collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ⚠️Newbie Alert⚠️  (Read 716 times)

Purple-pink-pony-poo

• Trade Count: (0)
⚠️Newbie Alert⚠️
« on: July 18, 2017, 01:50:46 AM »
Hello there.

I'm a mother of 5 from Liverpool, UK.

After some of my childhood collection returned from the Land of the Loft at the beginning of this year, after an almost 30 year hiatus, my love affair with g1 My Little Pony pretty much started where it left off.

Sadly, my ponies appeared to have fought their share of monsters and demon barbers over the years (i.e my little sisters). Even so, dirty, dusty and dimished in numbers, those ponies are at the head of my collection. I now have around 70 other ponies plus some homes, accessories and other g1 merchanise. And theres always more on the way.

I have not had any luck in charity shops or car boot sales so I do mainly buy from ebay. I dont sell my ponies and, as yet, havent ever traded but I'm always open to new things.

I don't do restorations or customs (not brave enough yet). Ive also just started posting pony pics on instagram after cleaning them up and styling their hair. I love nosing through others pony pics too plus, I see it as a way of cataloging my collection for myself and reference for others.

Offline mylittELLEpony

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • #SaveTheG1s
    • View Profile
    • my collection catalog (IG)
Re: ⚠️Newbie Alert⚠️
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:58:51 AM »
Welcome! I just started an IG for my collection, too, which is what made me want to become more active in the collector community and join up here.  :) Which of your childhood ponies is your favorite?
You can see my collection on InstaGram @ mylittELLEpony  :lovey:

Purple-pink-pony-poo

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 09:09:24 AM »
Hi

Post Merge: July 18, 2017, 09:47:45 AM

:shocked: What happened there? I wrote a long reply and all that popped up was Hi? Apologies x

Applejack was my all time favourite even though she was never in my collection as a kid. I asked, I begged, I cried but I must have been top on Father Christmas' naughty list.

So, as soon as I started collecting as an adult, of course the first pony I bought was Applejack (Bow Tie pose) swiftly followed by baby Applejack. Who's yours?

Instagram is fab isn't it? Bad for my bank balance though ha ha ha.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:47:45 AM by Purple-pink-pony-poo »

Offline mylittELLEpony

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • #SaveTheG1s
    • View Profile
    • my collection catalog (IG)
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »
My favorites as a child were Firefly (the one that came with the movie VHS) and Goldilocks. I love them now, but I don't have my childhood ponies anymore so they're not the same. My favorite of my current collection is probably Coco Berry. She smells amazing.
You can see my collection on InstaGram @ mylittELLEpony  :lovey:

lostpony

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 02:35:25 PM »
Hi welcome to the arena!

I'm sure shopping for clothes for 5 you get a chance to ponyhunt if you pick the right thrift stores...a great way to keep down the pony price when you actually find any!

Be sure to check out the Pony Brag forum to see pics of ponies and the For Sale forum for better deals that you find elsewhere, and use the Search tool to see if any you are looking for are here before hunting them elsewhere....of course for me the problem is I get a whole big box at the same time this way but it's a good thing!

Lots of great cleanup and repair advice can be found in the Pony Corral and if you don't find the answers you are looking for, be sure to post your questions or the ponies you are having problems with and ask for advice, and you will get a variety of solutions from our experienced pony restorers, which helped me a whole lot in getting good results and in avoiding damaging mistakes!  Well, ehem, some mistakes anyway...

We also love to see your collection so feel free to share lots of pics of them in the Pony Brag forum and we especially like to see before and after pics because we love to see them getting all fixed up!

Lots of nice pony chit chat around here to so make yourself at home, and hope you have a great time!

Purple-pink-pony-poo

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 08:50:54 AM »

I didn't know there were scented ponies!! I guess my wish list just got bigger.

As soon as I've figured out how to pics, I will definitely post on the brag page. I absolutely adore my ever growing collection. I've just starting posting on instagram under purplepinkponypoo_g1 so have loads more ponies to photograph when I have the time.

I have been going to a few car boots but with no luck, maybe I just don't get there early enough. Through the week, after scouring local charity shops, I found my first ever g1 pony, Baby Lucky. I asked at the counter if they get ponies in often but the lady behind the counter said if they do come in but they're in a bit of a state they go straight to recycle. Gutted! Those poor ponies.

I'm not going to give up yet though!!!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 02:13:42 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

Look forward to seeing you around the forum!!!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 12:47:53 AM »
Welcome!  :happy:

Haha, you have deffo got the pony bug again! I love restoring/cleaning forgotten ponies too!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal