collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning Advice: Can I machine wash a plushie (with plastic bead filling)?  (Read 737 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to advise me on whether a washing machine would clean my Tennie Tums Iron Man, or destroy it?

The tush tag says "Spot clean with wet cloth only" and it's made of Polyester fabric/stuffing and Polypropylene beads in the bottom. He also has glass/plastic eyes.

He had a cup of coffee spilt on him, which I believe soaked into him quite significantly because he stinks and has a slightly darker stain over half his head. I tried spot cleaning but the water soaks into him so fast I worry about him drying out or going mouldy. He wasn't cleaned immediately after the incident because the coffee spiller didn't realise he (and a couple other toys) had been hit and I wasn't told they were in the splash zone (I noticed the staining days later)...

So do you think I could toss him in a pillow case and into the machine then hang him out on a sunny day without causing more damage? Thanks.  ^.^

This is what he looks like (stock image)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:30:32 AM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Never mind, I went ahead and popped him in a delicates bag and gave him a spin. No more stains, doesn't stink of coffee, and so far it seems he's drying decently.

So I guess the answer is yes? Lol
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
lol was gonna pop in and say just stick him in a delicates bag or in a pillow case and wash like normal and hang dry.  we end up doing that when we get stuffed animals in the laundry at work.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
That's how we wash our plushies (one has a beanie tummy) - in a pillow case, delicate load, and then on lowest heat setting in the dryer while the rest of the clothes dry in the other dryers (we go to a laundromat).
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal