collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Allow myself to re-introduce myself...  (Read 373 times)

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
Allow myself to re-introduce myself...
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:11:41 AM »
Yeah, baby!

The details of my life are quite inconsequential...very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving truck driver/electrician from Pennsylvania. My mother is a Registered Nurse with a penchant for buggery. My father would rebuild motorcycles, he would drink (lemonade). He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Minersville, luge lessons at Knobel's. In spring we would make halupkis and halushki - pretty standard really.

I began re-collecting My Little Ponies in my late teens, spending a lot of time on the MLPTP. Now twenty years later I collect MLP with my four year old daughter. I am not very fond of the newer generations, I am still a die hard G1 fan. For safety reasons I mainly allow my daughter to have G4, with a handful of G1s that are in excellent condition (and show no signs of breaking down) in the mix. Outside of collecting MLP I also collect: Jem, She-Ra, Rainbow Brite, Mattel Disney dolls (the 6" ones that came out in the early 90's), DC Super Hero Girls and Strawberry Shortcake (mostly the new vintage style stuff, but I do have a large collection of minis).

I also have a small collection of Lego Disney Princess castles that my kiddos have gotten me for Mother's Day. It is a fun activity for us to do and unlike flowers, Legos last ;) Most of my days are filled with taking care of my babies and our home. I am a Stay at Homeschooling Mom and I love every minute of it. My son just finished first grade and my daughter will be starting Kindergarten next year. When I am not spending time with them (aka after they go to bed) my hubby and I like to play XBox and board games. Sometimes we also bin watch bad TV on our streaming services. I have a lovely, quiet life which is VERY different from the household I grew up in.

I almost forgot, I am a super craft Mama. I used to have an Etsy shop where I made party banners and handmade party supplies. I kind of stopped doing that when I started homeschooling. I have a ridiculous amount of paper though and recently started making sticker albums/books for kiddos. I am not really doing it to make money, just as a way to still have a crafting outlet. We do a lot of crafts as a family and we switched to a handmade Christmas years ago (for adults, the kids still get spoiled rotten - Ha). I have made jewelry, quilted ornaments and wreaths and all sorts of fun things over the years. I usually try to inject my love of all things 80's into my crafts (for example I made a Jem quilted ornament).

Thanks for reading!

Carol Ann aka Icey or Ice Empress

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Allow myself to re-introduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 04:24:15 PM »
Welcome back :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:50:03 PM »
Thank you! Been here for a few months, but I couldn't remember if I posted a re-introduction or not :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 07:08:33 PM »
Welcome back :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal