collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seller: xa-electronics  (Read 1687 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Seller: xa-electronics
« on: July 22, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »
I've never had an ebay seller cancel a BIN before, and yet I've had 2 sellers do so within the last week.

The first seller emailed me saying that before packing the item for shipping, she realized the supplement I'd bought had expired and asked if I wanted a 50% refund or to cancel the order. I said if it's expired, then we should cancel. She cancelled the order citing "Order cancelled per buyer's request."

With the second seller, I paid immediately after hitting the BIN button. Then 30 minutes later, the seller opened a case requesting a cancellation citing "Seller and buyer disagree over terms." There was no message explaining or anything. Just an opened case and a refund. I granted the cancellation request since the seller had refunded me. Now I see on ebay that they've relisted the item I'd bought and have it listed at a higher price. That's pretty shady. And their feedback shows other buyers complaining of the same behavior with other items.

I'm irked because this is annoying, and I'd like to leave feedback in the case of the latter, but the item no longer shows in my history.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:33:59 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Two Sellers, Two Cancellations in Less Than a Week
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »
That sounds very frustrating!  I had the same thing happen with a pony shirt except I won the bid for super cheap then they tell me, sorry the items out of stock.

I've had more problems with buyers requesting cancellation claiming they no longer want the item or don't have the funds.

eBay seems to be super irritating lately :/

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 12:26:23 AM »
Urgh how annoying! I think you should be allowed to leave feedback on cancellations if they were initially paid for, as it was technically still a purchase.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 04:40:17 PM »
Isn't it a policy violation to cancel a sale just to relist an item at a higher price? I can't find anything in ebay policies about this, nor can I find any contact info for ebay. I think the matter warrants appropriate feedback and I'm not sure why the item isn't listed in my history so I can do so. Anyone have any thoughts on applicable policies, etc...?

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 04:46:52 PM »
I don't think you can leave feedback for a cancellation, as the transaction was void. I personally think it should work the same was as a dispute, since those transactions end the same way, voiding the transaction. I guess it's a policy that stops people buying and then cancelling just to leave feedback, like retaliatory, or shill bidders leaving positive feedback after a cancellation.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 05:15:20 PM »
Sorry, Stormness. I was unclear in my last post. I mean does anyone know the policies as far as cancelling a sale just so an item can be relisted at a higher price? Their feedback shows they've done that with quite a few sales.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 05:39:01 AM »
So, two things. I recently had an auction cancelled because of a seller error but the positive feedback from them remains. Seller relisted the item so we could repeat the transaction  (they messed up sending my item to someone else and so when it was returned we figured it out.).

Second thing, a seller I looked at lately had a negative for cancellation of the sale. This was left by the buyer.

It must be possible. I do not know how, but I can still access the original sale of my auction as well as the new one.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 04:30:56 PM »
So, two things. I recently had an auction cancelled because of a seller error but the positive feedback from them remains. Seller relisted the item so we could repeat the transaction  (they messed up sending my item to someone else and so when it was returned we figured it out.).

Second thing, a seller I looked at lately had a negative for cancellation of the sale. This was left by the buyer.

It must be possible. I do not know how, but I can still access the original sale of my auction as well as the new one.

Interesting.... I can only access the cancelled cases I have via my case history, but all I can see is the case result and order details. I figured Stormness had raised a good point that made sense about ebay wanting to prevent retaliatory feedback. I've seen where other buyers have left negatives for this seller for pulling this same stunt with other sales and just figured they'd left the feedback before the cases were resolved.

Either way, I got my money back, so after sleeping on the matter I decided it's a minor inconvenience that doesn't deserve the amount of thought I originally gave it.

Thanks so much for the insight, ladies. :) :).

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 04:53:47 AM »
Ugh that's really annoying I know! :throw: @ ebay
As a seller I've had someone buy a pony from me recently only to have them ask me to cancel the order just before I shipped :(

As a buyer.. well I had a very bad case a few years back when a shady seller cancelled on me and refunded me only  to relist the items I'd won for about 3 times the price right away. I actually did leave a neg feedback and I reported them to ebay. Ebay did actually do something about that particular seller ;)  So.. I would say report - especially if they do it often, but even just in your situation I would report that seller. What they did was wrong and they lied about the reason for cancellation, plus the proof that they wanted to resell at a higher price is right there in that new listing of the same item  :awake:

About leaving feedback for cancelled items... I haven't had any issues with that. I can see it's giving me the option to leave feedback for the recent buyer who cancelled on me  (I haven't left feedback for them and they haven't left feedback for me either) . I;ve also been able to leave feedback in the past for a situation like yours  (I left a neg) . It seems kind of random that its not allowing you the option to leave feedback but some of us can do it... are you using the main site or mobile? not sure if that makes any difference though :wonder:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
Seller: xa-electronics
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 04:30:28 PM »
I did finally find the transactions listed with those to leave feedback for. For the seller that cancelled the order 30 mins after I paid and said there was a "disagreement over terms" I left the seller a neutral and just wrote "Seller cancelled sale for no reason. Listed item at a higher price. No communication." Since they did promptly give me my money back, I decided not to leave a negative. But there are like 50+ complaints from other buyers citing similar behavior regarding a wide variety of items just within the last month.

The seller is xa-electronics. I've added their name to the title of this thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal