collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?  (Read 61108 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?
« Reply #630 on: March 05, 2018, 04:20:36 PM »
I think they are cute and I'm glad I got a couple (I especially like the joints) but I do still think the Bridge Direct retro style ponies are cuter...

I would have liked these much better if they had looked more like exact replicas of G1 instead of with the larger heads...

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 05, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »
I don't like the big heads either.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 06, 2018, 12:45:16 AM »
I think they are cute and I'm glad I got a couple (I especially like the joints) but I do still think the Bridge Direct retro style ponies are cuter...

I would have liked these much better if they had looked more like exact replicas of G1 instead of with the larger heads...

Agreed. At first, I was so put off by the heads that I wasn't going to buy any. Then, I decided to get Minty & Glory. I'm glad I did. I've been debating getting some of the others. I'd love to have Lickety Split, but I'm not sure if I want to shell out what she's going for on Ebay.

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #633 on: March 07, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »
Toys R Us is starting to get in these ponies now too, and they have a special case with new chase figures!
1/24 Glow in the Dark Minty
1/48 Flocked Princess Sparkle
1/96 Clear Glitter Sundance

I feel confused honestly. They seemed to start a new wave of these figures and from what I read here, they now stopped? I had seen a few of the ones stated in the quote but can't find any lately. Got a few from Ebay, didn't mean to get them all and am therefore, beside the newer ones in the quote above, missing: flocked firefly, pearly Lickety Split and "regular" chase Snuzzle. Also pearly Firefly, in theory, but she's not worth to me what she's asked for on Ebay.

Anyway, I have a duplicate GITD Applejack who is still in the US at a friend's... spent $40, didn't realize I already had her.  I would trade (or partial trade) her against anything missing - except Snuzzle who I'm waiting to get for around $20 on Ebay.
Anyone interested please PM. :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:44:50 PM by Tiara546 »

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 08, 2018, 12:26:54 AM »
In case the line ends I'm trying to figure out how many clear glittery ponies were made and the allocations... Does anybody have comments on the information below? Were a chase Glory/Gusty ever sighted?

Sundance (TRU 1/96 chase)
Applejack (proto displayed at Toy Fair 2017)
Minty (HT 1/48 chase)
Glory
Princess Sparkle (HT 1/96 chase)
Firefly (proto displayed at Toy Fair 2017)

Snuzzle (SDCC exclusive)
Gusty
Lickety Split (SDCC exclusive)

Offline Beckysaurus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 23, 2018, 12:19:20 PM »
In case the line ends I'm trying to figure out how many clear glittery ponies were made and the allocations... Does anybody have comments on the information below? Were a chase Glory/Gusty ever sighted?

Minty (HT 1/48 chase)
Glory

Snuzzle (SDCC exclusive)
Gusty

No clear crystal GLory or Gusty yet! I don't think this line is ending, though :)
Instagram: NoTimeforAdulthood
Loyal Subjects Ponies for trade/sale
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,387609.0.html

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 23, 2018, 12:25:36 PM »

Minty (HT 1/48 chase)
Glory

Snuzzle (SDCC exclusive)
Gusty

No clear crystal GLory or Gusty yet! I don't think this line is ending, though :)

Sadly the reps at the Toy Show said there are no plans ot make any more ponies. They didn't renew the license at this time.

Great list!
~Foxtale~

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 23, 2018, 04:26:46 PM »
The Loyal Subjets Blog did not include MLP for a wave 2.  Also, they said they were losing money & new figures will cost a little more.....  These are way too expensive(!!!) already for gimmicky blind box figures- my HT had them at $14.99!  I would've preferred to just pay a set price.  I had to walk away after refusing to spend $30 on 2 boxes. -_-  Ended up getting them for 7.99 +cb at Tillys web sale.

I think this is the end...  they didn't have enough interest & buyers to cont.  But these had the worst distribution & I couldn't find them anywhere except HT (which has been sold out since mid Jan). 

I really love these beautifully bright figures & their heavy weight.  I'm missing the chasers & gusty....  contact me if you have ^.^  lol.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 23, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »
Really there's no one to fault but their own poor choice of distribution. A 15$ toy is not a good pick for a blind box retail model, especially with a number of the more popular characters only available as chase figures.  Can't say I'm surprised at all to hear they lost money on them.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #639 on: March 23, 2018, 11:08:04 PM »
Didn't know they were not going to continue these.. Just went and bought Firefly.. I needed one to custom (bought 2) and I wish I could spend more for the ones I'm missing :(
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 24, 2018, 08:35:34 AM »
Really there's no one to fault but their own poor choice of distribution. A 15$ toy is not a good pick for a blind box retail model, especially with a number of the more popular characters only available as chase figures.  Can't say I'm surprised at all to hear they lost money on them.

I think it's more a case of aiming for the wrong market. Their usual audience of fans of "retro boy's cartoon" characters is used to their usual model. But they tried to do like Funko and expand out of their tiny niche audience.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Cheshire_Raptor

• Smoozed Pony
  • We're All Mad Here, or Soon Will Be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 24, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »
 :shocked:
What are these? I have not heard of these and they look interesting! I am intrigued! Please, someone tell me more as I must now add these to my wish list! Because you know, it's not big enough yet. LOL

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 24, 2018, 09:46:29 AM »

Gotta agree with you there.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 24, 2018, 10:33:04 AM »
I also think the poor distribution was a factor in Loyal Subjects choosing not to continue these.

I bought several from Hot Topic but never found any other store that carried them in my area so I never had a fair chance to find Snuzzle or Gusty. I did mange to get the exclusive glitter and pearly Lickety Split when Hot Topic sold them online.

My Hot Topic also moved them and all other blind box toys up to a very high shelf. I had to stand up on tiptoes to reach in to the box just to grab a few. I know I could have asked an employee for help but I would have been embarrased to have to ask for multiple boxes and then only buy one or two.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #644 on: March 24, 2018, 11:02:35 AM »
Our TRU looked to have gotten just one box of them, so I got just one, as I usually don't buy blind box stuff. I got Applejack!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal