collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?  (Read 60388 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 04:21:21 PM »
I feel like loyal subject vinyls have always been on the pricy side. At least there isn't special 15 limited edition ponies for $500 like other vinyls...

OP,
you might want to consider finding a new hosting site:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386878.0.html
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 04:22:39 PM »
These are actually cute! I agree, if they are a decent price, I'd consider getting them!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 04:25:05 PM »
Thank you for these photos!
I'm very glad to finally get to inspect one of these Loyal Subjects items. Ever since I saw the announcement, I was super curious, because "Loyal Subject" company is usually, just that: loyal to a nostalgia or a brand or something, making a satisfactory thing.

On the surface to me, these seem like a good idea.
Solid but pose-able 'action' figures of classic items, using seldom-seen characters that people can be a fan of or have nostalgia for in the mainstream. (Counting that no one knows hardcore G1 fans exist at all)

However, it seems like G4 has quite the large hand in these, and I don't count only the cutie-term mentioned above.
And, sadly (to my opinion) it's hand delivers everything I don't like about G4 and delivers it right into these 'g1 things'.

Giant, doughy head/tiny body
Very big eyes
Bolt-strait legs/no 'poses', trying to imitate funkos & G4brushables
Symbol on only one side
"Teasing" art that shows a real G1 doing a real pose  (The clony g4 brushables would all show the character doing something in their box art)
Little nothing of a 'story' (that doesn't match*)
Every pony is only "Different" because of color or horn or wing (no expressions, poses, different 'face shapes' that G1s had)

*I don't know Princess Sparkle's backcard story, if she loves teaparties and lilacs then this is ok just reduced to like 2 sentances

It's like, I really WANT to want these, but the blindboxing, bad odds for certain characters=crazy prices, and kind of odd proportions, plus 1 side-symbols kind of put me off and make me feel these "loyal" subjects aren't quite as loyal. That and the price. Pose-ability is good, and playing shuffle with the hair sculpts between characters is also good, but it leaves me kind of wishing they looked more like an actual G1. They're clearly making an effort with the head, in that it's sort of ponyish and not a ball/round, but it's not quite enough to get me to buy at the price.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 04:53:50 PM »
Someone on Facebook said they found these at Barnes and Noble.

I really want to support g1 stuff but I just don't love these enough for the price.  Doubly so as blind boxes.  I'd rather take my $15 to Hallmark and buy that gorgeous Moondancer.  Or save that money for one of the G1 custom project ponies.  And as someone else said, there are a lot of actual g1 ponies I don't have yet I could spend that money on.

Maybe at some point, if they are on sale or I have a coupon, I might buy one.  Maybe.

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 06:32:08 PM »
I feel like loyal subject vinyls have always been on the pricy side. At least there isn't special 15 limited edition ponies for $500 like other vinyls...

OP,
you might want to consider finding a new hosting site:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386878.0.html

Yes I've seen that. Grr, not to you, to Photobucket. I don't have a lot in my account, pretty much just have it to post to my sales and whatever else on here. I think I'm only 34% full. I'm trying to figure out what to do though since there are some I don't have on my camera card anymore. But since I don't have an actual computer at the moment I'm going to have to see if there is room on my sisters and borrow hers and then put them on something I guess.

Yes the price is more than I would spend on a blind box and would rather spend it on a real pony for the price. But since there's only two I really want and I knew what I was getting I thought it was a good deal. I did notice a code of some sort or maybe it's just a production date on the bottom of the box. But maybe there is a way to know what is what. I can take a pic of that as well in a little bit.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 06:41:55 PM »
I wonder what section they would be in at Barnes and Noble? I assume they'd be with the other collectible toys and blind boxes like the Toki Doki ones? I was just at Barnes and Noble today but didn't see these out yet.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 07:07:24 PM »
I haven't went looking yet because my work hours this week are... weird.
I'm hoping to get two Pegasus doubles... yes doubles... because I want to custom one XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 07:12:57 PM »
DD still wants Firefly and Lickety-split. Looking at the odds, I guess I won't be getting Snuzzle and Sundance after all unless i wanna pay more. Phooey! I'm not really pleased at the pop off legs and the heads are still a bit too big for my liking. Perhaps they're cuter in person.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:15:34 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 07:45:42 PM »
So let me ask this, where have these been found so far? I want to make a list to see if any of the places are in my area. And what price did you find them at?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 08:11:31 PM »
So let me ask this, where have these been found so far? I want to make a list to see if any of the places are in my area. And what price did you find them at?
I got her off of eBay. Someone else said they saw a post on Facebook that they saw them at Barnes and nobles. I don't know if anyone has found them anywhere else. Finding her on eBay was a surprise since there hasn't been much talk about them for awhile. The seller I got her from only has a snuzzle left all the others have sold.

Here are some pics of her movements, not sure if these help. Her front legs have more range and the back ones pop off if pushed to far, one of them a lot more easily.

And here is the code/date I was talking about on the bottom. It looks like a date to me. 05/04/17

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 08:16:56 PM »
Cuuute!  I will pick up some blind boxes when they arrive in stores.

Yes, the tea parties and lilacs are a reference to her original backcard:

Princess Sparkle gazed at the pretty spring morning, eager for the day ahead. Today she was going to surprise her forest friends with a special visit! She packed a picnic basket then went to the garden to pick some flowers, but they were gone! She headed for the woods anyway, but no one was there when she arrived! "Mr. Owl! Bunny Rabbit!" she called. No one answered. Suddenly she heard a rustling noise nearby. She followed it and to her surprise, her friends had planned a tea party especially for her! "But how did you know I was coming today?" Sparkle asked. "That was easy," laughed Mrs. Skunk. "We picked your pretty lilacs and knew you'd follow the scent!"

I too hate the term cutie mark.  But Hasbro has probably retroactively started calling all symbols that.  "Symbol" was never actually an official Hasbro term.  As near as I can tell, the official Hasbro term used to be "rump mark" and/or "rump design."

If you look at (humanoid) Loyal Subjects figures, they are always sort of chibi (large heads, smallish bodies).  So that's not "G4 inspired", it's just their usual proportions for figures, translated into a pony body.

Edit:  I just saw Glory on eBay and, good news, she is white!  Not purple like that prototype we saw at Toy Fair a while back.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:21:47 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 12:08:30 AM »
I would really want to see these in-person to make a purchase; $17 is a hefty price tag, and the fact that they're making such popular and well-loved ponies like Gusty and Lickety Split 'chase' figures chafes my hide! :( I mean, I understand having chase characters, it's part of the whole thing with blind boxes - but for $17? And for a fandom favorite like Gusty!? Not cool.

(That said, I already have a preorder with Gypsy, LOL! Last year's birthday present to myself!)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 12:19:10 AM »
I wonder what happened to the glittery ones.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 01:18:53 AM »
At that price and with the annoyance of blind-boxing, no way am I touching these.

Sad really, because I'd love more quality G1 merch.  Might have been more tempted if they were better representations, but single sided symbols? COME ON. At ~20$ you can afford to print on both darn sides!  Super disappointing, though the 'hey there's super rare figures most of you won't ever have the chance to get' thing turns me off even more. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2017, 02:31:43 AM »
Why is Gusty a chase figure?  Princess Sparkle would make more sense as a chase figure.  Whatever, I'll be on the lookout for them and pick one up.  Who knows.  I might get lucky.

What's interesting is all the names have "TM" next to meaning Hasbro claims trademark on them.  They're not registered trademarks, but Hasbro probably didn't want to go that far for third party merchandise.  Wish they would make G1 ponies themselves (it would put some variety on the shelves at least).
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal