Pony Talk > Off Topic

2017 Disney's Beauty and The Beast Live Action

(1/3) > >>

tulagirl:
How did you feel about the recent Beauty and The Beast film?  I really liked it and I wasn't expecting too.  My R2 loves Beauty and the Beast.  It is his favorite Disney aside from Star Wars which is only a recent Disney thing anyway.  So, I basically watched it for him but, when it was over I really was happy with it.  I had no feelings one way or the other about the actresses and actors because most of what they have been in I have not seen.  I loved the Beast and the song he sang Evermore.  I loved the characters all except for Garderobe.  For some reason I found her annoying.  I did not get to see this film in the theater and just saw it about two weeks ago on pay per view.  I loved the costuming and set design as well as, the computer graphics of Castle characters.

The only sheer disappointment I have is in the sound track music.  They did a horrible job with it.  The voices are not easy to hear because, the orchestra is too loud. Boo Disney redo it!!!

Share your thoughts?  I didn't know if a thread had been started just wondering for Beauty and the Beast fans how you felt.

Gator:
Did not like.  I couldn't even finish.  Stopped watching at the point where Beast let's her go to go save her father.  Changed too much, and I know they want it to stand on its own, but still changed too much.

ponycake:
I liked it much more than I expected to. I expected to think 'meh' but was pretty impressed and I even cried. lol.

Koudoawaia:
Not interested in seeing it. I'll stick with the animated version.

LadyMoondancer:
I saw it and was disappointed.  There were some things I liked, like LaFou's subplot and a more diverse cast.

But a lot of it just felt forced, "we just did this because it was in the animated film even though it doesn't make sense", or underwhelming.

The Beast in particular lost a lot of his character.  He's supposed to be bitter, angry, and (until you get to know him) terrifying.  The scene in the animated movie where he flips out because Belle almost messed with the magic rose--you could totally understand why it scared Belle enough for her to run away from the castle.  In the live action movie he seems . . . mildly upset?  Reasonably upset?  Not upset enough to realistically motivate Belle to run away?

There were so many scenes where, in the animated one, it had so much emotion that it punched you in the chest, while in the live action one it was like "well, it's a scene I guess."  (For example, the scene where Belle first sees the Beast, the Beast growling "It is forbidden!" when Belle asks why she can't go in the west wing, and the Beast's depressed "Just let them come" attitude when the humans raid the castle.)

I also was disappointed that the Beast wasn't more bestial in design.  Okay, I get that they used a real actor and then CGI'ed the Beast over him in most scenes, but c'mon.  They couldn't have CGI'ed something like this in once or twice?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I sort of felt like I was watching "Beauty and the Cosplayer" or "Beauty and the Furry".

Final thought:  what an absolute disservice to Cogsworth's character.  He's supposed to be kind at heart, but also uptight and almost frentic because of his nerves. In the live action movie he was more like, I dunno, Eeyore.  Just kind of mopey and slow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version