Creativity > Customs

Pony wigs? ~UPDATE~FINISHED (PICS)

(1/3) > >>

artful_fox_customs:
Has anyone ever tried making wigs for the mlp dolls? Anyone ever had the idea? Because I'm testing to see how well it could work. I'm currently making the wig cap and will be making yarn wefts for it. I am using an 8in RD bait that I have as my head base.

If you have ever made, or thought of making, a wig for an mlp doll, let me know!

:art: :what: :good:

Update 1: So, I have been periodically working on the wig, and so far so good. I had made a whole head wig cap when I originally started, and it was a snug fit like you would expect for a MH doll or similar, but I decided to do the left side only and so I cut it and obviously it's no longer snug. I've gotten quite a few wefts on now, and I'm really happy with it. I've started doing her face up to go along with the hair, but now I'm wondering how I'm going to do her tail... But yeah. So far so good!

Update 2: The wig is finally finished! I actually seen a tutorial for a wig cap for MH dolls with ears so I might make another one, but I am super pleased with this anyways! Below will be how it looks. I have her tail in her as well now too.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well, it was an adventure for sure, but I had fun. Anyways, I'll probably make another one here pretty soon and post it to my etsy, just to see.
~A.F.C.~

True:
Thats a really interesting idea o.o
I imagine it might not be as "snug" as a dome headed wig, but maybe it could work?

NixieLynx:
Nice! Can't wait for the result!

artful_fox_customs:

--- Quote from: NixieLynx on July 31, 2017, 08:14:50 AM ---Nice! Can't wait for the result!

--- End quote ---

Thanks! By the way I REALLY love your pfp!

True:
Wow! That looks fabulous!
Id be interested in seeing the cap process and how you modified it to fit a pony!
I mean if I didnt know better I would just think it was rooted in like any other custom, it looks great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version