collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Identification Help - Please shine a light.  (Read 433 times)

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Identification Help - Please shine a light.
« on: July 22, 2017, 07:21:13 AM »
 :glitter:Hello Everypony :glitter:

Okay no idea where to post this so mods feel free to move this post to where it is supposed to go.

Can anyone tell me if this cape/blanket with my Keyper Diamond Dash is original or who it supposed to go with. Because I can not find the answer anywhere I have look high & low with no luck  :lol:
There is no label on the other side.

Personally I am thinking it did originally belong to a Keyper, but which horse it goes with no idea. I know there were a few variants of her in the UK & Europe (I am in the UK).
The reason I think this is because the Silver metallic is the same fabric as the purple metallic on Diamond Dash's bridal.
It also fits her so perfectly... including around the keyhole. 
(maybe I am completely wrong though  :P :blush: )

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you for any help  :biggrin: hopefully someone can tell me what the blanket/cape is, it's driving me nuts  :lol: I like to know what accessories go with who.

Lollipop  ^.^
 :lovey:

edited to add: As per Taffeta's suggestion... Does anyone know of a Tonka Toy a similar shape/size to Diamond Dash? That may of had this cape/blanket thing?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:38:13 AM by Lollipop »
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Identification Help - Please shine a light.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »
There is a Keypers ID site somewhere which I found helpful when selling my stuff some time back. I don't think that colour is with original Diamond but I can't remember...hang on...going to see if I can find the site for you.

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/keypers-ponies.php

This is it. Not hers by the looks...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 08:23:53 AM »
It definitely didn't come with that particular version of Diamond in Canada, at least.  We got her with the bridle only.

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/keypers.php
Doesn't show up in any of the promotional scans but that's hardly conclusive.  They're known to be rife with inconsistencies to the final production run.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 08:32:05 AM »
At one point I had all of the Diamonds available here and the two weird horses below her (I don't know if they have names, I still have them I think somewhere) and none of them ever had the capes, but I got most of mine from a second hand sale. I went through a period of picking up every keyper I saw in the nineties, but I ran out of space so I got rid of them. Still, I've never seen that cape before. If it's the same type of fabric, maybe another Tonka toy line?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 09:36:19 AM »
There is a Keypers ID site somewhere which I found helpful when selling my stuff some time back. I don't think that colour is with original Diamond but I can't remember...hang on...going to see if I can find the site for you.

This is it. Not hers by the looks...
At one point I had all of the Diamonds available here and the two weird horses below her (I don't know if they have names, I still have them I think somewhere) and none of them ever had the capes, but I got most of mine from a second hand sale. I went through a period of picking up every keyper I saw in the nineties, but I ran out of space so I got rid of them. Still, I've never seen that cape before. If it's the same type of fabric, maybe another Tonka toy line?

Thank you  ^.^  :hug: yes I saw that site & couldn't see it anywhere on there. I was thinking it would look good on the 'Jewellery Pony' as that seems to have that shade of blue/turquoise in it already.
As far as I can see on that site & in the pictures of the MIB ones there is no cape.

Perhaps it is another Tonka Toy line..  would have to be one that is a similar shape I think as it just fits & sits so perfectly on Diamond Dash.

It definitely didn't come with that particular version of Diamond in Canada, at least.  We got her with the bridle only.

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/keypers.php
Doesn't show up in any of the promotional scans but that's hardly conclusive.  They're known to be rife with inconsistencies to the final production run.

Thank you ^.^  :hug: hmm perhaps someone got bored at the factory & had a scraps of fabric & decided to make Diamond Dash a cape  :lol:
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal