collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beware ebay seller: funko_pops_dorbz  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Re: Beware ebay seller: funko_pops_dorbz
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »
Glad you are getting the boxes, lostpony! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 08:44:43 AM »
Sorry about all the bad experiences everyone!

Lostpony - I went and had a look at that listing. It states that the item has been OPENED, not that the boxes are missing. So to me that means the box is there, but no longer sealed. I would be upset too.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 09:50:54 AM »
But as this thread shows, this is a seller who is oblique with the information in their listing and would probably argue that no mention of a box doesn't mean that it should be included.

Though I don't really understand why you would sell items to collectors without a part of the overall product. It's well known that collectors of most things like to have the package the item came in if it's a new item, even if ultimately they choose not to keep it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 06:52:39 PM »
I didn't even realize I cared about the boxes until they arrived without them and I was like, Heyy.

I usually buy stuff used and I guess I've never had a G1 pony thing new really so I guess I just wanted my boxes, haha.

Thanks so much Nimrodel for your super-generous offer!

Perhaps I would do better to try and convince the seller to either include the original boxes in their future listings, or to state that they are not included?  It doesn't seem they grasp that some of us expect the boxes, and my interaction with them makes it seem like they aren't terrible on purpose or anything like that, even if they were abrupt and callous in the misunderstanding with Nimrodel.  Their current auction listings do seem to accurately reflect their shipping policy.

Just a side note to those who are still interested in eBaying these figures and care about the box, the next-higher-priced seller, coastiedave65, has politely confirmed that they do include the boxes.

I hope this helps.  I want us all to have wonderful eBay experiences and I really hate having something to complain about when buying ponies.

We just got back from visiting friends in IA, and we stopped at a Books A Million and they had ponies!  :-D  :happy:   I have four boxes if you'd like them.  Some of them are a little worse for the wear,  :blush:  I admit, I was pretty excited when I was opening them and I momentarily forgot that I should keep them in good shape.  My apologies.  Just the tops/bottoms have a few issues.  Would you like them?  And if so, would you like the foil packages as well?  If so, send me your address, and I'll try to get them in the mail this week.  I'll send them flat via bubble envelope.  :)
I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »
Thanks Nimrodel!  I pm'ed you my address.  I really appreciate it!

The seller did promise to send them to me recently but then has not yet done so....I'm curious if the seller will actually send them or not.  My feedback will either be positive and state that the seller has good customer service (and whether the lack of boxes will be mentioned will depend on whether the seller agrees to add the lack of a box to their listings when they are not included) or will be neutral and complain of missing boxes.  I despise leaving negative feedback and I don't think I've ever done it actually.  Never even left neutral...it's just not my thing.  I am always by definition pleased with an ebay transaction, after almost 20 years and hundreds of transactions.  I love leaving positive feedback; it's part of the joy.  I always say "100% satisfied" or "I love the ponies and this seller" or some such thing, and I think the worst feedback I ever left was positive with a simple "ok" and that was only a couple of times.  I really hope I am not forced to leave less than positive feedback this time but leaving no feedback at all won't warn new buyers that the boxes may not be included.  I hope the seller straightens out.

Nonetheless, thank you very much Nimrodel!  And everyone else for the good wishes and support.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:30:57 PM by lostpony »

Offline Nimrodel

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 11:27:10 AM »
Hey there  :)  Just wanted to make sure you got the boxes?  :)

Offline Nimrodel

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 10:06:43 PM »
Hi Lostpony: I checked, and USPS says it was delivered Friday, Sept 18th.  I just wanted to confirm that you received everything?

And thanks so much for being willing to pay for shipping!  :-D  Still waiting for it to come through paypal.  :)

I tried to send you a personal message with this info, but it says that you no longer receive personal messages?   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal