collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collections  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
Collections
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:28:39 PM »
how do you organize your collections
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Collections
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 07:02:50 PM »
Great question!  I used to have all my ponies "in order" by year and set, but I've become less organized as the years go on.  These days I keep most of my ponies in storage, but I rotate them so that they all get a chance to come out eventually.

I display a mixture of every generation and various sets at one time . . . But sometimes I'll have a theme like "springtime" or "flowers".  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:55:05 PM »
By how well they fit.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »
I have my ponies organized by generation. I don't have good photos due my phone's front camera being broken so I don't have any photos to share (now edited with poor photos!), but my G1s, G2s, G3s, and G3.5s are on a large shelf that I build in woodshop class back in my senior year of high school. I had built it specifically to display my ponies on. For a while all of my ponies were on that shelf. A couple weeks ago I put away the majority of my Pokemon and Sanrio collections to make room to move my G4s from the woodshop shelf onto a pink square shelf consisting of 9 square sections.

The shelf I made in woodshop is like this (done in MS Paint just for this post! :lol:):

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The couple miscellaneous items on the G2 section are a G1 lunchbox, the Retro Hallmark Cotton Candy ornament + its box, a retro G1 party cup, and the G3 DS game Pinkie Pie's Party. The miscellaneous items to the left of the 3.5s is the G3 Sing & Dance Pinkie Pie, G3 So Soft Sweet Steps (w/ her walker), G3 Twinkle Twirl (the one with the stand with the spinning gimmick), my DJ Pon-3 box of G4 Enterplay cards, and a look & find G4 book (it was too tall to put with my other MLP books). I've also got my My Pretty Pony hanging out in the second highest G1 section.

My 3.5 section is in between the two G3 shelves because that's the only part that was tall enough to fit the Newborn Cuties house.

And an equally awful diagram of my pink shelf for G4s:

I've got the main part of my G4 display up top, I've got a few small playsets up there to display some on. Stuff like the Carousel Boutique playset, the hot air balloon, etc. I only wanted one figure per pony up there, so variations of ponies are kept in two of the other sections. Eventually I plan on moving my 4.5s from the top middle square onto my bed's shelf (where the small amount of Pokemon and Sanrio items I kept out are) once I get enough to warrant it. For now I've only got three so that's not enough to separate them from the G4s.

The only G3 and 3.5 items I've got on this pink shelf are books & the Charming Birthday tape, since I have no place else to put them. All pony books tall enough to go here are placed here.

In the corner of my room between the gap of the two shelves are where most of my MLP plushes go.

I've also got a small shelf hanging up on my wall where my G3, 3.5, and 4 McDonald's toys go. My two G2 McD's ponies are with my other G2s.

Then I have a craft table where my G3 Ponyville stuff (and other smaller G3 figures) go.

Can't wait for whenever I get a new phone so I can more accurately show what these all look like lol.

EDIT: Okay so I went and took some awful photos with my phone's back camera. Aiming it is very difficult though and back cameras are lower quality than front ones, so these are a tad blurry, better than my MS Paint diagrams I suppose!

Spoiler
View of both shelves:

Bottom two rows of the woodshop shelf (man this an extraordinarily awful photo!):

G2 shelf and some of the G1s:

Underneath that are some G3s (my favorite ones go here!):

3.5s:

G4 shelf:

Top with the main part and the upper square sections:

Middle and bottom sections:

G3 and G4 McDonald's wall shelf (3.5 McDs were with the rest of the 3.5s, same with the G2 ones being with the other 2s):

G3 Ponyville + other smaller G3s:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:20:20 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 03:38:43 PM »
By generation for me. Within generations, I tend to organize them to have similar ponies together (either similar themes like birthday ponies or ponies that I think are families or friends).

Elf

lostpony

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 04:04:48 PM »
By how well they fit.

Me too.  I have a number of spaces with ponies of all sorts stuffed into them by size that fit, and it's a jumble of whatever ponies I had that needed space at the time that I put up whatever shelf unit, including Loopsy ponies, toy horses, Ty and other small plushes mixed in.

Soon I'll be converting my overhead compartments (tiny trailer) into sliding glass-door cases so I can get my G3 Styling ponies displayed along with plastic horses around that size and my big silver horse and brass unicorn, and there should be some room for some other odd sizes stuffed in there too.

I'm using things like spice racks and wire shelves intended for in-shower soap use as pony shelves and making some of my own out of thin furniture wood with a long dowel across the front and that kind of thing.  I'm planning on using a plastic small-things divided storage box to display G4 blind bag size ponies but not until I find something less milky than the original lid for the front cover.

Oh I did go on, haha oops.  Short answer for me:  What organization?

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 04:26:57 PM »
I used to do it by set, via generation. So, I had all the TE's together, then all the So Softs etc.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 03:20:24 AM »
I sold my whole collection a few years ago, now I only have like 10 ponies so they are just.. Standing on the shelf without any order.

But when I still had my collection, I had them organized by pose. I think it made it look even more organized!  :lol:

lostpony

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 03:34:26 AM »
Wow by pose that looks too orderly, to me! 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:36:16 AM by lostpony »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 03:54:19 AM »
Mine are generally by generation...after that there's no real system. Just however they went on the shelf/fit best, favourites are usually more to the front for visibility.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 05:16:39 AM »

Im the opposite, for me nothing is too orderly  :lol: When I look at that picture, it bothers me so much that some ponies are clearly out of place (Truly for example, standing there alone!). I might have a problem with organizing stuff.  :lookround:

Offline mylittELLEpony

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • #SaveTheG1s
    • View Profile
    • my collection catalog (IG)
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 05:24:21 AM »
Mine isn't even remotely organized. Until recently I wasn't even sure which ponies I had. I took photos of them all individually and posted them to a new instagram account I made so I can look and see who I'm missing, though. That's the only place that they're organized. Irl they're all shoved onto one shelf in a bookshelf and stacked in the worst way. I'm so jealous of everyone with nice display cases and pony rooms. One day I'll have one, too.
You can see my collection on InstaGram @ mylittELLEpony  :lovey:

Offline haircutsandhighlighters

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 06:27:53 AM »
I'm very disorganised in all aspects of my life, so my ponies are not arranged in any particular way - not by pose, colour, generation (they're all G2 actually) or anything, although I do try to keep families close together. They live on top of the cabinet in my study at the moment.

lostpony

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 11:20:06 AM »
Im the opposite, for me nothing is too orderly  :lol: When I look at that picture, it bothers me so much that some ponies are clearly out of place (Truly for example, standing there alone!). I might have a problem with organizing stuff.  :lookround:
:happy: That's just because she's the leader.
I have a stuff-organizing problem too, and it helps me a lot at work but my personal life is too chaotic to organize...

I'm so jealous of everyone with nice display cases and pony rooms. One day I'll have one, too.

I think most of us feel this way!  Don't worry, your ponies will always outgrow your display capacity...

(they're all G2 actually)

In that case they're strictly organized by generation!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2017, 08:50:14 AM »
I am also envious of people who have pony rooms and such. I have a display cabinet which was built into my room when it was remodelled some years back but it was designed for and is occupied by the Jem dolls.

So, not so organised. I have a few cupboards and a cabinet that I sort of inherited after my Grandfather passed away in 1999. It's exactly the right size for ponies so Mum let me have it and the SS and flutters, wingers etc live in it. Otherwise they're split between cupboards. Sets are mostly together but the scented ones are split up so they don't contaminate each other. They are not sorted by year although the older ones tend to be at the top. MIP adults are mostly together though some have spilled into the baby MIP section recently. G2 and G3 and playsets are all in the attic except the odd couple who escaped the boxing up. My G4 live in front of the So Soft cabinet or on the bookcase, because they are small.

Here in London I have Fluttsi and her crew (the four pearlies I found here in London) as well as a Tropi Breeze, Trickles and Truly, Baby Honalooloo and Sunset Shimmer. The latter 2 came from carboot sales. I was goign to sell Honalooloo but she and Sunset Shimmer seemed to become pals, so I left them together...

So yeah, not super organised. But not squished either, and all super accessible :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal