collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Animator Dolls Question  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Disney Animator Dolls Question
« on: July 18, 2017, 12:28:22 PM »
I remember seeing the thread about Disney Stores not selling them anymore, maybe it's just certain stores or all stores.  It seems though that Disney comes up with a new doll every now and then.  Alice from Alice In Wonderland was released not too long ago.  I'm disappointed with how her face looks and I was really hoping they would make this doll but I can't buy her.  I'm hoping they make a Peter Pan one to go with Tinkerbell.

So, my question is Moana probably would have been in the makings for a Disney Animator doll but they are selling this doll which I just bought on amazon:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It isn't labeled as a Disney Animator doll it just states it's a toddler doll but based on reviews I saw on youtube it seems to be Disney Animator quality.  I only have four Disney Animator dolls though.

Then, while searching to buy a Moana doll I saw this:

I'm confused, because I thought you got the disney animator doll mini sets after the release of a disney animator doll but Moana didn't get one. 

Are the Disney Animator dolls online Disney Store exclusives or are they not making them anymore?  I checked the website through the Disney Store that shows the dolls but it hasn't shown anything new for a while.

I bought the toddler doll, because it's so cute and it seems to be Disney Animator Doll quality but I don't know if it's true.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Animator Dolls Question
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 01:36:23 PM »
I have the bigger Moana toddler doll. She's adorable and great quality. In the past they've made a "regular" toddler doll before making a DAC doll. I know they did that with Merida. And it seems like it was quite a while after Frozen came out before we started seeing DAC dolls of Anna and Elsa. Maybe this one needs to sell out first?

I don't have the mini Moana DAC doll... yet. But I agree that it's odd the mini came out first.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 04:50:28 PM »
I have the bigger Moana toddler doll. She's adorable and great quality. In the past they've made a "regular" toddler doll before making a DAC doll. I know they did that with Merida. And it seems like it was quite a while after Frozen came out before we started seeing DAC dolls of Anna and Elsa. Maybe this one needs to sell out first?

I don't have the mini Moana DAC doll... yet. But I agree that it's odd the mini came out first.

Now I'm worried, because I'd rather have the Disney Animators version and if they come out with one later on I'd probably regret getting the the toddler version.  I wanted to be prepared though in case they didn't make a Disney Animators version.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:52:06 PM by Majesty »

Offline Brilliant Bloom

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 01:24:12 AM »
I collect the Animators Collection dolls and have all of the big Animators dolls, and so I wrote a few weeks ago to Disney in germany, if they will release a Animators Moana (in germany her name is Vaiana), because I want to have my collection complete. They told me, that they don`t publish a Moana Animators doll, because Moana is seen in the film as a toddler and so the Animators Collection animators don`t have to think about how she would look as a toddler. So I bought the Moana toddler doll from your picture. I think, she is so sweet!

Hope, that helps. :)

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 09:42:16 AM »

Now I'm worried, because I'd rather have the Disney Animators version and if they come out with one later on I'd probably regret getting the the toddler version.  I wanted to be prepared though in case they didn't make a Disney Animators version.

I got this version because I really liked the sand on her feet. I didn't think that detail would be on the DAC doll. Plus the first edition dolls tend to be the most expensive in the future. Look at the first Rapunzle toddler doll that the Disney Store released.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 10:59:30 AM »
The sand on her feet is just adorable!  I love the Moana toddler doll; if I spot her at thrift, she'll be all mine! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »
I collect the Animators Collection dolls and have all of the big Animators dolls, and so I wrote a few weeks ago to Disney in germany, if they will release a Animators Moana (in germany her name is Vaiana), because I want to have my collection complete. They told me, that they don`t publish a Moana Animators doll, because Moana is seen in the film as a toddler and so the Animators Collection animators don`t have to think about how she would look as a toddler. So I bought the Moana toddler doll from your picture. I think, she is so sweet!

That doesn't make any sense! Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Elsa and Anna were all shown as toddlers/young children in their movies and they got DAC dolls.

sailorstitch

Offline Brilliant Bloom

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 01:46:44 PM »

That doesn't make any sense! Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Elsa and Anna were all shown as toddlers/young children in their movies and they got DAC dolls.

sailorstitch
Yes, I know. But this is exact what they answered to me. I checked the email I got from disney in april, and there the employee tell this to me. Well, I'm very curious to see whether an Animators Collection Moana will be published or not.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 03:03:53 PM »
That's weird how Disney said that but they released a mini disney animator doll with Moana.  So pretty much I can consider this an animator doll but not since they don't plan on releasing one.  Is it the same height as an animator doll and same plastic quality?  I already ordered it I just wanted to discuss it. :)

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 04:49:20 PM »
Same height and quality, but the body mold is different.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 06:21:33 AM »
Same height and quality, but the body mold is different.

Thanks sailorstitch. :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 09:15:06 PM »
I wouldn't put it past Disney to change their minds and release an Animator doll in another year or so, though, if there is enough fan outcry. 

I still think the current toddler Moana doll is cute, though.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Brilliant Bloom

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 12:41:03 PM »
Moana (Vaiana) is now at the online german Disneystore available. :) http://www.disneystore.de/disney-animators-collection---vaiana---vaiana-puppe-460025158160.html She looks like the other version.

Aaaand: Flynn Rider! http://www.disneystore.de/rapunzel---neu-verfoehnt---flynn-rider-animator-puppe-460025361430.html

I ordered them both. I will gift my other Moana to a special person. But I don`t know, why the employee told me, that they will not release a Moana Animators doll when I asked them.  Anyway I`m glad, that I will have Moana as a Animators doll. :)

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 01:32:23 PM »
She's on the US site too.

https://www.disneystore.com/dolls-disney-animators-collection-moana-doll---16/mp/1438238/1000259/

And the US site still has the original one. I find it very strange that they didn't change anything.

sailorstitch

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 12:54:43 AM »
Here in U.K we have both versions of the Disney Store Animators dolls the big and the mini (both came out when the movie was at the cinema).

I think the t depends where you live when the Disney Store release the Animators dolls.

I've got two of them Mulan, and Rapunzel.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal