collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Care Bears - Region 4 DVD help?!  (Read 797 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Care Bears - Region 4 DVD help?!
« on: July 21, 2017, 05:12:49 AM »
Hey there Care Bear enthusiasts!

I'm hoping (okay, praying!) that someone can help me to figure out the world of Care Bear DVD releases in Region 4 (English), I'm beyond confused trying to figure out what to actually get so I'm not doubling up too much!

The Original Nelvana series, "The Care Bear Family", and the first 5 movies I have a handle on, mostly. There is that boxed set with the crayons that confuses me somewhat though, it similarly to the MLP one, covers half the series (MLP one had Tales 1 & 2), however, I can't seem to find any info on the included discs being released outside of the set, or the other half of the set to complement them. Colour me confused! At this point I think I'll track down the original older volume sets, they're more straightforward!!

The very first season and the specials really confuses me. Firstly, no record of the specials on DVD anywhere that I can find, let alone the region codes. Sounds just like MLP in that regard!

Secondly, I'm only finding a few episodes of the original series from DiC released in region 4, on 2 DVDs from Jigsaw in NZ, "Daydreams" & "The Last Laugh", 6 out of the 11. Again a half series. Urgh! Does anyone know of a complete R4 set? Looks like I might have to go out of region to get that series, I'm up for a new DVD player anyhow, so might have to go for something region unlockable.

Fast Forward to the Adventure In Care-a-Lot series, and the region 4 complete collection set that has 48 Episodes. I'm confused, again... If you go by the wiki, each episode has 2 stories, so there are only 26 episodes. Okay, so they mean stories individually, so okay that's about.. okay, no, that's 52, still not right. So I'll take the 2-parters out, so that's Emma's Dilemma part II & Broken part II, and that's still 50 episodes.. What's missing from it?! I'm assuming Those last two episodes are maybe counted as specials being longer, and were left out? If so, that works because of the Grizzly's Adventures DVD, which just has those 2, but I'm not 100% sure... Then there's the Ups & Downs DVD, that lists the included episodes as "Cheer Up" & "Down To Earth", neither of which I've ever heard of?! What on earth....?!

I haven't even started on Welcome To Care-a-Lot, It seems like a massive pain in the rear. In MLP, they had similar 4 DVD boxed sets as the care bears "Belly Badge Collection", the dream valley set which was the g3 & 3.5 movies, and the G4 one (the name escapes me right now, and it's gone from the website) which contained the entire season 4 DVD set, nice and tidy. Is this the case with the Care Bears set? Does it cover the entire 1st season? Probably not, it doesn't look like there's enough episodes per DVD... If not, what else would I need to complete the season?

Can someone pretty please help to clear this up a bit for me? Or point me toward some good resources? There's heaps online from collectors about the toys, but not much aside from wikipedia about the media side of things that I could find! What I've got so far is from a combo of dvd cover images I found on google & ebay, and the wiki info to cross reference.

OOOOHHH... one last question! When I was a child, I had a VHS tape with a few stories on it from the Little Golden Books series. There was Care Bears, Poky Little Puppy, and a Sailor Dog I think. Now those episodes I'm remembering as a reading of the books, with illustrations from the books thrown up to make a video. Does anyone else remember these? There was the trouble with timothy, and another one I can't remember which though! I'd love to get them again, (the artwork was beautiful!) but I just know they won't exist on DVD, and my DVD player that just died was my VHS/DVD combo player, and I doubt I'm going to be able to get another of those, at least not new, so I'm guessing they're lost forever unless anyone's seen them uploaded online anywhere? I don't actually have the VHS anymore, but I've seen them for sale around the place, it jogged my memory, and now I want it back!!

Sorry for the crazily formatted post, I'm pretty tired today! Any help would be graciously accepted, this community is so awesome at stuff like this!

:help: :what:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:15:43 AM by Stormness_1 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Care Bears - Region 4 DVD help?!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 06:30:29 AM »
I can't help much with the Care Bears episodes on the Region 4 DVDs but I can help with the Golden Book stories and Care Bear ones. I had 3 of the Golden Book animated storybook videos and some of the Care Bear stories were included on one of my Care Bear videos.

Here's Pokey Puppy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J54xb2s-2oA&list=PLFA97A3A1DA950D42

Sailor Dog  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5nWPIltOTg&index=2&list=PLFA97A3A1DA950D42

The Trouble with Timothy and other Care Bear stories 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpGFgW9FpDg

I loved those animated Little Golden Book videos too. :lovey: :lovey:  I had Peter Rabbit, Polly's Pet and Richard Scarry fairy Tales

Here's a few from the videos I had

Richard Scarry Goldielocks and the three Bears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juvUfr4H77U

What was that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I91J6xSxw4o

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Care Bears - Region 4 DVD help?!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 06:54:21 AM »
Thanks Ponyfan! That's awesome, I thought I'd never find them! I might even burn them onto a DVD and crop a scan of the VHS label to fit, then I can put it on the shelf like my old VHS one! I never saw the care bears on an actual Golden book, but I do have the Pokey Puppy ones. I guess that's going on my wish list as well, eek!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal