collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello, I'm Safflower!  (Read 879 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Hello, I'm Safflower!
« on: July 12, 2017, 02:11:33 PM »
 Hello, everyone, my name is Safflower!  :biggrin: I am new to the arena and really happy to be here. I live in the U.S. and have loved MLP since I can remember. I was first introduced to ponies when my mom bought me the Twinkle Wish Adventure movie  :P I also had some McDonald's G3 ponies at the time, but no actual G3s, lol! I slowly grew out of MLP until I saw FiM. I watched it when it first came out and played the games on the Hub's website. I still watch FiM to this day. And of course, with a new generation came new McDonald's ponies! I had a lot of the G4 McDonald's toys, and I still had my G3s from McD's, so I played with those! Like with G3, I had no actual G4s. About a year ago, around the beginning of June, my mom and I went to an antique mall.  I had heard of previous generations, and... decided they looked weird and I didn't want any. Well, was I going to be proven wrong! One of the sellers had a basket of G1s! I looked through it and saw they were WAAY overpriced for their condition. Adults were $8, babies were $5. Most had nail polish on their hooves and lips, some had marks, and most had smooze or fading. I chose 3: Magic Star, DJ, and blue Baby Ember! They were the ones in the best condition. Once I saw them in person, I really loved them, so I spent the whole day researching them! I found the arena, the TP, mlw, Ponyland Press, and the MLP preservation project! I cleaned them up the following day and styled their hair. I kept reading the posts on the arena daily, but never thought to make an account! I finally realized that I should, so here I am! I can't take pictures of my collection, but here's a list: DJ, Magic Star, Ember, Italian Cotton Candy, Little Flitter, Sea Shimmer, BBE Lickety Split, Sunnybunch, Starflower, Moonstone, Sundance, Nibbles Dibbles, Dancing Butterflies, Baby Lofty, May Lily of the Valley, Sprinkles, Medley, Applejack, My Pretty Pony (White) and a baby Yo-Yo! Thank you for reading! I look forward to being a member here!  :frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hello, I'm Safflower!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:45:44 PM »
Welcome to the arena!

Wow you have My Pretty Pony, I want one of those.  Sounds like your collection is very well loved.  If you'd like to share pics of your collection we'd love to see them in the Pony Brag forum.  Seems like you already know your way around here....so glad you decided to join up! 

Hope you have a great time here.

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 09:13:10 AM »
  Thank you Lostpony! Yeah, I'm really glad I have a MPP! My relatives live a little farther away than where I live, so when I visit I check Craigslist. I found a seller who was selling a bunch of toys, and I looked at the photos and there she was! I could tell she had a minor hair trim, but the seller said her mechanisms worked fine so I bought her for around 3 dollars! The seller said she would meet me near one of the Best Buys there, but she "forgot" to show up. I was really scared I wouldn't get her! Thankfully, she shipped her to me and all was good  :lol: When she arrived I cleaned her up and noticed a bit of her eyelashes were missing  :blink: But, it isn't too noticeable, so all is good! Her mechanism works perfectly too.

Also, I would post pictures, but I can't really figure out how since I don't have an image hosting service and don't want to mess with one. I think I might be able to use Google Cloud though, so maybe soon!

lostpony

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 03:18:56 PM »
You so lucky!!  Every time I go looking for ponies on Craigslist I only find people who think all ponies are rare and valuable.

Image hosting has been a bugaboo here lately as Photobucket which many of us used to use just cut off the 3-rd party image access so you will see a lot of missing images around here from those of us who haven't fixed up our links yet.  I'm now using flickr and I think some are using tumblr but at any rate, take your time and enjoy the forums until you figure it out.  There's no requirement to post images or anything so no worries.

Let's see what else....McD ponies.  I love McD ponies!  Even though I kinda dislike the mix of brushable and molded hair on the same pony.  I once finished up an incomplete custom McD 3.5 Toola Roola someone had cut the molded tail off of so I cleaned up all the flashing and stuck a brushable tail in there and she was just as wonderful as a real 3.5! just not as big and heavy.

Ah let's see you also mentioned mlppreservationproject website, did you know that site belongs to our very own FarDreamer?  She's so cool and you can pm her.

Well, have fun on the forums! make yourself at home.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 11:24:19 PM »
Welcome to the Arena Safflower!!!

I look forward to hearing how your collection continues to grow now that you are apart of this wonderful community :lovey:

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 09:00:39 AM »
  Yeah, that was the only time I bought a pony on Craigslist. There aren't many G1s on Craigslist where I live to begin with, and the ones that are there are about 5-10 dollars each, even a cancerous brown Starshine with hair trims!  >_<

What the heck is Photobucket thinking? I read the thread on it but still can't understand why they thought it was reasonable. Turns out google cloud doesn't give you image urls, so pictures will have to wait.

Oh, and 3.5 McD's ponies! I have a few. I experimented with a Pinkie Pie once, as I wanted to make her into a Firefly custom. I colored her hair with blue sharpie! It actually worked, sort of.. lol. It was blue, even when I washed it out. I don't know if that would damage the hair though. Speaking of cutting of molded hair, I wanted to make a G4 RD McD's into a Sweet Pop, so I cut off her mane and bangs with a plastic clay knife. I didn't think it would work, but it did the job! I'm almost done with her mane and tail, as I am making them out of clay.

I also forgot to mention that my main hobby was art in the original post, oops! Also, thanks Spinky69er!

lostpony

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 01:14:24 PM »
Ah great yes McD ponies are good for customizing.

Well you already know about the arts n crafts forum, but without an account you couldn't see the pictures before?  I'm sure you'll enjoy browsing through there and hopefully contributing once you setup some hosting.  I'd like to see your Sweet Pop when she's done, or in progress.

Eh, photobucket well I already went on and on about it in that thread so no need to get redundant here, but at any rate flickr was pretty easy to setup and use. 

Hope you're having a good time here!

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
Lol, I scrolled through the arts and crafts forum as soon as I made this post! :biggrin: Yeah, as a guest I couldn't see any pictures, view links, and see people's profiles. And I'm definitely having fun!!  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »
Welcome to the Arena from across the pond :D

It seems to be a growing thing, this cross-generational collecting, with one generation inspiring interest in others. I love that it's that way, because it gets so many more people into the hobby and all generations are awesome in their own way :D

You do know that getting an account here means your collection will undoubtedly start to grow. They breed, you know, ponies. ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 11:10:41 AM »
Welcome to the Arena from across the pond :D

It seems to be a growing thing, this cross-generational collecting, with one generation inspiring interest in others. I love that it's that way, because it gets so many more people into the hobby and all generations are awesome in their own way :D

You do know that getting an account here means your collection will undoubtedly start to grow. They breed, you know, ponies. ;)

Thank you! I agree, I am seeing more people like me who are getting into G1 because of later generations, and how it's awesome ^.^ And  :rofl:, I hope my collection will grow!  :biggrin:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »
Great to have you here Safflower :)  I enjoyed reading your intro because it reminded me of how I got hooked on ponies all those years ago. I hope you enjoy being part of the online community :frolic:

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 10:19:35 AM »
Thank you! I'm already enjoying it here  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal