Pony Talk > Off Topic

Game of Thrones Season 7 SPOILERS GO HERE

(1/5) > >>

dragonfly:
Discuss!

dashesndots:
Loved it!

Still using spoiler tags, just in case...
SpoilerEspecially that cold open and Arya's scene with the soldiers.  I love how she came out and told them "I'm going to kill the queen." knowing that they wouldn't believe her.  Loved the dynamic between Sansa and Jon, and thankfully it does seem that although they are going to disagree on some things, they aren't going to try to drive a wedge between them (at least I hope) as she still seems incredibly irritated with / suspicious of Littlefinger - and please let it stay that way.  I hope Bran will be reunited with them soon.  Everything else was good, too.

Oh and Euron showing up at Cersei's court and acting crazy and insulting Jaime to his face, that was a great scene too. The "and I have two good hands" comment, wow.  I literally went "Ohhhhhhhhhh" to the TV, haha.

Lady Frostbite:
Spoiler- So! YES THAT OPENER! I knew from the shifty eyes (and, well, seeing his death the previous season!) that it was Arya, but I like how she was pretty in character for the hilarioulsy vile Walder Frey. A little softer than he would normally be, especially to his poor young wife, but she didn't have a lot of time to prepare. THE NORTH REMEMBERS!
I really hope this doesn't blow back on Jon and Sansa

- I was so so happy my stomach was empty and I wasn't eating for that utterly disgusting montage  :X Oh, Sam, I feel you. I was surprised he resorted to sneaking in, if I'm honest. It was nice there was a Maester that believed him, but the dismissal was still annoying. I liked the autopsy and mentioning the inflammed liver, the forensics part of me coming into play with that. Yay Gilly and Little Sam! Yay Gilly reading some more, difficult books as well!

- I honestly worry that Jon has lost some of his humanity with his resurrection. He's harder, more bitter and cynical ... but I saw glimpses of his prior soft heart and humanity with not only sparing Alice Karstark and Ned Umber, but having them pledge alleigence in a way that was stirring and awe-inspiring to the kids (making them feel big and important in a good way).
While I ABSOLUTELY see Sansa's point, I think the way Jon handled it was also good and hopefully this gives an overall good impression.

- Again, totally see Sansa's point and these two REALLY need a Hand of the North to translate each other's view of the world. Jon is hardcore Northerner and ZOMG ICE ZOMBIES ARE COMING whereas Sansa has had the terrible lessions of the South literally beaten into her and she's not willing to let her current peace and security go without a fight. I like how caustic she is with Littlefinger; I'm wondering if Sansa's irritation with Job was half-acting ... as in, she's making sure Littlefinger sees them disagreeing and thinks Sansa is open for maniupulation where she knows all to well what his game is. She grabbed Jon on the walkway, making me think that perhaps she wants to ensure that Jon takes her at face value but also absolutely make sure he is not 100% pissed at him by complimenting him and letting him know she's doing what she can not to lose a third brother. My heart is still warmed whenever they refer to each other openly as brother and sister.

- I am still wishing hardcore for ace (asexual) Brienne. Tormond plz no.

- Cersei is twisted and cruel and Jaime, bless his heart, is becoming more and more like a reasonable person. I really was stunned when he wanted to bring up the fact that, y'know, they're out of children and was genuinely a bit taken aback at Cersei outright saying 'he (Tommen) betrayed me'. Dear oh Dear.

- Euron is so twisted it's almost gleeful. I keep referring to him as Evil Eddie Izzard. He needs to pick an accent and stick with it (I love how Aiden Gillen - Littlefinger - 's original accent keeps peeking through his lines as well).
 I didn't expect Cersei to outright reject his proposal, but that's good story and character-wise. She doesn't need to waste time and resources on someone who won't deliver the goods.

- I'm sorry. I hate Ed Sheeran. His inane warbling about wuuuub just drives me up the wall, I hate songs by guys on acoustic guitars lamenting lost loves or 'wanting her' or omg she is so pretty. Get over yourself. Sing something with meaning. And not some maudalin tale of a drug-addicted girl painting her as a lost angel. I was deeply disappointed that Arya didn't murder him and his singing made him scream I AM A FAMOUS GUEST STAR LOOK AT ME.

- I was wondering where this scene was going. And I was surprised at Arya saying she was going South to 'kill the queen'. I felt she should have burst out laughing a lot sooner to show she was joking; Faceless trained or not, her odds against that group were NOT GOOD.
As much as I hated Sheeran with a fiery passion, I did like the other young boy soldier, he was nice.

- I felt The Hound seeing the vision was a bit rushed. I would have thought he was so grounded and cynical that he simply cannot see visions or similar. It's like a shock conversion and felt very forced and rushed, not a fan.

- Dany is my Queen and I love her, but Emilia Clarke was oddly cold coming back to Dragonstone. Fair enough, she left as an infant and is only rediscovering her Targaryen heritage, I have the same odd cold disconnect with anything to do with family at all. I liked Missendei stopping Grey Worm following Dany and letting her have her moment. Miss x Grey 4eva plz <3 I'm going to be so upset if they die without declaring their love fully.

So, bit of a slow opener, but I feel the season might feel a bit rushed considering all the story they need to cram in in such a short space of time. There's been seasons and seasons of buildup and backstabbing and politics, now it almost feels like 3-2-1 ICE ZOMBIES

Lady Frostbite:
I'm still watching, but ...

SpoilerGREY WORM AND MISSANDEI! GREY WORM AND MISSANDEI!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAASS!!!!
Also; omg Orlenna don't give Dany that advice plz stop stop stop stop stop

kiwimlp:
I don't think we need to spoiler tag because of the heading?  But just in case:

I have loved both episodes so far SpoilerGo Arya, taking out the Freys!  She was probably the best bet to take out Cersie too, but unfortunately she looks to be going back to Winterfell instead. It will be nice to see her reunited with Sansa though, although it looks like she will miss John because he is on his way to Dragonstone. 

I am really digging Brieanne and Tormund as a couple.  It's so funny when he gives her the eye and she doesn't know where to look!  I don't think she is immune to him either :P

Ugh, watching Sam peel back Ser Jora's skin was totally cringe worthy! I really hope he heels him though.
Just a few brief rambling thoughts :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version