale pages. I keep running into sellers that say they combine shipping but when I get to "your cart" with multiple items from their store and hit the "request total" button on the upper right, I get an error from ebay saying the seller does not combine shipping charges. This is an issue some sellers know about but don't know how to get to that particular setting or it's on ebay's end. Sometimes it's not the sellers fault, other times it is.
:green:  :hearts:

Offline Nimrodel

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »
Taffeta:  That could totally be the case.  I wouldn't have minded paying the extra, what is frustrating though is his attitude and just arbitrarily cancelling my orders without any reason. His inflexibility was shocking and messages rather insulting.   :shocked:  :(

Teddy & Nibles666:  I'm really glad you guys didn't have any issues.  :)  I'm not sure what I did to set him off, but I wish he had allowed me to talk to him first.   :cry:

Screenshot of one of his auctions that I bought.  Hope this image thing works, I'm not the best at posting pictures.  ^.^
https://ibb.co/cx9xFQ
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:12:34 PM by Nimrodel »

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »
I just received my order as well. Super-crazy fast shipping and very well packed. Zero problems with this seller myself. Sorry you had a bad experience with him, but glad he came through with my auction. Still no excuse for him to have been so rude to you, though. :/

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

lostpony

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 11:11:19 AM »
To the OP, I had the exact same experience with another seller once on eBay where my order was cancelled without my permission due to the seller refusing to honor their own written terms.

eBay was most cooperative and you should open a dispute.  I remember it was kinda complicated and difficult to get it done but if you figure it out and get to talk with a person there about it, you will be in the right here.  While eBay cannot force the seller to restore the transaction, they will put a black mark on the seller's record for wrongfully cancelling an order that will contribute to getting him shut down, and this means it could be possible to leverage the seller to honor the terms of the deal.

As Taffeta says, the written terms of the auction listing are rigidly enforceable by ebay, and is also a binding legal contract and the seller does not have the right to back out if you do not accept extra charges.

I had a different experience with this seller for these same figures.  I received my figures without the boxes, and the seller says the boxes are "no good" and were discarded.  To me, stating they are new ("BRAND NEW" in the subject line and "fresh out of case" in the description) implies that they have their new packaging, but that was not clearly stated so it is a less certain situation than yours and I'm still deciding what to do about it.

mine (one of three and each did require its own the $3.50 shipping):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-The-Loyal-Subjects-MY-LITTLE-PONY-MLP-Minty-2017-IN-STOCK/222593024479?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

edit:  I've asked the seller to salvage some boxes from the next case before discarding them, and send them to me at my cost.  We'll see if they play ball. update:  they're agreeing to send me the boxes from their next case.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:18:37 PM by lostpony »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 03:18:06 PM »

edit:  I've asked the seller to salvage some boxes from the next case before discarding them, and send them to me at my cost.  We'll see if they play ball. update:  they're agreeing to send me the boxes from their next case.

EESH.  Hopefully the next buyer is aware of the fact that theirs won't come with boxes either.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Nimrodel

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 07:18:45 PM »
Teddy:  Yay, I'm glad you didn't have any issues and got your ponies.  :)  That's a relief! 

LostPony:  Oh wow, I'm really sorry you had an issue with him too.  :-S  And you're right, usually when I order a blind box and they're listed as "brand new" then the box is usually included.  :-S   I did actually contact ebay and they looked at the correspondences and sided with me.  The really nice ebay person said they unfortunately cannot make the seller do anything, but they have added a "black mark" to his account, not sure what that means, lol at self.

Btw, I did buy several blind boxes from BBTS and I never keep the boxes, so if you're interested and are in the US, I'd be happy to just send them to you.  :)  They're on pre-order right now, but just send a PM if you'd like them.  :)  If shipping is less than $2, you don't even need to send me money, I'm happy to help a fellow collector.  ^.^

lostpony

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 08:56:30 PM »
I didn't even realize I cared about the boxes until they arrived without them and I was like, Heyy.

I usually buy stuff used and I guess I've never had a G1 pony thing new really so I guess I just wanted my boxes, haha.

Thanks so much Nimrodel for your super-generous offer!

Perhaps I would do better to try and convince the seller to either include the original boxes in their future listings, or to state that they are not included?  It doesn't seem they grasp that some of us expect the boxes, and my interaction with them makes it seem like they aren't terrible on purpose or anything like that, even if they were abrupt and callous in the misunderstanding with Nimrodel.  Their current auction listings do seem to accurately reflect their shipping policy.

Just a side note to those who are still interested in eBaying these figures and care about the box, the next-higher-priced seller, coastiedave65, has politely confirmed that they do include the boxes.

I hope this helps.  I want us all to have wonderful eBay experiences and I really hate having something to complain about when buying ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal