collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Oops! Accidentally throwing out pony stuff.  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
Re: Oops! Accidentally throwing out pony stuff.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 09:36:38 AM »
There would be two scavenger hunts. The first is for all the items listed in the episode "Sweet Stuff and the treasure hunt". The second is teams are assigned different thrift stores and garage sales. The team who buys the most MLP items at their assigned location wins the combined haul from all the other teams.

Not sure why but that sounds like FUN o.O

and the ghost stories XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 03:20:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure I threw out the yellow rail to the show stable jump many years ago because it's nowhere to be found. I understand why I might have done that. A yellow plastic stick out of context doesn't exactly scream my little pony. I had to buy a new one on Ebay.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 12:17:06 AM »
Mine wasn't pony but I threw out a Moon Dreamer set because I thought it was a fakie.  :yikes: :wail: It was Blinky and Ursa and they were still attached to the inner card of the box but the outer box got damaged and thrown out at some point. So a few years ago I was getting my old toys back from my mom who had been storing them for me all these years. I knew I had a Moon Dreamer set MIBish and when I found it I went online to ID it and saw that Blinky's hair was the wrong color. So I got really mad for some reason, thinking it was a fakie and someone duped me on ebay and I threw it out. Fast forward 3 years and in a thread here about Moon Dreamers I find out that there is a rare variant of Blinky with blue hair. So yeah, I'm pretty sure my "fakie" was actually a rare variant and I threw her out in a fit. I'm soooo upset with myself, it's been a year since I realized and it still makes me sick to think about. I am waaaay more careful now and never throw out anything toy related. I donate it instead so worst case scenario it goes to someone else and not the dump.  :cry:

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 05:47:45 AM »
When I was cleaning an eBay lot, there was a Pony Bride (Bridal Beauty, maybe?  I get them mixed up) who had her wedding ring on.  I tucked it in my pocket while I was washing her and promptly forgot about it.  Then I put my pants through the wash and didn't realize it until I was putting them away.  I checked the pocket and it was GONE.  I don't have many G1 accessories so I was really bummed out.  Ages later (I'd basically forgotten about it) my mom found it in the washing machine and was like "is this yours?" I'm glad she knows about all my collections enough to ask if little bits and bobs that may look like cheap plastic to a non collector are actually important!  So thankfully my pony was reunited with her accessory but I felt so bad when I thought I had lost it!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 03:07:11 PM »
Oh my gosh,

If there was a My Little Pony camp, all of these would be scary stories told around the camp fire. The tale of the thrown out barrette. The tale of the naughty dog. The story of childhood ponies given away. Truly horrifying.

Can we PLEASE have a My Little Pony camp? Please? Each tent can have pony names, and....

I thought that was what Ponyqueen was trying to do with the meet ata her house last fall? ;)

Havne't thrown out a pony thing as far as I know, but I did have a close call with some small accessories wrapped in little wads of bubble wrap. :yikes:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 03:50:38 PM »
A bag of my G3 Apple Jack army was accidentally put out for adoption (aka out by the trash bins). You want it? You take it, I've done similar. It's how my neighbors and I swap things. But I didn't realize it till two weeks later. By then it was long gone. :cry: Adding insult to injury my two Sky Rockets were in there.

Sign me up for camp!

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 04:15:42 PM »
I had a few of my childhood pony charms, but they got lost in a move.  :cry:

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2018, 04:09:25 PM »
Oof. I have a story that still pains me.  :cloud: :yikes: :redface:

When I was a kid I was pony OBSESSED. Ponies made up a good majority of the toys I had. I still have all my ponies down to the very first one I ever got. My aunt also gave me all her G1s and childhood pony stuff years down the road, so I had a lot of G1 stuff during my childhood as well.
Over time, my pony accessories and houses accumulated a ton. I had the G1 Nursery, Pretty Parlor, G3 Cotton Candy Cafe, a G3 salon thing?, Frilly Frocks' boutique, the Teapot Palace and the amusement park for Ponyvilles, etc. (At one time I had Butterfly Island, G3 Amusement Park and the Celebration Castle but I was told they were "lost" in one of our millions of moves... My mom got rid of them because they were too big)
I also had like 95% of all accessories that ever came with any ponies I ever had. Most of the pony clothes I took with as well, little things, well....

She moved to Idaho to get away from abusive husband #2 and of course I was a kid so I went with her. Well, surprise, husband #3 turned out to be an absolutely crazy abusive guy too. We had to just up and leave, move ASAP and get out of there, again. She was going to Kentucky, I chose to stay here and move in with my boyfriend, I was 18 at the time. Unfortunately neither of us had room to take all these playsets and like 3 drawers of accessories. It also takes quite a while to sell stuff (if I wanted them to go to collectors or anywhere nice, we had no one we could give all these to) and we had no time, so I had no choice...
I left all the playsets and accessories at that house, with him. :yikes:

I'm still not a playset collector, I think that experience may have soiled my ideas on having any of them ever again and my mom had already tossed the ones that were "too big." I also at one point had Monster High deadluxe school which was also tossed because it was in a cardboard box and rats went to town on it... >.> So I think I've just noticed a theme in my life of "Don't have playsets, it just doesn't go well." So I think I'm done with playsets forever lmao. (A vintage toy store near us has been trying to sell a G1 Show Stable for months now, I admire it from a distance whenever we go in but doubt I'll ever buy it)
That's alright.

My biggest regret is they didn't get to go to good collectors or pony people what would have cherished them. I'll never know what became of all that stuff. From what I gather he Craigslisted everything that was left and trashed the house (closest thing I ever had to a childhood house, I never had a hometown or childhood house, we moved too much when I was a kid) with his new girlfriend and her kids. >.< Hopefully he Craigslisted the pony stuff and someone good took them.

At least I saved all the ponies, not a single one has ever been lost. That's what counts, right? :redface: :newpony:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:21:21 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal