collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?  (Read 61020 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?
« Reply #450 on: September 06, 2017, 04:35:08 AM »
Finally got Snuzzle <3 and a double of Prince Sparkle.. which at least isn't a double of Glory again XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 06, 2017, 05:15:18 AM »
But to be fair, Hasbro has never called them symbols.  The official terms in G1 / G2 were "rump markings" and "rump design".

Sometimes Hasbro is surprisingly bad at naming things.

Bwaha! I think it's also another "you failed me once again" thing. Fans have called them symbols for a long time and when Hasbro finally changed the name for G3 they named them "cutie marks" instead of "symbols" but still proceeded to make a looot of G4 fan names canon later on.
Maybe us fans should have threatened the G3 people and screamed loud enough and they would be "symbols" now  ;)

Anyways, I still wish I could have a Gusty. Why is she so rare. Wth is the reasoning behind choosing her. Are Gusty and Snuzzle super popular with collectors?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 06, 2017, 05:48:35 AM »
Finally got Snuzzle <3 and a double of Prince Sparkle.. which at least isn't a double of Glory again XD

Congrats on Snuzzle. :)

I also wonder why they chose Gusty, Snuzzle and Lickety Split as the chase figures.   

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 06, 2017, 06:09:26 AM »
But to be fair, Hasbro has never called them symbols.  The official terms in G1 / G2 were "rump markings" and "rump design".

Sometimes Hasbro is surprisingly bad at naming things.

Bwaha! I think it's also another "you failed me once again" thing. Fans have called them symbols for a long time and when Hasbro finally changed the name for G3 they named them "cutie marks" instead of "symbols" but still proceeded to make a looot of G4 fan names canon later on.
Maybe us fans should have threatened the G3 people and screamed loud enough and they would be "symbols" now  ;)

Anyways, I still wish I could have a Gusty. Why is she so rare. Wth is the reasoning behind choosing her. Are Gusty and Snuzzle super popular with collectors?

They weren't even called "cutie marks" until later in G3. And for some reason I remember seeing "markings" used fairly frequently mostly by people who were also into model horses. And I also remember a lot of people saying the pony had whatever "on it". Like "pink pony with a kite on it".
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 06, 2017, 06:51:19 AM »
These aren't official made by hasbro right?  I was going to say this'll be interesting to see which characters hasbro still has the rights to but it's another company I'm sure.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 06, 2017, 06:52:35 AM »

Congrats on Snuzzle! :heart:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 06, 2017, 07:08:34 AM »
These aren't official made by hasbro right?  I was going to say this'll be interesting to see which characters hasbro still has the rights to but it's another company I'm sure.

They're liscened by Hasbro but made by Loyal Subjects. :) The cards do say Trademark next to the pony names and Copyright Hasbro.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 06, 2017, 07:10:43 AM »

They have both Hasbro and The Loyal Subjects stamped on them. I imagine their Transformers and G.I. Joes have the same.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:19:53 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 06, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »

Hasbro can use any pony they want. Even with it being a licensed company, they still have to buy the license from Hasbro.  Notice that all of these ponies are the same group being used for all "retro" merch.  I think the real problem will be deciding which g1 ponies are the most popular.  There are so many to choose from and few that stand out noticeably more than the others.  Especially if your hoping to cash in on nostalgia from non-collectors. 

I also suspect that hair color would play a roll.  Notice how they didn't use Starshine in this set even though she is one of the regularly licensed ponies.  Not even as a chase figure.  I speculate that painting multicolored hair was considered to be too labor intensive.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #459 on: September 06, 2017, 08:33:02 AM »
I also suspect that hair color would play a roll.  Notice how they didn't use Starshine in this set even though she is one of the regularly licensed ponies.  Not even as a chase figure.  I speculate that painting multicolored hair was considered to be too labor intensive.

Ohhh, that is such a good point!  How was the hair done on Glory?  Is it a base of purple plastic and the blue streak is painted in?

@Majesty  Hasbro still has the rights to these pony characters, The Loyal Subjects are just licensees.  It's like when you see socks with G4 ponies on them. Hasbro doesn't make the socks themselves, but the socks ARE official licensed products;  the sock company is paying Hasbro to allow their popular pony characters to be put on socks.  Hope that makes sense. :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:37:03 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 06, 2017, 09:34:54 AM »
Here's a pic of Glory

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 06, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »
Here's a pic of Glory

Ponyfan

She's cute!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 06, 2017, 08:05:55 PM »
I opened up the two boxes I got (for an unboxing video) and I got Princess Sparkle and (another) Sundance! Wahoo!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline centaurette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • i'm preparing to shine... from the inside, out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 06, 2017, 10:19:53 PM »
forgive me if this is in the totally wrong place, but i have an applejack for trade if anyone's interested? i have her box, collector card and even the bag she came in! i'm looking for anyone other than minty! <3 i think these are so super cute, i was really surprised at how articulated they are! i had a lot of fun posing my applejack after i opened her, hehe!

also can i ask, why do people get so bent out of shape about the 'cutie mark' thing? i mean it doesn't really matter if someone calls them cutie marks, does it? i'm new to collecting but i've been calling them cutie marks my whole life. i think it fits in better with the whimsical-girly style of the lore than just 'symbols'? to each their own!

Because it's trying to hard to be cutesy and just sounds dumb. Plus we don't say cutie mark in G1 and G2.  It's not accurate.

It's just as obnoxious as Care Bears"belly badge"
oh jeez, i didn't mean to strike a nerve. i genuinely don't believe it's that deep; i was just curious! i guess everyone has their own preferences! i have happy memories of my younger brother and i making up backstories for my older ponies symbols, so 'cutie marks' just resonates with me more :heart:  thanks for the tip, and sorry if i upset you! :drunk:

i mean i think it's cute! it is for little kids, i always thought stuff like that was sweet, but then again i have a habit of giving cute names to just about everything i own (despite being in my 20's)! but like i say, thank you for the information, i always appreciate new opinions and info! :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 07, 2017, 06:37:29 AM »
Let's be real, if they paid attention to pre-G4 collectors they'd make a ton of Mimic merch :lol:
It wouldn't be that hard. I think Mimic was the protagonist in one of the old MLP episodes. I'm not complaining about Gusty since she is one of my G1 favorites. I always assumed they chose the retro ponies based on how similar they look to current ponies.

It's a little disappointing. They always use TAF pony art on the Primark clothing. But only on the badges. Why not print thos artwork on the shirts? Of course it would be awesome to have a Loyal Subjects Nightglider but I'm not that delusional ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal