collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The REAL Greatest Villain in all of MLP  (Read 7203 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: The REAL Greatest Villain in all of MLP
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2017, 12:43:58 AM »
Of course, the guy who makes donkeys of boys on their way to Pleasure Island on the other hand is very much out there somewhere...good point, Al.  Monstro too.  And Captain Hook, who's hanging out in Shrek's Far Far Away along with quite a few other villains.

I wish we saw more cartoon villains like the Coachman and Tirek, ones who are creepy and ruthless to the core. Instead, most other villains are portrayed as foolish, childish, or they lamely break into song. I always hated that as a kid.

Btw, I've never read the original Pinocchio story, but as I understand it the Coachman is even worse, biting off part of a donkey's ear for throwing Pinocchio off and then doing the same to the donkey's other ear when he tries to warn Pinocchio. In a later part of the story, the Coachman abducts a fully transformed Pinocchio from his home and sells him to a circus.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2017, 01:21:50 AM »
I think its [you]!

Very funny...not. Even though people call me the next Nobunaga Oda (villain from Samurai Warriors).

I think the biggest villian is Rainbow Dash you never know what she's planning.  Then again it could be Majesty.

Post Merge: July 10, 2017, 01:24:52 AM

Of course, the guy who makes donkeys of boys on their way to Pleasure Island on the other hand is very much out there somewhere...good point, Al.  Monstro too.  And Captain Hook, who's hanging out in Shrek's Far Far Away along with quite a few other villains.

I wish we saw more cartoon villains like the Coachman and Tirek, ones who are creepy and ruthless to the core. Instead, most other villains are portrayed as foolish, childish, or they lamely break into song. I always hated that as a kid.

Btw, I've never read the original Pinocchio story, but as I understand it the Coachman is even worse, biting off part of a donkey's ear for throwing Pinocchio off and then doing the same to the donkey's other ear when he tries to warn Pinocchio. In a later part of the story, the Coachman abducts a fully transformed Pinocchio from his home and sells him to a circus.

Don't mention the coachman from Pinnochio. I had a nightmare well it started of as a nice dream about Five Nights at Freddy's till the coachman appears with his scary face when he says as boys. That woke me up.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 01:24:52 AM by bright rabbit 1 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2017, 02:22:41 AM »
The 'bad man' did actually exist.  He did shave the capture Majesty and "force" her to invite the Rainbow Ponies to the party.  He did shave them.  And he did take their hair and do whatever he intended to do with it.

It's just that Ember dreamed it was going to happen first.  However, the Rainbow Ponies just brushed it off thinking she was only saying it because she was envious for not being invited.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2017, 05:49:50 AM »
LadyMoondancer has Ember's Dream uploaded on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQUZAifaXw

Was the Pink Moon mentioned in any of the comics or only in this story?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2017, 02:56:04 AM »
Thanks LadyMoondancer for uploading that and Ponyfan for sharing the link.

I took a few important lessons from it: 
the Rainbow Ponies were so excited that they weren't very sensitive to Ember's feelings....
the pink angel pony says "sometimes baby ponies can be very wise, and grownup ponies can be very foolish"
Ember was selflessly compassionate and got to try the pink lemonade, the rainbow ponies were selfish and didn't get any pink lemonade.

MLP has been teaching what we need to know from the very beginning and I for one could use the review.

As to the topic, the bad man wasn't that bad, he only took their hair and as the angel pony pointed out, they should have listened to Ember's warning and the rainbow ponies could use some time as ordinary ponies to improve their attitudes.  Sure, he was powerful enough not only to capture Majesty but even to compel her to lead the rainbow ponies into his trap....perhaps one of the earliest example of Hasbro throwing characters under the bus to tell a story.  Conclusion:  Hasbro is the worst villain in all of MLP.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2017, 09:09:47 AM »
What would have happened if the Red Fog found something red? Was it sentient? Would it have killed or sickened everyone? Was it controlled by an outside force? Did it hide strange creatures in it like that one movie? What do you do for ponies who have red on them naturally?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal