collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Target Exclusive FS Magic of Everypony Collection  (Read 12075 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive FS Magic of Everypony Collection
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »
The show accurate hair is nice but I am so beyond over the mane six I can't think of anything that would get me to buy more of them.

Yes, this for me, too.  Only new characters for me from now on.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »
Every single set that is one of these six is not new. I don't care if they turn into flying land shark-jets. They're old and certainly aren't worth $60.

:lmao:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »
Is it me, or is it really weird that when trying to make them *show accurate* they made Twilight the completely wrong colour?!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »
I hate their balloon heads but I gotta give it to Hasbrony; finally bangs on brushables!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »
Excited to get these! With me hopefully getting an actual job soon in addition to the small "job" I have now where I'm commissioned to make deserts, I'll try to save up $60 to get them at some point.

I've completely fallen in love with 4.5s after getting the normal sized Rarity and Pinkie Pie, so I look forward to having these fashion style-sized ones.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 08:26:57 PM »
The show accurate hair is nice but I am so beyond over the mane six I can't think of anything that would get me to buy more of them.

While I am totally over the mane 6 as well, I think it's worth not forgetting that this is a toy line for little kids, and little kids WANT to see their fav characters. Honestly, we aren't their target demographic. If there's one thing I've learned babysitting my pony obsessed niece, it's that one little girl can simply Never have enough rainbow dash merch x'D

You don't have to buy this set, and you only have to buy the new characters if that's what you want, but hasbro really.. Is going to keep making for their target audience. It's a toy company. It's their job.

wishlist

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »
Umm, neither of us said "Omg! Hasbro you so stupid!"   We both simply stated our own opinion and what we would be purchasing or not purchasing.  No need for reminders about Hasbro being a children's toy company :/

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 09:45:11 PM »
All I can say is, finally. Finally sculpted to look like the show. Finally with effort put into the hair, which is so integral to the designs of these characters. Finally fashion style size...since I grew up with G1, a pony isn't quite a pony if its rump doesn't fit nicely into your palm for easy adventuring.

The only thing I don't love about this set is the static poses! I think the dynamic sculpts of the smaller G4.5s are so cute. I just want those in this size with hair styles.

Early on I loved G4 as a show and felt let down by the toys (my opposite perception of G1.) G4.5 starts to turn that around - these look like the pony toys they should have made back in 2010. Cute!

lostpony

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 10:05:52 PM »
... one little girl can simply Never have enough rainbow dash merch x'D

True dat.  Or aging codgers like me.  Even if RD did stop being my fave as soon as I saw the show...

But to call it "everypony"?  I clicked the link expecting like a 50-pony set or something.  Everypony knows Luna and Tia are best pony and they're not in there, so....pout.  Unforgivably inaccurate set name.

Still, it's always fun to have a big set at target to see every time I go in there looking for ponies.  I don't have to buy them to enjoy the eye candy, like the Wonderbolts FS set that i never buy now.  I wonder when these are going to arrive at my Targets.  Maybe I can play movie ponies vs wonderbolts with them on the floor until they throw me out of the store.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 10:08:13 PM »

While I am totally over the mane 6 as well, I think it's worth not forgetting that this is a toy line for little kids, and little kids WANT to see their fav characters. Honestly, we aren't their target demographic. If there's one thing I've learned babysitting my pony obsessed niece, it's that one little girl can simply Never have enough rainbow dash merch x'D

You don't have to buy this set, and you only have to buy the new characters if that's what you want, but hasbro really.. Is going to keep making for their target audience. It's a toy company. It's their job.

I think you took my comment more negatively than I meant it. I don't expect Hasbro to cater to me or adult collectors at all. I'm also a mom of a 9 year old daughter who has been playing with ponies since she was 4 and she is also over having 10 Pinkies etc. She is so bored with mlp that she lost total interest with never getting any new characters. And she hasn't outgrown toys, she plays with tons of other toy lines that offer new characters all the time to keep her interested. Yes kids are ok with some doubles but they're not stupid either and like variety. I also agree that it's a good move to have the mane 6 in constant circulation for kids getting into the series. I simply meant that I won't be worrying about having to track these down for myself because I have enough mane 6 for a lifetime. I wasn't complaining that there weren't any new characters in the set. I've been super patient with Hasbro and buy the mane 6 again if it's a good gimmick like the pearly ponies but I'm at the point now that I have too many and I won't be getting this set. Saving my wallet.  :)

lostpony

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »
Saving your wallet is not a bad idea; there's a lot of great new toys coming out! 

I put a link to a toy fair video of the new toys here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,387052.0.html

Personally I don't think 10 is enough Pinkys, but I'd buy a new pony first.

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 11:44:05 PM »
One. Dumb name, totally cringe-worthy. Two the set isn't good. It's the same characters over and over again. I think Hasbro's brains are stuck on a permanent loop.  :throw: Someone knock the needle off the record so we can get something new for once.

Every single set that is one of these six is not new. I don't care if they turn into flying land shark-jets. They're old and certainly aren't worth $60.

A pony turning into a flying land shark-jet sounds pretty cool, though. I'd buy one.

What would that even look like? :what:

I'm not sure... but if Hasbro can make Optimus Prime transform into a Gorilla, then I'm sure they can turn Pinkie Pie into a shark-jet.

lostpony

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 01:20:32 AM »
Pinky shark-jet?

Maybe it would look something like this:
pinkysharkjet by a lostpony, on Flickr

scary, huh?  I'd buy it.
Ironically in the news yesterday in the SF Bay area, a kayak was bitten by a great white and a jet almost landed on a taxiway.  If only they had a pony this would have been a mashup of the news.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 02:06:35 AM »
I have kinda mixed feelings about these, I do like the new molds but I wish they were in more unique poses than the last fashion styles, I'm not sure if they're different enough from my current mane 6 to invest $60 in this set. I'm also not sure I have the space!  :P I also love love love they styled hair on them! Finally ponies with bangs I don't have to try and style myself! However I wish Twilight's colors were a little closer to the show (that shade of purple they used for her body is atrocious, I wonder why they went so dark?) and it looks like they got Rainbow Dash's mane wrong still! Only the bangs are red/orange/yellow! I can see it peeking out behind her neck too, I hope it's not like all the other Rainbow releases where the blue and purple is only in he tail. :( I really want a Rainbow Dash with actual rainbow hair!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 02:51:36 AM »
I expect more sets to be released as well. We still have that Songbird Serenade one and some reboot-style Maud Pie and Coco Pommel. The Wonderbolts line also contained more sets.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal