collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New collection exclusive from Toysrus  (Read 7006 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New collection exclusive from Toysrus
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2017, 02:46:25 AM »
So these are regular brushable size?  The set does look a lot better close-up, thanks for the pics gabumon.

Maud ("rock" pie? seriously?) looks very nice actually, I'd buy her on her own for sure, but what have they done to my Big Mac???  Tragic!  It's not just the hair either (though that would be enough), his body simply isn't shaped like that arg.  About the only parts the got right are his symbol and his feet; I like those parts.

I'll stick with Funko (even though his color is off) and GoH (still with no big mac) for the time being.  So many great new G4 toys coming out; it's best not to load up on these crazy molds.  I'll save my G4 money for the stupid but still must-have Starlily Twilight Sparkle and the big hippogriff.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2017, 10:22:59 AM »
>C  Why couldn't they release a regular Coco Pommel and a Big Mac in the original molds?

I second your emotion :( The Coco Pommel had the worst weird legs

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2017, 11:14:04 AM »
Looks like there will be a Cadence too. I wonder if The princesses will be single packed.

https://www.mlpmerch.com/2017/07/new-brushables-appear-on-aliexpress.html?m=1

I love that cute pose for Rarity!

Cadence, the princess of narwhals.

Lol
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2017, 02:39:36 PM »
>C  Why couldn't they release a regular Coco Pommel and a Big Mac in the original molds?

It really looks like they are leaving behind the last molds completely in favor of the reboot/bubblehead design.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2017, 02:57:00 PM »
I've ordered the set With Tempest (to think I was getting ready to make a brushable custom of her. Even had a bait ordered XD).

Though really I think I'm about done collecting G4 (or more like G4.5) if that's the only type of brushables they're going to make now. I just can't get past the look of their heads. The princesses look weird to me (they don't even look like princess style heads. They look the same as the others).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

lostpony

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »
lonewolf, I am certain your custom Tempest would have been better than Hasbro's.

To me the princesses are more bubbly-headed and look even worse.

Blind bag and GoH figures prove that Hasbro is capable of producing molds that look pretty good.  I wonder why they refuse to do that with the brushables and FSes.  Sometimes the wrong molds are still OK (I do like a very few of them), and I'm not knocking those you actually like this style (yay more power to you) but I wonder why Hasbro never gets the regular ponies right in this generation.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2017, 08:54:37 PM »

It really looks like they are leaving behind the last molds completely in favor of the reboot/bubblehead design.

The only ones I can stand in this new design are the sea ponies.... the proportions look a little better them. But the princesses though..... Celestia, Cadence, and Luna look well.... like they have severely receding hairlines.....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2017, 01:20:54 AM »
Why does Maud look so much better than the rest of the ponies in this set? She looks absolutely amazing, but the rest of them look a little goofy tbh. Especially Big Macintosh, we've been waiting for him for like 7 years now? And he has a funky mohawk and a super slender build? It'd be nice to see Dj with proper eyes and removable glasses, the painted on ones are always way too small and make her look weird. I kinda don't understand why they can give Maud proper bangs but not the rest of the ponies. If the ponies in this set that have bangs in the show came with nice styled hair I'd buy this in a heartbeat, but ultimately I'd be buying this set for 4 ponies. Idk if it's really worth it. I'm low on space and the last thing I need are more of the mane 6

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2017, 05:57:51 AM »
Maud really does look the best, I agree. I saw her single on ebay from a Chinese seller and thought she was cute.

I will never get used to the bulldog legs and heads lacking any sculpting, looking basically like a lollipop. I always loved the G4 brushies, tiny as they were. But I adored the style.
The new brushies look happier and have better poses but the style only works for a few of them. Maud is one of them.
I think it's the closed mouth in combination with the eye print and having rooted bangs :)

lostpony

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2017, 12:45:38 AM »
I also think Maud is great in this set.

Without looking close, I think it's the bangs.

And the way she blinks.  Oh wait, she doesn't.  But that might still contribute to why I like her as a toy.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2017, 12:41:32 PM »
I think all the G4s would look better with forelocks or bangs (like the very earliest G4s had).  It makes their foreheads look less huge-esque, which has always been an issue I had with the line.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2017, 04:02:28 PM »
I think all the G4s would look better with forelocks or bangs (like the very earliest G4s had).  It makes their foreheads look less huge-esque, which has always been an issue I had with the line.

That's up for debate, especially now that their heads have grown. I'll expect them to start floating away like that principal from South Park if they get much bigger.  XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2017, 03:36:46 AM »

That's up for debate, especially now that their heads have grown. I'll expect them to start floating away like that principal from South Park if they get much bigger.  XD

I love how this balloon head thing was in an older G5 predictions thread and now it's real.

lostpony

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2017, 04:26:48 AM »

Balloon heads are bad, M'kay.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2017, 09:32:19 PM »
So I saw these in person today. The Pinkie and Rarity that come with the carousel set are different from the ones in the big pack. Pinkie has clear glitter instead of pink and Rarity has her cutie mark on the opposite side. However the Twily that comes with Tempest is exactly the same as the one in the big pack. Same color glitter, cutie mark on the same side, and same exact pose. And since I want all the ponies in the big pack and Tempest I'm going to end up with duplicate Twilys.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal