collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Little Introduction  (Read 940 times)

DingoHands

• Trade Count: (0)
Little Introduction
« on: July 14, 2017, 11:28:06 PM »
Hello, I'm DingoHands.. I love MLP, LPS, and other toys. I have a small collection of MLP which is mostly G1 and G4.. I also have quite an interest in animatronics, like the Chuck E Cheese and Rock Afire Explosion robots.

I should explain my name since it is pretty odd, especially since dingoes don't have hands. So, I was originally going to use DingoPaws for a game but it was taken, so I just kept putting "Dingo" something.. I ended up with DingoHands, which I also used for a username on here.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Little Introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 04:42:03 PM »
Welcome DingoHands :wave:

Do you live in Australia by any chance?  We were lucky enough to see a real Dingo while we were on holiday there a few years back.  Feel free to share some pics of your pony collection with us in the brags forum if you get the chance. I always enjoy looking at other people's collections :)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:12:56 PM »
Howdy! I love animatronics as well. I blame fnaf for what got me interested in them and how to make one. Hope to see y'all around!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

DingoHands

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »
Welcome DingoHands :wave:

Do you live in Australia by any chance?  We were lucky enough to see a real Dingo while we were on holiday there a few years back.  Feel free to share some pics of your pony collection with us in the brags forum if you get the chance. I always enjoy looking at other people's collections :)
Sadly I do not but it is very cool you got to see one. We have a bunch of coyotes over here

Post Merge: July 16, 2017, 09:30:25 AM

Howdy! I love animatronics as well. I blame fnaf for what got me interested in them and how to make one. Hope to see y'all around!

I never really liked animatronics because they weren't real yet they moved like people. The CEC 2-stage didn't help either. I just started to watch videos from CEC and RAE and that's when I started to like them. Oh yeah, you made an animatronic?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:30:25 AM by DingoHands »

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 07:30:23 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I also got excited thinking you might have been in Aus for a second :silly:

Hope you have an amazing time on the forum.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 11:09:45 PM »

Post Merge: July 16, 2017, 09:30:25 AM

I never really liked animatronics because they weren't real yet they moved like people. The CEC 2-stage didn't help either. I just started to watch videos from CEC and RAE and that's when I started to like them. Oh yeah, you made an animatronic?
[/quote]

Sadly I couldn't figure it out. I just like seeing how they're made. All the time and dedication to even the simplest of animatronics. A little over a decade ago, dad decided to try making something like animatronics. He's an electrical engineer, so stuff like that is right up his alley. So for Halloween, he made these cool moving hands in a box. It was freaky. But then almost three years ago, a storm blew in on Halloween unexpectedly and they broke. A combination of years, one attack by lousy teenagers and weather. The Frankenstein hand and mummy hand had a good run... scared a bunch of children and adults with them over the years.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline mylittELLEpony

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • #SaveTheG1s
    • View Profile
    • my collection catalog (IG)
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 08:52:51 PM »
Welcome, DingoHands! Animatronics are one of my irrational fears. When I go to Disney World and ride ANY of the rides with animatronics...I just...NO. It sounds like a really interesting hobby/interest for more rational people than me, though  :lol:.
You can see my collection on InstaGram @ mylittELLEpony  :lovey:

DingoHands

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 11:11:22 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I also got excited thinking you might have been in Aus for a second :silly:

Hope you have an amazing time on the forum.

Thank you  :)

Welcome, DingoHands! Animatronics are one of my irrational fears. When I go to Disney World and ride ANY of the rides with animatronics...I just...NO. It sounds like a really interesting hobby/interest for more rational people than me, though  :lol:.

I used to be terrified of them. I actually went to a Chuck E Cheese recently and went up close to the animatronics. They were on "random mode" which means they just blink and look around. I was looking at Chuck E's foot because they were different than most I've seen.. He turned as soon as I did that and I was looking down so I heard him move and saw the shadow move. I jumped back quickly, that scared me a lot lol. I like them but they still scare me sometimes, like then.  ^.^

lostpony

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 02:49:56 PM »
Hi welcome to the arena!

I love robotic ponies, in particular Starlily and the G3 Sing and Dance Pinkie Pie and even though it costs a fortune and will probably be pretty lame, I am committed to buying the new Starlily-based robotic Twilight Sparkle when it's available.  Not quite up to the big movie animatronics but I do like my soulless creepy automaton ponies at home...

I love your choice of avatar pic!  With a name like DingoHands does this mean we need to keep our baby ponies safe? haha.  cuz you know Dingoes steal babies....or so I hear anyway.  I'm in the States so I don't really know.

Hi mylittELLEpony I bet FNAF hasn't helped you with being comfortable with animatronics! tee hee.

Well I hope you both have a great time here!  Don't forget to make yourself at home and feel free to peruse and post on our forums!

Pony Brag forum is a nice place to check out pics of our ponies, For Sale is nice to see what our members have available to add to your collections, Pony Corral is a great place for any advice you need and we also have a FiM subforum for your G4 stuff.

Oh yes and there's a Toy Box forum for your non-pony toys (those toys are a slippery slope! haha oh I buy so many other irresistible toys hunting for ponies...) and I think if you have any animatronics projects you want to share you could put them in Customs or Arts n Crafts too....I'm not really so sure but we'd love to see them!

Enjoy the forums!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal