collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is ebay buggy lately or is it just me?  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Is ebay buggy lately or is it just me?
« on: July 16, 2017, 10:40:45 AM »
I know that I have a very evil laptop and my internet connection is not always brilliant when the place I live in is constantly doing short term summer maintenance. HOWEVER I don't think either of those things are to blame for this.

I won an auction recently.

I know I won it, because it says so in my purchase history. It also says that I have paid for it.
The item is not yet shipped out but that's not a big issue to me and normally I wouldn't bother about a shipping delay of a few days, except that...

I got an email from Ebay telling me (x lot) has ended, and here are some more items you might want to bid on. Those emails I only ever get when I LOSE an auction. It's never happened before, getting the "lost auction" email as well as the "won auction pay now" email. It is definitely a genuine ebay email, not a scam email.

I admit that made me a bit more twitchy about the shipping element and the fact that this auction has not been shipped yet. I checked the shipping time and it should have been shipped on Friday (seller says next working day shipping). I have sent a msg to ask the seller if there's a glitch of any kind their end. If it's just that they had RL and its delayed I'm not fussed. I am just spooked by this email.

Just now, I checked on an auction I'm bidding on. I am high bidder on this auction. It came up with "this item is on your watchlist, bid now to make it yours" message. I don't know if this makes sense to people but when you watchlist something, it has a blue banner across the top, right? If you are high bidder, it's green. If you are outbid, it goes reddish pink. I had the blue banner even though I was high bidder.

I refreshed it and it went green.

I'm also having some issues with the bid screen. Sometimes it takes three or four tries to get it to give me the confirm bid option. THIS one I might put down to my internet connection or my PC except that everything else is loading when ebay's screens aren't. Once or twice Ebay has not loaded at all even when other sites are loading.

And to finish with, twice when I have tried to pay for an auction, it hasn't given me the paypal option (ie the window to log into paypal) until I reload the page.

Is it just me experiencing this kind of thing, or are other people also having issues?

Edit to add: I forgot something else ebay's been doing to me for a while now.
When I bid on an auction, it gives me a little flag at the corner telling me to bid now. And it no longer shows up as green items in my watchlist that I am high bidder on or have won. Those things have been going on a while. The others are new.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:44:09 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Is ebay buggy lately or is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »
last year, checkout stopped working properly on ebay for me - via both laptop and home pc - I would get to it, select paypal payment and then none of the buttons worked.

I could use paypal on other websites, I could log in directly to paypal, but the whole checkout via ebay was not working. I contacted both paypal and ebay support and was on the phone for ages... refreshing web pages, logging in via Canadian ebay(?) still not working.

I managed to complete checkout/paypal payment via my mobile phone for the interim. This was for a few weeks.

Then one day, my husband did a firmware update on our home router - and just like that - it all started working again!

I don't know if you are using ebay via mobile app or laptop? Could re-booting your router and clearing your browser cache help?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:28:50 AM »
Interesting. I don't think that it's a router issue as I have a lot of these things at home and here in London (so 2 different connections in 2 different parts of the UK). I should say that it is Ebay UK that all these things associate with. I am not supposed to mess with the router here. Let's just say that I had to fight really hard to get a router even fitted in my room here, so...yeah. But because it's 2 different routers on different networks I kind of ruled that out.

I did have issues with paypal and ebay a year or two ago where I had an auction that it wouldn't accept my paypal password and then didn't let me pay again. It took a long time to get it to work. But I feel like that was fate telling me something as the auction never arrived and I had to get a refund :/

I guess it could be my browser. I didn't think about that. Maybe I'll try that. This evil PC has a few browsers on it, so when I have some time maybe I'll experiment with those :/ Thanks for the tip.

Don't think those things could cause me to receive that email though...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »
no worries!  ;)
btw, have you tried the mobile app to bid and then pay?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 11:34:58 AM »
no worries!  ;)
btw, have you tried the mobile app to bid and then pay?

No. I am rather paranoid about using any financial services on my tablet, and my phone doesn't even recognise that the internet exists any more, let alone allow me to use apps. I need a new one. It's on my to do list. But the same will apply for that. So I don't really know if there are problems with that.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »
Ah I know what you mean - I was very paranoid about using my phone too. Passwords were changed once the router issue was resolved!  :biggrin:

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »
I've had issues as well. Especially with the print label page. I usually get an error message after I've hit the submit payment and I have to start all over.

Also about a month ago I was bidding on a huge lot of ponies that went for a high amount. I bid right at the last few seconds and just for a second the "you won page" showed up and disappeared and then it comes up saying I lost by an amount that was quite a bit higher than my last bid so I go look at the bid history and it shows that 2 other people actually got bids in after me. I was so heartbroken as I thought the lot was mine and had quite a few htf ponies in it but what could I do.

Also this isn't a glitch but I had problems with a seller sending me the wrong size shirt from Canada and they wanted me to pay return shipping for it and I refused since I didn't pay much for the shirt it wasn't worth it and they were very rude to me saying they're going to quit shipping to the USA because there's always problems so I left them negative feedback and eBay removed it. I didn't use any bad words or anything. It was all mature but they removed bc they felt I was just trying to get back at the seller since they wouldn't give me a refund.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 12:01:10 PM »
Hrm, so US ebay also has some glitching going on O.o. Mind you the item I won is in the US, so maybe it's related? I bid on it on UK ebay but *shrugs* who knows.

I checked my emails and I had the "You won, pay now" email at about 4am (I was asleep while all this was going on of course xD), then when I had paid I got the confirmation of payment, and THEN I got the "it is no longer available" email about six hours later.

But I checked ebay and saw it still says I won it and that I paid for it. So I haven't had your horrible experience. That is TRULY horrible, to have 'you won' and then 'you lost' like that :/

As for the other, some sellers are just like that :/ I hate when that happens, especially when they make an excuse of it being about "rude foreign buyers". So then they blame a whole country for their own laziness. It happens to all buyers from all places but it doesn't make dealing with it any better.

I had a feedback removed once because someone was selling counterfeit games on ebay. They were reported for this and my complaint was upheld. But because I got a refund, they wouldn't let me leave feedback. And this seller continued selling counterfeit games because ebay didn't take them out of circulation. And I guess they then made money off other people doing the same thing. Really annoyed me. :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 12:32:51 PM »
So to update this little weird adventure.

I heard from the seller who thankfully doesn't think I'm insane and has confirmed that now the package is shipped out. I also finally had an email from ebay to confirm this.

...Though  my purchase history says that it has been shipped twice. It may be in two boxes, but one has a shipping code and the other not. At this stage I am just going to see what turns up. It is a GSP lot (shudder at GSP, but it's actually cheaper when dealing with lots) so it will be Ebay I will be taking to task if it goes wrong. The seller is really nice and seems helpful.

Meanwhile, the second lot I won which I haven't had any email about is apparently also shipped. Groan.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 12:41:29 PM »
Also about a month ago I was bidding on a huge lot of ponies that went for a high amount. I bid right at the last few seconds and just for a second the "you won page" showed up and disappeared and then it comes up saying I lost by an amount that was quite a bit higher than my last bid so I go look at the bid history and it shows that 2 other people actually got bids in after me. I was so heartbroken as I thought the lot was mine and had quite a few htf ponies in it but what could I do.

I've had this happen too many times to count :(

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »
I thought it was just me! I've been having trouble with it being laggy and slow, especially when looked at my watch list :huh:

I've not had trouble paying/buying things, but I've been using BIN, rather than auctions.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 01:49:08 AM »
I thought it was just me! I've been having trouble with it being laggy and slow, especially when looked at my watch list :huh:

I've not had trouble paying/buying things, but I've been using BIN, rather than auctions.

Love pkw xxx

Thanks for that pkw. I guess they are having some issues then.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 03:33:27 AM »
Add me to the "I've had problems with ebay UK"  list! :(  so annoying. Thankfully I haven't run into the auction glitch for a while (when I *did* have that happen and someone else won me to a one-off pony I was so. not. happy! ), although I've been mainly doing BIN's with only a few auctions inbetween. Also been selling via BIN rather than auction too.
The biggest and most common problem for me ATM with ebay UK is trying to pay with Paypal. Sometimes it goes through fine, other times it freezes up the page  and I have to reload the whole thing ,or it lets me choose the Paypal option but then doesn't go to the next bit where you sign in to Paypal  . really frustrating :facepalm:

On a good note though , I'm glad your buyer contacted you back , your item has been paid for and shipped, and that everything seems to be going fine - despite eBay's glitchiness  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 05:35:10 AM »
Yep, that one seems to be going smoothly now so fingers crossed.

A different lot was randomly refunded me last night for a mystery reason to do with shipping though the seller has said that it can be resolved and they can set up a private listing if need be so I can only assume that was a USPS problem and not an ebay one. I'll wait and see on that but if it doesn't work out I did at least have a full refund for that item.

I'm not glad that I'm not the only one having troubles, but I am relieved that I'm not imagining it...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »

I've had this happen too many times to count :(

Me too. First time was a huge shock. Especially as our internet is sooooo sloooowwww here there is no doing anything about something like that, although I did try. And the last time someone tried to do it to me I was simply lucky and won the auction by about 10 pence due to having set a high reserve.

I am so pleased that your lots are on their way to you Taffeta - that must be such a relief! Please post photos when they do arrive. We love photos. Ok. I love photos. So, pretty please?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal