collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's up with the factory paint on my Ember?!  (Read 728 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
What's up with the factory paint on my Ember?!
« on: July 12, 2017, 05:05:41 PM »
Hello! I need some help with identifying what's going on with my blue Ember. She's perfectly fine, just a little plasticizer leaking, and a little fading on her ear tips - nothing unusual, pretty good condition. But, shortly after I bought her at an antique mall, I realized she had a perfect, tiny dot of black factory paint on her right ear. It just a bit smaller than the white dots in her eyes. I am pretty sure it's factory paint, because it has the same shine as her eye paint does, and there are no other marks on her whatsoever. If you're looking at the top of her head when she is facing you, it is on the lower right side of the top of her ear. The other weird thing going on with her paint is that there are two white shines in her right eye. Sure you know this, lol, but G1 ponies only have one shine per eye! Her right eye looks rubbed, but I don't think it actually is. All of her other paint is perfect. It looks as if green leaked into her pupil, or the black was rubbed off, showing green underneath. But, the eye color is stamped on top of the pupil because it creates the outline, I think? (The eye is created first by stamping the lashes or the whites, then the pupil which is slightly larger than the curve of the crescent of eye color, followed by the eye color in a crescent shape, which creates the outline of the iris and the pupil?) If my assumptions are correct, than the black wasn't rubbed off, rather green bled onto the black. Then comes the second eye shine. It is at the bottom of the pupil, and it looks like there is black underneath. The bleeding green goes around it and reaches the normally placed shine. And that is it. I would really appreciate some help! Thank you for reading! Also, I would post pictures if I could but I don't have photobucket or an image hosting service and can't get one. Thanks again! :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: What's up with the factory paint on my Ember?!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 08:10:56 PM »
Hi! I don't know if this helps, but I think the order of stamping is 1) white part, 2) colored part, 3) black part, 4) "shine." I think this because I have a Munchy with a bad eye rub, and the black part of her eye is rubbed off, revealing green and a little bit of white underneath.

It sounds like your Ember accidentally received two "shines" in her right eye at the factory, in addition to getting some of the black factory paint on her ear? Here's a hasty picture of mine for reference:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 11:05:44 AM »
Oh, your Munchy's eye looks exactly like my Ember's! Except my Ember has a more pronounced extra white bit. The stamping probably goes in the order you specified. Too bad Hasbro didn't tell us how they made G1s  :wonder: Why would there be another white part in addition to the shine, though? Maybe it was a malfunction in the stamper?

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 01:21:47 PM »
Why would there be another white part in addition to the shine, though? Maybe it was a malfunction in the stamper?
Hmmm, possibly? I think there are some ponies who accidentally get two white dots in their eyes because of a factory malfunction, so maybe that's what happened with your Ember.  :wonder:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal