collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi from H&H  (Read 559 times)

Offline haircutsandhighlighters

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Hi from H&H
« on: July 14, 2017, 08:34:36 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm Haircutsandhighlighters or H&H, a G2 pony collector from Burnley, England. I grew up on G2, and started my current collection last year to bring back some happy childhood memories. I have suffered from depression since my early teens, and my MLP collection is one of the rays of sunshine in my life, taking me back to a time when things weren't as stressful. At present I have 64 G2 ponies (and one G1 baby) living on top of the cabinet in my study.

My favourite ponies - as you can probably guess from my username - are the ones that are very obviously pre-loved. The ponies with character - haircuts, pen marks and the like - that make me think "Aww, who was the child who loved this pony enough to do that?" and, again, take me back to my own childhood. I remember my Ivy wound up with a very short mane at some point.  ^.^

Now that I'm getting more involved in My Little Pony collecting, I'm here at the MLP Arena and looking forward to becoming a part of the community here. The last time I talked to another MLP collector was in primary school, so... here I am!  :biggrin:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from H&H
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:16:27 PM »
Welcome!  :wave:

Aww, what a lovely explanation behind your screen name.  There sure are a lot of ponies with haircuts and pen marks on them out there!  I look forward to seeing you around the Arena :cheer:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »
Welcome to another UK person! You sound just like my sister, she used to go round carboot sales rescuing all the sad looking ponies for her sanctuary. I think she still has them all somewhere, ponies that 'need love'.

Hope you enjoy being a part of the Arena. People are great about answering questions and helping each other out so I am sure you'll soon find yourself part of the pony family.

Awesome to see a G2 collector as well. There are some hardcore G2 people here but I feel it's an underrepresented generation.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes kiwimlp and Taffeta - I look forward to getting more involved in the community!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 07:05:25 PM »
Hello H&H!

I too love ponies with the marks of being well-loved.  So nice to have you with us!

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 04:30:18 AM »
Thanks! Good to know I'm not alone in that.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 12:53:10 AM »
Welcome to the arena!  :frolic:

It's so nice to hear that you love the the ponies that the more picky would consider as "bait"  :biggrin: they are all special!

Have fun here!

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 08:53:48 PM »
Absolutely love your username and the reasonings behind it.  :D Welcome to the Arena!  :frolic:

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal