collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Target Exclusive FS Magic of Everypony Collection  (Read 12186 times)

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive FS Magic of Everypony Collection
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2017, 03:09:58 AM »
Since the thing I like most about the restyled G4s is their dynamic poses... these fashion styles don't do it for me! I think the rounder noses of the old style ones are far cuter...

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2017, 05:36:29 AM »
Wow, finally a set of G4s where there's actually a factory curl to speak of! Still, I can't get over their gray eye highlights :/ they're really cute otherwise.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2017, 06:21:06 AM »
These huge target boxes are killing me! I love the FS ponies so much and being the first re-boot set this is a must have XD
~Foxtale~

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2017, 06:46:51 AM »
Passing on this one. I don't like the balloon-head 4.5's at all, and repeated releases of old ponies like Cheerilee and Lyra in new poses hasn't swayed me. I think I'll pick up some of the new movie characters like Sky Song, but definitely not more Mane 6.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline legodrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2017, 07:20:04 AM »
I like the set, will definitely get it  but I have to say it, hasbro had the right wings for Princess Twilight in the G4 fashion Styles (at least they used it in the Sdcc glitter and crystals exclusive) and in the new small brushables (G4.5) they did molded them differently from the regular pegassus, why are they "regular" in this set?  -_-

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »
@Olympus True! :snicker:

@lostpony That picture rocks so hard! Also, there are some strange coinkydinks in this world.

@Shy Violet Well said, little kids like variety, something Hasbro has forgotten and something most people know.

@orangepeachmango No. That's partially incorrect, kids do like variety. Even Transformers isn't this bad. Sure, there's returning fan favorites in every toyline but the newer or lesser used characters get fair amounts of rotation. MLP used to have that For 3 consecutive generations but now it doesn't and it's a baffling decision. My daughter loves all gens, she's had 2 Fluttershys, 3 Rainbowdashes and 2 Princess Lunas come her way and she's gotten rid of the excess and is always looking for new characters. Plus we're definitely allowed to have our opinions as this is a toy collecting forum.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:55:16 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2017, 07:48:11 AM »
I remember liking ponies as a young kid, though I was around 11 when I started liking ponies. Not really sure if I was the target demographic since most pony collectors I know are younger than me. While I was going into my teens when I started liking ponies, others were between 3-8 probably.

Are there really 3-5 year olds who are insisting on having show accurate brushable hair? Most kids I know, as soon as that pony comes out of the box that hair isn't going to stay 'show accurate' very long. That's the story of brushable hair. The only people I really see having a fit over needing 'show accurate' ponies are in fact the new 'older' G4 fandom; not children.

I've been collecting ponies for 30+ years (since 83), even back in the day I never though, I totally need a show accurate First Tooth Baby pony. Actually I seem to remember seeing new ponies in the store before I even saw episodes of the show. Yea before internet and 50 billion channels. There were no 10 reruns of MLP in a row back in my day.

So saying they're making these 'show accurate' toys for children is probably a little bit of a stretch. Unless we're talking children as in 20something (LOL!).
While I don't have my own children I do have a lot of little cousins and I don't know any of those little kids who have ever decided to buy or want a toy because it had show accurate hair. :/
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2017, 07:50:31 AM »
I've been collecting ponies for 30+ years (since 83), even back in the day I never though, I totally need a show accurate First Tooth Baby pony. Actually I seem to remember seeing new ponies in the store before I even saw episodes of the show. Yea before internet and 50 billion channels. There were no 10 reruns of MLP in a row back in my day.
Well you can't really compare these things because the cartoon for g1 was just a toy ad, it was never as important as FiM
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2017, 07:59:04 AM »
Well you can't really compare these things because the cartoon for g1 was just a toy ad, it was never as important as FiM
All of Hasbro's cartoons and movies are toy ads. You can have a fun cartoon that is still a toy ad. Saying FiM isn't a toy ad when it is just as much so as MLP and Friends, Tales, G3 and Newborn Cuties is incorrect.

Transformers, Joe and Jem fans know it. Moondreamer, M.A.S.K and Inhumanoid fans know it.

So why pretend that MLP is suddenly different and special and not like it's older incarnations and those other Hasbro franchises when it clearly isn't?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:07:13 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
All of Hasbro's cartoons, movies and comics are toy ads. You can have a fun cartoon that is still a toy ad. Saying FiM isn't a toy ad when it is just as much so as MLP and Friends, Tales and G3 is incorrect.

That's not what i wanted to say.While FiM is still a toy ad, it became so important that for a lot of people it became what MLP is, instead of the toys.The older generations cartoons were never so popular that they became more popular than the toyline it was an ad for.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2017, 08:06:49 AM »
All of Hasbro's cartoons, movies and comics are toy ads. You can have a fun cartoon that is still a toy ad. Saying FiM isn't a toy ad when it is just as much so as MLP and Friends, Tales and G3 is incorrect.

That's not what i wanted to say.While FiM is still a toy ad, it became so important that for a lot of people it became what MLP is, instead of the toys.The older generations cartoons were never so popular that they became more popular than the toyline it was an ad for.

So older MLP cartoons were never popular?  I'm really starting to get sick of this kind of retconning.

Contrary to popular belief, Friends and Tales were well received. Otherwise it wouldn't have survived.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:12:07 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2017, 08:18:04 AM »

So older MLP cartoons were never popular?  Nice retconning.
Where did i say that?What i wanted to say all along was that g1 never needed show accurate toys because the show wasn't what was the most important thing, it was the toys.This balance changed for g4, where the show became more popular than the toys, mostly because of the brony fandom.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2017, 08:24:56 AM »
You said it was never important.

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2017, 08:31:13 AM »
Are you reading only half of my sentences? What i said was that the older generations cartoons were never more important and popular than their toyline like FiM is to the g4 toyline.I never said they were never important.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2017, 09:15:54 AM »
I bet the price point of $60 is with the idea of it being 33% off at the first sale...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal