collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible convention exclusive?  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Possible convention exclusive?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 12:40:22 PM »
BTW, one of the Transformers exclusives is a skateboard themed Optimus Prime, who comes with a minicon (who of course turns into a skateboard) named Shreddicus Maximus.  I am not even kidding, this is a real thing that is happening.

The weird thing is when I look at the TF message boards the people there are just commenting on whether they like the color scheme, not the fact that it's SKATEBOARDING OPTIMUS AND A GUY NAMED SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS.

HAHHAHAHA I'm dying that is too funny!

I hope this Pinkie Pie has a crazy name like Glitteratti Pinkie Pie.
~Foxtale~

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 01:37:41 PM »
BTW, one of the Transformers exclusives is a skateboard themed Optimus Prime, who comes with a minicon (who of course turns into a skateboard) named Shreddicus Maximus.  I am not even kidding, this is a real thing that is happening.

The weird thing is when I look at the TF message boards the people there are just commenting on whether they like the color scheme, not the fact that it's SKATEBOARDING OPTIMUS AND A GUY NAMED SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS.

Lol!  Almost as good as the "hair band" transformers, was that... last year? Those guys were hilarious

Yeahhh, the Knights of Unicron :lol:

They should do a pony transformer one day. They already have a Unicron unicorn and a Beast Wars horse, so only one step closer and we could have a transforming MLP.
Or what about She-Ra MLP? Swift Wind, come on! Get creative, Hasbro!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »
Sooooo, no actual pony figure exclusive this year?  Surely we would have heard by now if there was.  Guess they're saving it for their own convention.

Found pics online of their display.  Doesn't look like the sparkly PP is exclusive to anything that I could see.  Though there were lots of other things that are going to be Target, Walmart, and TRU exclusives.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/07/21/sdcc-2017-gallery-hasbro-little-pony-movie-toys-263642

**** actually, it looks like there might be an Amazon tag below the sparkly PP.  there's a separate pic of it with just the bottom of the box showing.  I didn't know Amazon was doing exclusives.  But on the other hand, that would explain certain releases like the Octavia EG and pony pack which I only ever saw on Amazon but not in stores.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:00:24 PM by Sunset »

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 06:03:46 AM »
From what I understand, the way Hasbro doles out its exclusives is by giving out tickets that have a specific time / day on them, and you are supposed to turn up at that time / day to stand in line.  Like one person might get a ticket for around noon, another might get a ticket for 3:00, etc . . . It's supposed to reduce the crowd around the booth (although I've also heard that Hasbro's booth is usually a crowded nightmare so apparently it doesn't work that well, lol.)

I'm wondering if maybe tickets for the MLP exclusive are restricted to Saturday and Sunday and that's why we haven't heard anything so far??

Or maybe there just genuinely aren't any, which would be sad.  I haven't been crazy about the last couple SDCC exclusives, but it was nice to know they existed.

It just seems like it would be a strange choice not to have an exclusive when this is such a big year for MLP (with the movie) but yeah, maybe they are holding back until Hascon.  I don't know why I am expecting Hasbro to be logical anyway, lol.

Edit:  I've been poking around the internet and so far all I've found is that there's an exclusive MLP poster (movie based), the Loyal Subjects figures, and enamel pins for Songbird Sia and Twilight Sparkle ($10 each).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 06:11:25 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 09:51:29 PM »
Mlpmerch has updated this saying it's an amazon exclusive!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »
Sooooo, no actual pony figure exclusive this year?  Surely we would have heard by now if there was.  Guess they're saving it for their own convention.

Found pics online of their display.  Doesn't look like the sparkly PP is exclusive to anything that I could see.  Though there were lots of other things that are going to be Target, Walmart, and TRU exclusives.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/07/21/sdcc-2017-gallery-hasbro-little-pony-movie-toys-263642

**** actually, it looks like there might be an Amazon tag below the sparkly PP.  there's a separate pic of it with just the bottom of the box showing.  I didn't know Amazon was doing exclusives.  But on the other hand, that would explain certain releases like the Octavia EG and pony pack which I only ever saw on Amazon but not in stores.

0-0 WHOS THAT HIPPOGRIFF IN THE BACK!
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 11:45:27 AM »
Applejack as a pirate is super cute. Just too silly she can't even hold that sabre :P

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 12:03:56 PM »
0-0 WHOS THAT HIPPOGRIFF IN THE BACK!
Stratus Skyranger - https://data.mlpmerch.com/goh/pony/stratus-skyranger/

Applejack as a pirate is super cute. Just too silly she can't even hold that sabre :P
I find that most of the GoH ponies cannot hold their 'weapons' very well lol
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »
I really like what I've seen of the hypogriff design so I really hope we get some brushables of them and not just the one huge one.  I know the sea ponies are getting the big billing right now but maybe in the spring we will get a whole slew of hypogriffs?  :) A girl can dream, right?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 01:25:06 PM »
An airship?  Heeeeck yeeees.

I'm really digging this whole steampunk / pirate theme.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »
Only now I want a Rarity with a treasure chest full of gems and maybe a magnetic feature on her horn and hoof to hold them :(

Did Hasbro develop an allergy to magnets since the hoof heart days? On the show the ponies all seem to have magnets in their hooves the way they hold stuff without thumbs :P

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2017, 06:56:22 AM »
Weren't there issues with the G3 magnets or was that just a rumour? There must be *some* reason why they don't use them any more. I remember the first few G2 LPS had magnets too, and the newer ones don't.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 07:56:42 AM »
Weren't there issues with the G3 magnets or was that just a rumour? There must be *some* reason why they don't use them any more. I remember the first few G2 LPS had magnets too, and the newer ones don't.

Were there? I don't recall hearing anything about them beyond that you should keep them away from electronics, as with any other magnet.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 08:11:13 AM »
I wonder if Hasbro is trying to downplay it's role at SDCC so it can try and push all the draw that it usually generates for SDCC- to Hascon.

If they have an exclusive for Hascon we'll know for sure...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal