collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi from H&H  (Read 223 times)

Offline haircutsandhighlightersTopic starter

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
Hi from H&H
« on: July 14, 2017, 03:34:36 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm Haircutsandhighlighters or H&H, a G2 pony collector from Burnley, England. I grew up on G2, and started my current collection last year to bring back some happy childhood memories. I have suffered from depression since my early teens, and my MLP collection is one of the rays of sunshine in my life, taking me back to a time when things weren't as stressful. At present I have 64 G2 ponies (and one G1 baby) living on top of the cabinet in my study.

My favourite ponies - as you can probably guess from my username - are the ones that are very obviously pre-loved. The ponies with character - haircuts, pen marks and the like - that make me think "Aww, who was the child who loved this pony enough to do that?" and, again, take me back to my own childhood. I remember my Ivy wound up with a very short mane at some point.  ^.^

Now that I'm getting more involved in My Little Pony collecting, I'm here at the MLP Arena and looking forward to becoming a part of the community here. The last time I talked to another MLP collector was in primary school, so... here I am!  :biggrin:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
Re: Hi from H&H
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 09:16:27 PM »
Welcome!  :wave:

Aww, what a lovely explanation behind your screen name.  There sure are a lot of ponies with haircuts and pen marks on them out there!  I look forward to seeing you around the Arena :cheer:
Want list:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 11:16:28 PM »
Welcome to another UK person! You sound just like my sister, she used to go round carboot sales rescuing all the sad looking ponies for her sanctuary. I think she still has them all somewhere, ponies that 'need love'.

Hope you enjoy being a part of the Arena. People are great about answering questions and helping each other out so I am sure you'll soon find yourself part of the pony family.

Awesome to see a G2 collector as well. There are some hardcore G2 people here but I feel it's an underrepresented generation.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks to Nence for Wistful Taffeta!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login|You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Teeny Tiny Pony
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 07:42:09 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes kiwimlp and Taffeta - I look forward to getting more involved in the community!

Offline lostpony

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • TwilyBot !!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 02:05:25 AM »
Hello H&H!

I too love ponies with the marks of being well-loved.  So nice to have you with us!

• Teeny Tiny Pony
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
Thanks! Good to know I'm not alone in that.

Offline glitterball

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 07:53:10 AM »
Welcome to the arena!  :frolic:

It's so nice to hear that you love the the ponies that the more picky would consider as "bait"  :biggrin: they are all special!

Have fun here!
:glitter: :glitter: :happy: :glitter: :glitter:

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 03:53:48 AM »
Absolutely love your username and the reasonings behind it.  :D Welcome to the Arena!  :frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart: