collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone capable of editing the Wiki?  (Read 677 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Anyone capable of editing the Wiki?
« on: July 17, 2017, 02:32:15 AM »
I know absol was around the other week but I don't want to bug her by email because I know how busy she is.

I was on the wiki the other day and I saw that a couple of pages were referencing an old version of my site (possibly from wayback machine?) that is no longer online. The references were on Baby Susie and Billie's pages and were using my old site to reference the possibility the alt pose versions came from the Netherlands.

That was a rumour that circulated more than 15 years ago and I took it off my site because while it can't be verified, it looks extremely unlikely. Both the existing alt pose ponies from this set were bought from UK ebay and so the origin appears to be here.

The current version of my website for this set is here:
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/1993_bestfriendsbabies.htm

I would really like if the wiki didn't reference outdated and corrected versions of my website for information, so if someone could change this I'd be grateful. Information on UK and European ponies changes a lot with new information coming forward, so I would also appreciate it if only the current version of my website was referenced on any wiki pages. I don't know if this referencing has happened anywhere other than those pages.

Thank you people.

Also, as a sidenote, the Susie page says the alternative pony is in Ember's pose. That's not correct, the original is in Ember's pose. The alternate is in Baby Blossom's pose.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:36:21 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone capable of editing the Wiki?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »
I've edited the pages a bit.  Let me know if you'd like it to say anything else.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »
I am really just concerned that people are getting wrong information because of the outdated link. I would have assumed it was just not uptodate but because it was a wayback type link it looked like someone went digging for the old site to keep the unconfirmed info rather than updating the info and link  o.o.

Thank you for looking at it for me. I appreciate it!!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 11:46:49 AM »
I am really just concerned that people are getting wrong information because of the outdated link. I would have assumed it was just not uptodate but because it was a wayback type link it looked like someone went digging for the old site to keep the unconfirmed info rather than updating the info and link  o.o.

I'm guessing they probably didn't realize the page had moved/assumed your site was down entirely and that's why it was a Wayback Machine link :) Course, I could be wrong.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 12:23:04 PM »

I'm guessing they probably didn't realize the page had moved/assumed your site was down entirely and that's why it was a Wayback Machine link :) Course, I could be wrong.
I think that's doubtful since the current version of my website is linked from other pages on the Wiki. I dunno how it happened but I'd just like to make sure that no links of any kind to removed versions of my site are up there. If the information isn't on the current site it's been superseded, so I'm grateful to Breyer600 for fixing it :D

It doesn't matter now anyhow. The issue's been sorted :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:24:37 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal