collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?  (Read 60975 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?
« Reply #435 on: September 02, 2017, 03:52:17 PM »
Has anyone found Lickity Split yet?  I've seen a couple of videos on youtube where people bought an entire case and none of the people got Lickity Split.  I was wondering if she isn't out yet or she's really rare or something.

Post Merge: September 02, 2017, 03:24:34 PM

No I haven't seen them anywhere.  Congrats! I'm hoping to get Snuzzle.

Did that card SAY cutie mark?  :brow:  >_<  -_-

Seriously they couldn't have just copied her back card story?  :huh:

I watched someone open an entire case and she didn't seem to know much about the ponies.
You can easily look at them and tell who they are but she had to look at the cards for most of them to say who they were.  Anyway, she mentioned their cutie marks and actually using the words "cutie mark" and I cringed.

Lickety Split is 1/96 I think? I bought my Lickety Split from eBay. As well as online the store has a physical location here in Australia and I had a chat through messages with a staff member. They order full cases then open them all and sell to customers (online and in-store) so they can pick the character they want, of course with small price increase. I'm hoping they get a Gusty soon and send me a message. :)
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 02, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »
I watched someone open an entire case and she didn't seem to know much about the ponies.
You can easily look at them and tell who they are but she had to look at the cards for most of them to say who they were.  Anyway, she mentioned their cutie marks and actually using the words "cutie mark" and I cringed.

Must be someone who came into MLP through FIM.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 02, 2017, 04:52:40 PM »

that would make sense but i use cutiemark out of habit
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 02, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »
The cards included with the ponies do say "cutie mark" instead of symbol. Maybe that's why some  people are calling them cutie marks especially if they're not familiar with G1 ponies.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #439 on: September 03, 2017, 05:17:56 AM »
We were lucky enough to get this stunning pearlescent Firefly today :biggrin:!! 

Love that perlescent color!  Congrats!

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 03, 2017, 06:19:44 AM »

Maybe, the youtube person was BlueDucky.  She does a lot of reviews on toys.  I'm not sure how old she is.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #441 on: September 03, 2017, 12:18:30 PM »
I saw these show up online! I can't wait to start adding them to my collection, they're really cute!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 03, 2017, 01:19:09 PM »
I need to start looking around my area again.  I now live in a more densely populated area with more stores.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline centaurette

• Captain Jack Pony
  • i'm preparing to shine... from the inside, out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 05, 2017, 03:35:11 PM »
forgive me if this is in the totally wrong place, but i have an applejack for trade if anyone's interested? i have her box, collector card and even the bag she came in! i'm looking for anyone other than minty! <3 i think these are so super cute, i was really surprised at how articulated they are! i had a lot of fun posing my applejack after i opened her, hehe!

also can i ask, why do people get so bent out of shape about the 'cutie mark' thing? i mean it doesn't really matter if someone calls them cutie marks, does it? i'm new to collecting but i've been calling them cutie marks my whole life. i think it fits in better with the whimsical-girly style of the lore than just 'symbols'? to each their own!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 05, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »
forgive me if this is in the totally wrong place, but i have an applejack for trade if anyone's interested? i have her box, collector card and even the bag she came in! i'm looking for anyone other than minty! <3 i think these are so super cute, i was really surprised at how articulated they are! i had a lot of fun posing my applejack after i opened her, hehe!

also can i ask, why do people get so bent out of shape about the 'cutie mark' thing? i mean it doesn't really matter if someone calls them cutie marks, does it? i'm new to collecting but i've been calling them cutie marks my whole life. i think it fits in better with the whimsical-girly style of the lore than just 'symbols'? to each their own!

Because it's trying to hard to be cutesy and just sounds dumb. Plus we don't say cutie mark in G1 and G2.  It's not accurate.

It's just as obnoxious as Care Bears"belly badge"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:58:19 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #445 on: September 05, 2017, 05:04:26 PM »
I just find it a silly term for something that, especially in G4, has a lot of importance for the ponies.

But to be fair, Hasbro has never called them symbols.  The official terms in G1 / G2 were "rump markings" and "rump design".

Sometimes Hasbro is surprisingly bad at naming things.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 05, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »
I just find it a silly term for something that, especially in G4, has a lot of importance for the ponies.

But to be fair, Hasbro has never called them symbols.  The official terms in G1 / G2 were "rump markings" and "rump design".

Rump markings and Rump Designs are pretty bad names too. Haha!  :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 05, 2017, 08:30:33 PM »

And just to add a little wrinkle to that.  Hasbro may have had official terms for symbols during g1 but they never used them in any significant way.  It was used, what, once or twice in a pamphlet somewhere?  Otherwise, a pony's symbol was never directly referred to.  Not in the backcard stories and not in the cartoons.

Symbol was the accepted term for years before G3 rolled around and Hasbro decided to coin a new term.  By then most of us who grew up with g1 were in our 20's and found "cutie mark" to be just too, uh, cutesy.  Yeah, I remember seeing the first G3 cartoons and immediately thinking to myself " Hasbro is focusing on a younger demographic  now."

Anyway, using "cutie mark" for older gens just feels like retroactively changing things that have been a part of the community for years.  It's the same reason there will be a reaction if someone calls "Tales" g2.  For me, it just all boils down to the general feeling that in all the excitement new fans have for FiM that *everything* about MLP must lead back to FiM or else it's worthless or not worth mentioning.  For example,  I read something recently written by an FiM fan which claimed to be a history of  My Little Pony and yet the only time it ever mentioned a pony by name it was to point out how that pony was a precursor to a FiM character.

That's not to say I don't use "cutie mark" on occasion when discussing FiM since it's such an integral part of the show. I do like the show and collect the G4 toys. But mostly I prefer to use the term "symbol."

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 05, 2017, 09:49:11 PM »

Because we had perfectly good, long established terminology already, both official and unofficial.
What's bad about rump markings?  It's descriptive of what it is and where it goes.  I'll take that over 'cutie' anything.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 05, 2017, 11:10:27 PM »
I think a people are a little too uptight about that too. But I guess if people weren't so on them about doing g1 right, maybe they'd do worse, idk. Personally, I don't care what you call their symbols.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal