collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New collection exclusive from Toysrus  (Read 7014 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: New collection exclusive from Toysrus
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 07:43:40 AM »
They misspelt Maud's name.. how do you make that error when it's a trademarked name.. o.O;

I honestly don't know why hasbro couldn't have released these brushables in the older mold. I dunno, they're still cool but the older mold would have been better *cries*

My thoughts exactly :( I want Big Mac (SO glad we have one without that stupid screenshot thing on his side! I was reluctantly prepared to acetone it off, but I'm always nervous about altering things like that.. ^^;) but the others, idk..

I like that Spitfire's there and doesn't have the mask, but I wish she didn't have the uniform at all tbh.. if that makes sense? I don't like the Wonderbolts outfit so maybe I'm biased ^^; but the no-mask-but-still-uniform combo just looks weird to me.

Wonder if we'll get these over here..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 11:23:38 AM »
I will wait and see if they appear in the UK but I'd rather they sold them as singles, because I suspect if I did get any of them, it would be Spitfire (because her colours are amazing and remind me of Sunset Shimmer, who also has amazing colours) and the rest of the set, not so fussed...

But I don't feel like dropping £60 for one pony and if it's $60 in the US that's what it'll be here, IF it comes here.

Also echo the new mould concern. I haven't seen a pony in this mould I like yet. I'm ok with the boring repetitiveness of the old pose because I like the expressions...but I really don't like the new...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 11:24:57 AM »
I will wait and see if they appear in the UK but I'd rather they sold them as singles, because I suspect if I did get any of them, it would be Spitfire (because her colours are amazing and remind me of Sunset Shimmer, who also has amazing colours) and the rest of the set, not so fussed...

But I don't feel like dropping £60 for one pony and if it's $60 in the US that's what it'll be here, IF it comes here.

Also echo the new mould concern. I haven't seen a pony in this mould I like yet. I'm ok with the boring repetitiveness of the old pose because I like the expressions...but I really don't like the new...

Ology on the MLPTP found that their heads and bodies are interchangeable.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 11:30:34 AM »

But if the character only exists in the new pose that's sort of pointless..?
I don't like the new heads or body styles, either, so...:/ I have looked at them many times, but they still look odd to me on shelves.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 11:34:48 AM »

But if the character only exists in the new pose that's sort of pointless..?
I don't like the new heads or body styles, either, so...:/ I have looked at them many times, but they still look odd to me on shelves.

True.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »
So excited for Big Mac and Maude... i wish they were just singles though. :D

I'm also excited for Coco Pommel... but why didn't they put her display side cutie mark? I bet it's probably because she already has the mark on the other side for a different product >.<
~Foxtale~

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 02:11:00 PM »
Hmm, interesting. I still don't like the new design but I AM still interested in getting any pony that's not mane 6. I'll probably have to get all of these.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 02:47:03 PM »
Who knew the day would come when I didn't care if I bought ponies...I think we've reached that point.

Tired of these random sets...they finally release bigmac and he looks goofy, meh. Nope.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 08:11:54 AM »
I went ahead and bought the set!  For $5 each isn't bad and it means I don't have the haunt the stores for the singles versions in fall/xmas.   besides i rationalized it further by reminding myself I'm not buying any of the fishy ponies.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 10:20:16 AM »
They misspelt Maud's name.. how do you make that error when it's a trademarked name.. o.O;

I honestly don't know why hasbro couldn't have released these brushables in the older mold. I dunno, they're still cool but the older mold would have been better *cries*

My thoughts exactly :( I want Big Mac (SO glad we have one without that stupid screenshot thing on his side! I was reluctantly prepared to acetone it off, but I'm always nervous about altering things like that.. ^^;) but the others, idk..

I like that Spitfire's there and doesn't have the mask, but I wish she didn't have the uniform at all tbh.. if that makes sense? I don't like the Wonderbolts outfit so maybe I'm biased ^^; but the no-mask-but-still-uniform combo just looks weird to me.

Wonder if we'll get these over here..

I've never liked the Wonderbolts uniform either especially when the mask and goggles are there too.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 10:46:48 AM »
They really need to stop it with that kind of tinsel. Kids want to comb the ponies and not just place them on a board. But I've had the previous ones with tinsel in my hands and that stuff is so easy to destroy and get in knots. Ugh.

Poor Fluttershy and Twi are paired with the DJ and the village doofus. Would have been worth the money if they came with their actual friends Moondancer and Treehugger instead of "adult collector favorites" :rolleyes:

Post Merge: July 15, 2017, 10:53:46 AM

Tired of these random sets...they finally release bigmac and he looks goofy, meh. Nope.

Not only goofy but they didn't even bother to give him his own hairstyle. How hard would it be to just give him longer, softer hair like the others instead of a mohawk? Guys can't have long hair even when they're horses.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:53:46 AM by Zapper »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »

Poor Fluttershy and Twi are paired with the DJ and the village doofus. Would have been worth the money if they came with their actual friends Moondancer and Treehugger instead of "adult collector favorites" :rolleyes:

Now see, if they had done this, that would have been enough to get me to buy this set (when on sale that is). Because that would have made at least 3 ponies that hadn't been released yet.  And Moondancer!
And aren't both of those characters popular with bronies, too?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 01:40:23 PM »
I do think it's pretty funny that they paired quiet Fluttershy up with a DJ.  I would've loved to see Treehugger instead.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 03:15:50 PM »
Big mac looks frunky with a moehawk ... blah i will pass on this, and eh dont want the main six yet again.   -_-

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 10:53:18 AM »
Mine just arrived today, and I love it!  Big Mac's mowhawk looks odd, but he'd look kinda like a princess if he had even a little bit longer hair :-P  They could have maybe done something like they did with Maud's hair, though.  Her hair is one of the best in this group of toys.  I think my favorite out of the bunch is Muffins.  She's so dang cute in the new "bubble-head" style!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal