collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible convention exclusive?  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Possible convention exclusive?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 08:25:54 AM »
There was a rumor that some kid caused their grandmothers pacekeeper to shut down by walking a g3 pony on her chest. Don't know how true that is, but hasbro stopped using magnets on any of their toylines.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 09:34:56 AM »
Yes, the pacemaker shutting off because a little girl trotted her G3 MLP across her grandmother's chest was an actual thing that happened, sadly.  It was in the news.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 11:53:38 AM »
No, the pacemaker story was not real.  Here's the original post (by someone who had only been a member of the forum for a few days and never posted again): http://mlparena.com/archive/Forums/viewtopic/t=157842/postdays=0/postorder=asc/highlight=pacemaker/start=0.html  If you read through the whole thread, you can see many were already skeptical at the time and the only place the story could be found was on the site linked to by the person posting it.  A little more searching brought this up thread from another site: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?topic=236911.0 where the person who posted it later basically admits they made it up.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2017, 01:05:44 PM »
Yep, that's the one I was thinking of - couldn't remember if it had been confirmed to be fake or not. Thanks for the links, Breyer600 :)

The thread on the old Arena mentions that the magnets were deemed to be a possible choking hazard - anyone know if that one's legit? It sounds more plausible than the pacemaker thing, anyway.

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »
That's a far more likely explanation.  From what I can find out, there were several recalls of different types of toys that had magnets around the time that Hasbro stopped using them in ponies plus talk of increasing regulations on them. 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2017, 04:18:20 PM »
0-0 WHOS THAT HIPPOGRIFF IN THE BACK!
Stratus Skyranger - https://data.mlpmerch.com/goh/pony/stratus-skyranger/

Applejack as a pirate is super cute. Just too silly she can't even hold that sabre :P
I find that most of the GoH ponies cannot hold their 'weapons' very well lol
thank youuu that is the first time i've actually seen that one
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 11:47:25 AM »
Yep, that's the one I was thinking of - couldn't remember if it had been confirmed to be fake or not. Thanks for the links, Breyer600 :)

The thread on the old Arena mentions that the magnets were deemed to be a possible choking hazard - anyone know if that one's legit? It sounds more plausible than the pacemaker thing, anyway.

If I remember correctly, (also from my toy testing knowledge) it was around that time that general toy cocerns started to surface like the lead paint and such. One thing was accounts of kids swallowing small magnets and them getting stuck together in the intestine making it unable to be removed "naturally" (you guys get it). I don't recall a specific pony moment but i thought it was an overall they stopped doing it as a result of all these new regulations.

Either way, I hope we see a convention exclusive for HASCON.  Since this Pinkie Pie is for Amazon.
~Foxtale~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2017, 11:57:15 AM »
BTW, one of the Transformers exclusives is a skateboard themed Optimus Prime, who comes with a minicon (who of course turns into a skateboard) named Shreddicus Maximus.  I am not even kidding, this is a real thing that is happening.

The weird thing is when I look at the TF message boards the people there are just commenting on whether they like the color scheme, not the fact that it's SKATEBOARDING OPTIMUS AND A GUY NAMED SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS.

:lmao: This is the funniest thing!

Why Pinkie Pie again? Wasn't she a Fair Exclusive last year as Chicken Pot Pie or something?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:01:45 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2017, 01:34:10 PM »
Sooooo, no actual pony figure exclusive this year?  Surely we would have heard by now if there was.  Guess they're saving it for their own convention.

Found pics online of their display.  Doesn't look like the sparkly PP is exclusive to anything that I could see.  Though there were lots of other things that are going to be Target, Walmart, and TRU exclusives.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/07/21/sdcc-2017-gallery-hasbro-little-pony-movie-toys-263642

**** actually, it looks like there might be an Amazon tag below the sparkly PP.  there's a separate pic of it with just the bottom of the box showing.  I didn't know Amazon was doing exclusives.  But on the other hand, that would explain certain releases like the Octavia EG and pony pack which I only ever saw on Amazon but not in stores.
Ooooh man, oh man! So many new ponies I need in my life! I'm going to have to save up and take a big trip to TRU and buy all the things. I NEED those pirate ponies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal